Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
There is a market for Si versions of all Hondas. What it takes is an automatic version of it. I know that is like a kick in the nuts to a lot of people here. They like to be unique, elite, exclusive, or whatever. When you make any model or trim manual only, you eliminate 95% of the buying public from wanting to drive it. Then of the remaining 5%, you have to ask "Do they want to buy it?", "Can they afford to buy it?" and if the answer to those questions is Yes then finally "Will they buy it?". And then you wind up with like less than 1% of that 5%. I'm not saying they shouldn't offer a manual, they always should(bring on the manual Odyssey!). I'm saying that they should always offer an automatic, and that will make up the majority of sales that will finance the R&D and production for the rest of the people that want the manual, so they can't say "Well we offered that car but nobody bought it so we had to cancel it".
The problem (or blessing) is that Si sales continue to be strong in their current form. And historically, Honda has had no desire to increase yearly production of this trim. Likely due to pressures from CAFE standards.

Like Ford, Honda believes the auto dilutes the driving experience for this particular segment. So as long as the 6MT continues to sell, I don't believe this will change anytime soon (for better or worse).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
These look like they just got released not too long ago. Official but partial interior pics of the European version!
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...-civic-revealed-plus-exclusive-autocar-images
http://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/medi...civic-unveiled-and-all-set-for-export-success

"4497mm long, 1800mm wide and 1421mm tall, with a wheelbase of 2700mm" (177.0" long, 70.9" wide, 55.9" tall, 106.3" wheelbase)

They also say 16kg lighter than the current Euro Civic but no idea which trim. Plus their engine lineup is different.

Edit: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...led-before-paris-motor-show-debut-111273.html says their 1.5T gets 180 hp, 192 lb-ft torque!

Last edited:

notavr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
it kinda looks like it has a panoramic sun roof in those pics

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Omg, those giant grille things at fog headlights are atrocious..Gigantic and ugly..wth..If this is how Honda is going to be doing future cars with all these plastic parts this will be the only Honda I'll ever own..Hmmm..or not make them gigantic!

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice share, Thx!

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white honda-civic-web-a-152

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white honda-civic-web-a-142
I do like the rear bumper with the exhaust..Can we put it on the coupe or do the Si exhaust on the coupe? How much does changing that cost usually?

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the rear bumper with the exhaust..Can we put it on the coupe or do the Si exhaust on the coupe? How much does changing that cost usually?
Also like the side spoilers...wonder if will fit the coupe?

hatchbackguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
From the Autoevolution pictures, it looks like the Sport Touring will have two removable headrests, while the center one is not. Also, it's disappointing to see that the rear seats don't fold down flat.
Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white honda-civic-web-a-142

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Ugggggh, console armrest and door panels still look to be cloth. Was hoping the sport trim might add a touch of leather on those surfaces like in the accord since they are doing a leather steering wheel too. Oh well, still can't wait to see it in person

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Omg, those giant grille things at fog headlights are atrocious..Gigantic and ugly..wth..If this is how Honda is going to be doing future cars with all these plastic parts this will be the only Honda I'll ever own..Hmmm..or not make them gigantic!
One good thing about them - check the car out from like 100' to 500' and they actually make the car look pretty mean. It's like a Wings West body kit without looking like an insect.

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
From the Autoevolution pictures, it looks like the Sport Touring will have two removable headrests, while the center one is not. Also, it's disappointing to see that the rear seats don't fold down flat.
The Autoevolution pics are of the European version I believe. The clear indicators (side markers) are a give away.

Main differences, adjustable headrests on front and rear seats except for middle rear, engine auto start/stop button, adjustable shock comfort button (first seen on 9G Euro Civic tourer wagon). Looks to me that magic seats is gone. Also, I believe this is the car that will be shown at the Paris motor
show.

Deleted member 2567

Those are going to be on the si and type r too so make sure you throw a fit when those come out too

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those are going to be on the si and type r too so make sure you throw a fit when those come out too
I could careless about the type R. or the Si..Omg really..I'm making a comment...Lol...Whateva..I'll be sure and do so..Pffbbbttt..Oh be sure and make the same comment on everyone's post that feels same way..LMFAO

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One good thing about them - check the car out from like 100' to 500' and they actually make the car look pretty mean. It's like a Wings West body kit without looking like an insect.
Na...sorry...All I see is those gigantic things..Lol..Just not digging it...Of course I'm throwing a fit don't you know..:p
Sponsored