mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Your other option is to use plastidip spray to coat the grille.

I'm going to the cheap DIY route and wrapping it. It might come out awful, but if I do it right, it's not going to look perfect forever. Rocks will damage with vinyl.

If you have the money, just the get grille
Cool, thanks for your reply! Isn't plastidip matte? I want it to be glossy. Do you have any recs on grilles? Gl on your wrap.. can't wait to see how it turns out.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Cool, thanks for your reply! Isn't plastidip matte? I want it to be glossy. Do you have any recs on grilles? Gl on your wrap.. can't wait to see how it turns out.
by itself any color plastidip is matte, but using couple layers of glossifier will turn it glossy.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
used plastidip..about 7-8 coats and 2 coats of satinizer for protection
How many cans did you use and what is satinizer? Planning to go that route since it's cheaper. Also prefer the matte black instead of the glossy black.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
How many cans did you use and what is satinizer? Planning to go that route since it's cheaper. Also prefer the matte black instead of the glossy black.
if i remember correctly i used about 1.5 cans for 7-8 coats. not quite sure but from what my buddy told me, who plasti dipped his grille together with me the same day said that it gives off a slight gloss compared to the glossifier and its more for giving your dip an extra coat /protection from the elements (UV).

Heres a close up look of the grille. It looks matte but at the same time a lil bit of gloss due to the satinizer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread IMG_5526.JPG

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
if i remember correctly i used about 1.5 cans for 7-8 coats. not quite sure but from what my buddy told me, who plasti dipped his grille together with me the same day said that it gives off a slight gloss compared to the glossifier and its more for giving your dip an extra coat /protection from the elements (UV).

Heres a close up look of the grille. It looks matte but at the same time a lil bit of gloss due to the satinizer.

IMG_5526.JPG
Can you link the products you used?

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Cheap labor!
:D
seriously though,you can easily do this job yourself. just a matter of patience between coats and youtube. watch how they move side to side when spraying and you'll eventually get it.

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
:D
seriously though,you can easily do this job yourself. just a matter of patience between coats and youtube. watch how they move side to side when spraying and you'll eventually get it.
cool, thanks for the tips! i'm going to go buy the stuff tonight and try it out tomorrow. did you plastidip the chrome trims above your windows?

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
cool, thanks for the tips! i'm going to go buy the stuff tonight and try it out tomorrow. did you plastidip the chrome trims above your windows?
i havent but will eventually when the weather permits or if i decide to not be a lazy ass :)

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
i havent but will eventually when the weather permits or if i decide to not be a lazy ass :)
cool.. i'm probably going to just dip everything and then be done. leave my car stock lol
Sponsored