Our live photos of Civic Type R Prototype and Hatchback from Paris

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
"Around 30 thousand quid" is roughly $31K USD, in terms of Honda conversion rate :)
Not with an overseas market. Between Canada and the US, Honda has to keep the amounts between models similar because Canadians and Americans are very close in terms of expectations for how the car is priced. Honda can't price themselves out of the market by accounting for the exchange rate properly and the volatility in CAD is a cost of doing business. If the Type R is 30k quid in Britain, they'll price it at 40 here since we locals have very little familiarity with pricing overseas.
Sponsored

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Not with an overseas market. Between Canada and the US, Honda has to keep the amounts between models similar because Canadians and Americans are very close in terms of expectations for how the car is priced. Honda can't price themselves out of the market by accounting for the exchange rate properly and the volatility in CAD is a cost of doing business. If the Type R is 30k quid in Britain, they'll price it at 40 here since we locals have very little familiarity with pricing overseas.
You sure about that?

UK HRV: £18,495
US HRV: $19,365

UK CRV: £22,775
US CRV: $23,845

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You sure about that?

UK HRV: £18,495
US HRV: $19,365

UK CRV: £22,775
US CRV: $23,845
Okay, I'll give you similar pricing on bread and butter models. But on principle alone, do you thinnk American Honda will give you Type R for 30k USD MSRP when the EX-L Navi hatch is $25,300? You still have Sport Touring and Si models in there and in terms of the US market itself, Golf R, Sti is at 40k so that's where the expectations lie....

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, I'll give you similar pricing on bread and butter models. But on principle alone, do you thinnk American Honda will give you Type R for 30k USD MSRP when the EX-L Navi hatch is $25,300? You still have Sport Touring and Si models in there and in terms of the US market itself, Golf R, Sti is at 40k so that's where the expectations lie....
The HRV is far from bread and butter...

And you're assuming the Si will be priced higher than the Sport Touring... They are targeting different markets for those vehicles and I'd expect the Si to not crack $30k at its highest trim... In fact, I'd expect it to be around the $24k starting price... Keep in mind the Si doesn't have all the tech/comfort of the Touring...

My friend bought the fully loaded Golf R for under $40k... Considering thats an AWD car, I doubt Honda will be silly enough to price it similarly since they're technically not in the same market...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The HRV is far from bread and butter...

And you're assuming the Si will be priced higher than the Sport Touring... They are targeting different markets for those vehicles and I'd expect the Si to not crack $30k at its highest trim... In fact, I'd expect it to be around the $24k starting price... Keep in mind the Si doesn't have all the tech/comfort of the Touring...

My friend bought the fully loaded Golf R for under $40k... Considering thats an AWD car, I doubt Honda will be silly enough to price it similarly since they're technically not in the same market...
So do you think the Type R will be priced at 30k USD to start?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
Dude you guys are suckers, I mean a WING on top of another WING? Really? Can you get anymore 'riced' out than that? I dunno but I'm sorry.. =(

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So do you think the Type R will be priced at 30k USD to start?
not $30k... being optimistic I think it could start as low as $33k but my gut tells me it will be right under $35k

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm getting old. I wouldn't by one of these back in the day and I'm not buying a Type-R.

Honda Civic 10th gen Our live photos of Civic Type R Prototype and Hatchback from Paris Plymouth_Road_Runner_Superbird

I'm sure the performance is unreal but that wing is just too much.

AzulKari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
not $30k... being optimistic I think it could start as low as $33k but my gut tells me it will be right under $35k
I think between 34k to 36k, would be pretty safe assumption. The WRX STI starts at 35.1k, Focus RS 36.1k, and Golf R 35.6k. These are the cars that the Type R is competing with and would likely be priced around unless they for some reason are able to undercut them all.

Also, I really love the paint on this even though its a concept, looks really nice in the photography lighting. Maybe I'll have to hold out and save up for one of these and just buy some Enkei RPF1's/New Tires for my 8th gen to hold me over until then. I'm still excited to see what they do with the Si even though I've been following it ever since they did the first announcement of the 2016 Civic.

mhwkr01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic LX sedan ASM, 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan BNP
Not to stray off on to another vehicle sort of. But the Euro-spec Civic sedan is debuted and interestingly enough in one of the press pictures it has the trunk open showing the lid with the trunk-lid insulator it also has the trunk arm garnishes and I really really want them. Does anyone know where we can get these for the North American Civic?

Honda Civic 10th gen Our live photos of Civic Type R Prototype and Hatchback from Paris Honda-Sedan-Civic-2

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to stray off on to another vehicle sort of. But the Euro-spec Civic sedan is debuted and interestingly enough in one of the press pictures it has the trunk open showing the lid with the trunk-lid insulator it also has the trunk arm garnishes and I really really want them. Does anyone know where we can get these for the North American Civic?

Honda-Sedan-Civic-2.jpg
Never knew that before.

Looks like shafting # 11 for US Civics.
Sponsored