OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Any new mod coming up soon?
The plans I have next are coilovers and wheels. But right now I'm focusing on my FRS instead of the Civic. :) But I do want to finish the Civic and have my wife happy with her car. She wants me to paint it for her too

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bit off topic, but your username would make a cool personalized license plate. :D

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look it's clean and simple..Hmm wonder what that lip would look like on my coupe.. How much lower does the lip come down and would it scrape bottom.. I have a slope at the end of my driveway!:D

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look it's clean and simple..Hmm wonder what that lip would look like on my coupe.. How much lower does the lip come down and would it scrape bottom.. I have a slope at the end of my driveway!:D
I'm right there with ya. That thing wouldn't last a week with me. Between our speed bumps, and the dip in the alley behind my house....crunch!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Big things happening in the Spring...

20161212_225101.jpg
:spaz:
Oh man I can't wait to see this! Rare Jade is one of my absolute favorite pearls! I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me put Rare Jade on her 2012 Camry SE.

Are you using the RDS and the quart of DPTC on the wheels?

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
:spaz:
Oh man I can't wait to see this! Rare Jade is one of my absolute favorite pearls! I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me put Rare Jade on her 2012 Camry SE.

Are you using the RDS and the quart of DPTC on the wheels?

My FRS is Rare Jade right now and my GF wanted her car the same color as well so it should be interesting seeing the Civic in Rare Jade too. The quart is just a premixed quart to have some extra dip so I can add a few layers on top of my FRS. My FRS has some Green Juice mixed in and I like the straight Rare Jade better so the quart will take it back. It IS a great pearl though. Imo it's the best solid pearl DYC has. The wheels will probably be Hyper Graphite dipped because silver doesn't match the Rare Jade at all.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My FRS is Rare Jade right now and my GF wanted her car the same color as well so it should be interesting seeing the Civic in Rare Jade too. The quart is just a premixed quart to have some extra dip so I can add a few layers on top of my FRS. My FRS has some Green Juice mixed in and I like the straight Rare Jade better so the quart will take it back. It IS a great pearl though. Imo it's the best solid pearl DYC has. The wheels will probably be Hyper Graphite dipped because silver doesn't match the Rare Jade at all.
So are you adding the RDS into the base coats? I'd be worried the RDS would create extra texture that would translate into your clear. I've never shot RDS, but I thought it didn't lay as smooth as PDS.

Can't wait to see it. I think I'm going to spray Phoenix Colorshift or Flash Chameleon next. Not planning on peeling until at least next summer/fall tho.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh no I have the pearls going into DPTC then shooting that over the base coats.
Heh, I think we're on different pages :p

I'm referring to the Rubber dip spray (RDS) gallon you have there. I see at least two gallons of Plasti dip spray (PDS) and one gallon of Rubber dip spray. They are two different products.
Sponsored