2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey dude i just bought this spoiler and i noticed there seems to be a hole on the underside of the wing, was wondering if it was just me or yours is like that as well?

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
hey dude i just bought this spoiler and i noticed there seems to be a hole on the underside of the wing, was wondering if it was just me or yours is like that as well?
yep mine has the same hole, I figured it was something from the molding process.

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SilverII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
can you post a picture with your spoiler and the rear lights on?

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up changing the tips to something more subtle that wasn't as close to the bumper..

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic WP_20161004_18_30_27_Pro (2)

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey when you installed the spoiler did you just use the screws provided or buy some mounting brackets? also im digging the exhaust tips been looking for one still

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey when you installed the spoiler did you just use the screws provided or buy some mounting brackets? also im digging the exhaust tips been looking for one still
No, I purchased longer bolts and wide washers. To be honest the whole install was a clusterf**k lol

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I purchased longer bolts and wide washers. To be honest the whole install was a clusterf**k lol
yeah ive been thinking about doing it myself but seems like so much work i got a quote from an auto body shop for 120 and i might go that route

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah ive been thinking about doing it myself but seems like so much work i got a quote from an auto body shop for 120 and i might go that route
as long as they are trustworthy that sounds like a deal lol

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as long as they are trustworthy that sounds like a deal lol
do you feel as if the longer bolts and washers were needed, if so i need to go pick some up

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you feel as if the longer bolts and washers were needed, if so i need to go pick some up
I mounted it through both the outer paint and inner layer, so I needed the longer bolts. When you take off that carpeted cover you'll see what I mean. The body shop will probably cut out access holes through the inside metal and use the shorter screws...

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mounted it through both the outer paint and inner layer, so I needed the longer bolts. When you take off that carpeted cover you'll see what I mean. The body shop will probably cut out access holes through the inside metal and use the shorter screws...
does it feel more sturdy the way you have it bolted? when i read the offically instructions for the oem spoiler they use brackets to support the spoiler, im just wondering if these small screws will be enough to hold the spoiler in place
Sponsored