geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Just took delivery of a 2017 Civic Sport. Leased it, because the exact trim I want isn't available in the states...
Yet...

But the auto customizer in me can't resist. There's things I want to add, and am confident I know how to add them while treading lightly, given that I am intending to eventuality turn in this lease.

Disclaimer:
I'm 43 and an IT career professional now, but also a lifelong customizer, professional fabricator, audio engineer, and loudspeaker driver engineer with 10 professional rep visits to CES and several SEMA visits in my younger years.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leased but can't help but modify. 20170801_203455
Honda Civic 10th gen Leased but can't help but modify. 20170801_203411

Stay tuned, I'll cover what I do, including the critical "tread lightly" aspects of any mods I'll do.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice!! I would starter with a mod like the sidemarkers. Just did mine yesterday and love it.

OP
OP

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Nice!! I would starter with a mod like the sidemarkers. Just did mine yesterday and love it.
Not a bad idea for a quick one!

I've already taken the easy way out on the first mod: had the dealer install a remote starter as part of my negotiation.

One of the things I'm considering is fabricating a dual camera blind spot monitoring system, with an LCD embedded in an auto-dimming rear view mirror (or maybe tap the factory screen instead), with two side-mirror (undermount) microcameras triggered by a set of pulse accessory timer relays individually tied to the left and right turn signals...

It's no Honda Sense, but is on the list of features I'd wish I could get on the Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited: