Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
Some background info for everyone. I am 25 years old and this is my third car and my first new car. I did not get my license till i was 21. First car was a used 2002 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. After that car started having issues i bought a used 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design which was a nice upgrade in style and power but after putting 14,000 miles on it in 6 months it started giving me tons of issues. Trans went, had to get that replaced. Windshield was lose, massive throttle hesitation which i could never figure out even after the trans was replaced. There was always a jerk when the car shifted into gears. It was an auto. Steering also did not feel right. there was some weird notchy knocking feel to the steering when it would go past the center point. My saving grace was buying the 2 year Volvo protection plan which payed for the trans. The car did not even have a back up camera. the doors were way to long and heavy which made it hard to get the door open in tight spaces and it was a pain to get into the back seat. also my MPG was crap. 17 city and 24 highway and i had to use premium. I just needed a more practical and more reliable car which is where this car came into play. The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Polished Metal. I bought it Friday the 10th so iv only had it a few days. Already put 400 miles on it. Did not really want to but i bought the car 120 miles away from where i live. Then drove it to my grandparents house and back another 250 miles. From this i can say the car drives great. Defiantly has a different feel then the c30 but its better in mostly every way. The only thing the c30 was better with was acceleration. 0-60 was under 6 seconds with a tune. not bad for a Volvo. but honestly ill take all the features and comfort and user friendliness of this car over the c30s power any day. I am getting 35.5 highway mpg currently. It also uses premium but im still saving a ton of money now on gas with double the MPG. Power while not as good as the c30 is plenty. No complaints there.

The cars are similar in size but the civics hatch has twice the storage if not more. Great design. Here are some Photos i took before it inevitably got dirty with salt
Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D sad

Yesterday someone must of lost there car door in the wind and it hit my left fender giving it a nice dime size dent. then today i notice the plastic trim on the upper right corner of the rear window is chipped off. I assumed it was due to the salt truck i passed on the highway throwing large salt chunks everywhere but in the photo below you can kinda see it which was taken right after i bought the car. Which means i took hold of the car already damaged.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32847772625_3869250c53_c
20170211_083633 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32796225496_8c37ac303c_c
20170211_083553 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32510037800_d38a310a4f_c
20170213_215944 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32778517791_808c6ef00b_c
20170214_125219 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Previous car 2011 Volvo c30 R-design orange flame metallic

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 23539049946_4160a2d4c5_c
20151206_121439 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 22456988711_5925537ef5_c

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
You can run regular gas in the car if you want to save money too.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Very nice! Congratulations

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Some background info for everyone. I am 25 years old and this is my third car and my first new car. I did not get my license till i was 21. First car was a used 2002 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. After that car started having issues i bought a used 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design which was a nice upgrade in style and power but after putting 14,000 miles on it in 6 months it started giving me tons of issues. Trans went, had to get that replaced. Windshield was lose, massive throttle hesitation which i could never figure out even after the trans was replaced. There was always a jerk when the car shifted into gears. It was an auto. Steering also did not feel right. there was some weird notchy knocking feel to the steering when it would go past the center point. My saving grace was buying the 2 year Volvo protection plan which payed for the trans. The car did not even have a back up camera. the doors were way to long and heavy which made it hard to get the door open in tight spaces and it was a pain to get into the back seat. also my MPG was crap. 17 city and 24 highway and i had to use premium. I just needed a more practical and more reliable car which is where this car came into play. The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Polished Metal. I bought it Friday the 10th so iv only had it a few days. Already put 400 miles on it. Did not really want to but i bought the car 120 miles away from where i live. Then drove it to my grandparents house and back another 250 miles. From this i can say the car drives great. Defiantly has a different feel then the c30 but its better in mostly every way. The only thing the c30 was better with was acceleration. 0-60 was under 6 seconds with a tune. not bad for a Volvo. but honestly ill take all the features and comfort and user friendliness of this car over the c30s power any day. I am getting 35.5 highway mpg currently. It also uses premium but im still saving a ton of money now on gas with double the MPG. Power while not as good as the c30 is plenty. No complaints there.

The cars are similar in size but the civics hatch has twice the storage if not more. Great design. Here are some Photos i took before it inevitably got dirty with salt
Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D sad

Yesterday someone must of lost there car door in the wind and it hit my left fender giving it a nice dime size dent. then today i notice the plastic trim on the upper right corner of the rear window is chipped off. I assumed it was due to the salt truck i passed on the highway throwing large salt chunks everywhere but in the photo below you can kinda see it which was taken right after i bought the car. Which means i took hold of the car already damaged.

I bought a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport touring White with Black ground effects. Just check your window sticker!! It suppose to come with LED Fog lights. Mine came with incandescent Fog lights. Even thou the window sticker says LED Fog lights. The dealership is working with Honda to get them switched over to LED Fog. The sport touring supposed to come with LED lights Parking, Head, Fog, Rear Parking. So check your window sticker!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32847772625_3869250c53_c
20170211_083633 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32796225496_8c37ac303c_c
20170211_083553 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32510037800_d38a310a4f_c
20170213_215944 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32778517791_808c6ef00b_c
20170214_125219 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Previous car 2011 Volvo c30 R-design orange flame metallic

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 23539049946_4160a2d4c5_c
20151206_121439 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 22456988711_5925537ef5_c

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport touring White with Black ground effects. Just check your window sticker!! It suppose to come with LED Fog lights. Mine came with incandescent Fog lights. Even thou the window sticker says LED Fog lights. The dealership is working with Honda to get them switched over to LED Fog. The sport touring supposed to come with LED lights Parking, Head, Fog, Rear Parking. So check your window sticker!!

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just checked and your right. Mine are incandescent. UGH. did not notice that. im going to the dealer tomorrow anyway so ill let them know

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just checked and your right. Mine are incandescent. UGH. did not notice that. im going to the dealer tomorrow anyway so ill let them know
My dealership called me today. The service manager said that Honda doesn't offer LED fog lights. They would not put any after market LED lights on. They said that the fog lights are halogen lights. I told him that doesn't make any sense. The headlights, high beams, parking ,turn signal lights are all LED except for the fog lights. They said they could offer another option, so talking to my Sale rep I said I would accept the wireless charger. He was going to talk to his higher ups and get back to me. I'm furious!! They (Honda) says it was a misprint. Bullshit. There aren't any around to check other Sport Tourings. I have my window sticker. Us Sport touring need to stick together. I laughed my sales rep said is it really a big deal. I said YES! I bought two civics that day the Sport Touring and a Civic EX. They are gong to make me whole.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the stickers for the Sport Tourings really say they have LED fogs? I thought that was an Accord-only affair.

Though my sales guy said my Touring sedan came with auto high-beams which (at the time) was only an Accord-only affair too...

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do the stickers for the Sport Tourings really say they have LED fogs? I thought that was an Accord-only affair.

Though my sales guy said my Touring sedan came with auto high-beams which (at the time) was only an Accord-only affair too...
I wanted to create a thread on the LED Fog Lights to see who else out there has the same issue.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32927513461_7e8bc2e20b_c
20170222_104147 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

The 6th on down under Exterior features. Honestly im not super disappointed as warmer kelvin light is better at cutting through fog then cooler kelvin light unless they would put in warm white leds in fog lights but then the color would not match the rest of the cars lights so if there did have led fog lights id bet they would be ether neutral white or cool white which is not as good and cutting through fog. the only down side is you have different color lights when you have the fog light on. does not look as good. But in this instance id take functionality over looks

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 32927513461_7e8bc2e20b_c
20170222_104147 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

The 6th on down under Exterior features. Honestly im not super disappointed as warmer kelvin light is better at cutting through fog then cooler kelvin light unless they would put in warm white leds in fog lights but then the color would not match the rest of the cars lights so if there did have led fog lights id bet they would be ether neutral white or cool white which is not as good and cutting through fog. the only down side is you have different color lights when you have the fog light on. does not look as good. But in this instance id take functionality over looks
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE : Dealership called today. Honda does not offer LED Headlights!!! They (Honda) said that that was a typo.
So there solution was to offer me a free Option. So I will get the wireless charger in exchange for the lack of LED fog lights. I would have preferred the LED fog light because all the lights are LED Headlights, High beams, Parking Lights, Turn Signals. Boy they really screwed up. Honda would not put after market LED Fogs. So that's the update. They will install the wireless charger on March 3rd.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
For a light that's stagnant and not flashed often, halogen fogs are completely fine. In fact, as OP said, if you intend to use foglights as they're meant to, halogen bulbs are far better. LEDs look cool, but only if they're integrated into the design of the car ala Accord, MB, etc.

@RBorden629 you got a $300 option while they could have just said fine and installed $20 aftermarket LED bulbs for you. It really isn't that big of a deal, even though I know you feel you were gravely wronged.

Anyway, OP, car looks fantastic! Door dings and chips are inevitable...the earlier you give up, the better your life will be :p
Sponsored