Why mask license plate in pics?

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to forum and was always curious why everyone masks their license plates in pics? What am I missing? I am posting pics of my Cosmic Gray Pearl Hatchback just so I could do the same LOL.
Honda Civic 10th gen Why mask license plate in pics? 2017_Hatchback_CGP
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
Because license plates can be traced. And under the wrong hands they can give out more information than anyone cares to know about. Same reason why Rebecca Schaeffer ended up dead from an obsessed stalker. Some people mask them, others do not. It's up to you to decide~

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's honestly such a small thing, yes, they can be traced, but your odds of encountering the crazies that care are minute, at best. How many people see your plates each day and don't care. Me? Thanks to people hacking OPM, my fingerprints and all personal info are somewhere on the dark web. So license plates don't mean much in my case.

Edit: And I have a personalized plate that I've seen people take pics of at stoplights a number of times before. No one has hunted me down yet lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
cmanman

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
License plate masking aside (did I do right?), you all notice the 225/45-18x7.5 in my pic on Cosmic Gray Pearl Hatch? No comments? As others have said to each his own, but these are OEM 2012 Veloster wheels I had laying around that my buddy painted black (single stage clear or something or rather) for me. With a 49 offset they're a little too tucked into the wheelwell for me but it got the all black (or non-chrome) look I was going for, and got me in cheap except for a set of tires that at least I got $230 in Black Friday gift cards in return.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
License plate masking aside (did I do right?), you all notice the 225/45-18x7.5 in my pic on Cosmic Gray Pearl Hatch? No comments? As others have said to each his own, but these are OEM 2012 Veloster wheels I had laying around that my buddy painted black (single stage clear or something or rather) for me. With a 49 offset they're a little too tucked into the wheelwell for me but it got the all black (or non-chrome) look I was going for, and got me in cheap except for a set of tires that at least I got $230 in Black Friday gift cards in return.
You lost me at oem Hyundie wheels..

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My avatar is my plates. LOL. It's my NFL season plates the other is my username.

I guess this is why my SHOW ME WHATBYOU GOT personalized plates isn't popular. LOL

Some people are just too paranoid.

I remember when I got my first personalized plates when I bought my first vehicle 17 years ago, my Mother was against it because others can identify me easily.

Personalized or not again if someone has a problem with you they'll find you regardless.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to forum and was always curious why everyone masks their license plates in pics? What am I missing? I am posting pics of my Cosmic Gray Pearl Hatchback just so I could do the same LOL.
2017_Hatchback_CGP.jpg
I have no idea what you're talking about, my license plates came pre-blurred like that from the dealership........ ? :popcorn:
Sponsored