RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone tell me those wheels are only for testing. They look like hubcaps!

@Administrator can we get some videos? I'd like to hear how the 1.5T sounds.

Those aren't hubcaps, they're alloys, they've just been painted that dull black for testing, they'll shiny and probably with black painted inserts just like most of hondas other alloy wheels. On other forums we're actually thinking honda is doing away with hubcaps for the civic and will offer alloys across the trim line.

I won't get started on the interior because i've already been back and forth on another forum with someone else. All i will say is that if you don't like it, quit complaining and go find another car to buy, there is zero reason for you to be here complaining and bringing the mood and excitement down just for the sake of being a troll. Don't like it, buy something else, move along.

I will say. This is a base model interior... higher trims will have more fit and finish, the 7 inch touch screen in the current models and possibly the touch based HVAC controls, so you can't really judge the whole lineup off of the base model shots that may or may not even be final production spec. Honda wanted to take the civic back to the car it was. Simple, clean, fun to drive, quick and super handling with a clean simple ergonomic layout interior. This does just that, while also sticking with the current honda family look interiors. (i.e. fit/HRV/ Pilot)
Sponsored

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
I wish the alloy wheels designs would be a little more open like on the Type-R and not as hubcap-ish as we see on these prototypes. But I guess the Type R has the nice brakes to show off.

BTW anyone notice the passenger smiling and thumbs up in the first pic? These guys are obviously used to seeing the spy photographers :)

Those aren't hubcaps, they're alloys, they've just been painted that dull black for testing, they'll shiny and probably with black painted inserts just like most of hondas other alloy wheels. On other forums we're actually thinking honda is doing away with hubcaps for the civic and will offer alloys across the trim line.
[/QUOTE

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen about 4 different alloy designs on the various testers. My guess is that the coupe and sedan will both have their own wheel designs? Or like we've speculated LX will also have alloys... Some of the coupe alloys are a bit more open looking than these are on the sedan.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like Honda may be debuting the Civic sedan today. Check out Hondapro Jason's Facebook page or UStream channel.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
They are saying that it is an Accord.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. It is the Accord. Just saw the live unveiling on Periscope. I'm hoping the Civic sedan will be unveiled next month and goes on sale on September 25th followed by the coupe in December.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was the new accord. Will go on sale next month sometime. Facelifted. New LED headlights and taillights. AA and Carplay on EX and above.

BCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Bonneville 1990 Cutlass Supreme 2000 Civic 2001 Solara
We've had another close-up encounter with the 2017 Honda Civic, catching a prototype in the throes of some hot-weather testing in the Southwestern U.S.

The latest prototype gives us our best, closest look yet at its front-grille treatment, which has two air-inlet slits cut in just above the main grille bar. The Civic's sleek profile is once again, clearly visible, as are the bulk of its tail-lights, set wide at the corners.

Also more photos of the next Civic's center stack and instrument pod, caught at a different location in Ohio.

CivicSedan.dv01.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv04.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv03.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv02.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv05.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv06.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv07.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv09.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv08.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv11.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv10c.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv10.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv11c.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv14.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv15.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv12.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv13.KGP.ed.jpg
HondaCivic.int02.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv16.KGP.ed.jpg
HondaCivic.int04.KGP.ed.jpg
CivicSedan.dv17.KGP.ed.jpg
HondaCivic.int03.KGP.ed.jpg
HondaCivic.int05.KGP.ed.jpg
With all the prototypes I've seen, I think think has to be the SE model. They've shown us an LX with steel wheels and a couple EX variants with larger more stylized wheels. The coupe of course getting its own set of wheels for its various trims. Although I think this gen may receive standard rims on the LX coupe. To really show us that honda wants to make these cars unique the future hatchback better have its own wheel sets as well as a slightly different packaging and trim lineup. Maybe a DX, HX, or VX at the base instead of an LX

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt honda will deviate from its current LX, EX etc trim scheme. I do however believe the coupe and sedan civics will receive an accord-esque lineup with the sedan starting at LX, then having a Sport or SE model, then EX, EXL, and even possibly i higher trim Touring model.

Meanwhile the coupe would start off with an LXS (because alloys) EX, EXL.

I can only assume the hatch will have a similar setup, most likely mirroring the sedan trims. Honda did away with the DX trimline for all it's cars because stripped down models just don't sell in volume like the LX trim does and having an extra build assembly did nothing but raise overall production costs for the whole lineup.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice pics. Gives a good sense of size. Pretty much goes in line with what i've mentioned that it's going to grow more in width than anything else.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Are these all confirmed to be sedans? In the second pic, the car on the left looks to have a more aggressive front fascia than I remember seeing on other mules.

Also, I love that they put covers on them while going to eat at Burger King. It makes sense that they would need to cover them, just never occurred to me that they would stop for fast food while testing. Kind of funny.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these all confirmed to be sedans? In the second pic, the car on the left looks to have a more aggressive front fascia than I remember seeing on other mules.

Also, I love that they put covers on them while going to eat at Burger King. It makes sense that they would need to cover them, just never occurred to me that they would stop for fast food while testing. Kind of funny.
I think the reason it looks more aggressive is because they have the wrap more tightly done up. If you look closely at other spy pictures those are the same lines you see, they're just more visible in this pic because the wrap is on tighter and also the overhead lighting.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking the lighting had a lot to do with it as well. Also, it doesn't appear to be equipped with fog lights, which leaves the wrap a little "cleaner" down there.

Either way, I like the way that is looking. Come on Honda, take the wraps off already. :)
Sponsored