JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
This isn't the only Type R that has been stolen. There's another one from 'Sauga that was stolen as well. My best guess is that they all went straight to the train yard into container boxes, loaded on to a cargo train to Ottawa, then shipped out overseas. Someone from the club said Type R's are big money in Jamaica. Just like how the vaccines that were going for Guyana were stolen in Jamaica.

OP
OP

ichigo9dan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
My guess is if he leaves the keys by the door (which 99% of us do), there is a wireless system that sends the code to a remote terminal for another person to get in the car and start it. Usually done on really high end cars and the tech to do it is older so probably cheaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2020/7/15/1_5024936.html
Yea, both keys were upstairs, should of bought a faraday bag. I didn't fork up extra to get a tracking device on the car. If car isn't recovered, for the next car, I will definitely do more to protect it from theft.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Just recently saw another one was stolen on instagram last night...

Mugen_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
fuzzy fk8 also shared in his IG yesterday about a white FK8 being stolen in the GTA, is this the same one or it is a different one? If so, 2 FK8 stolen within 24 hours is freaking disturbing!

Also for those who do not use faraday bag, don’t try to save few bucks, get a quality one and use it properly (e.g. fully inserted into the inner pouch and flap fully closed)

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Wow, back to back CTR's stolen :(

I was in Scarborough at the In Laws yesterday, didn't see a White CTR around the area. Faraday Bag for both Si and CTR keys, cameras, and garaged. If I'm at the In Laws, either will be parked deeper into the driveway with other cars blocking.

Good time to look into steering wheel locks, tracking devices and/or alarm system. A determined thief could still get past all, but it helps to deter them.

Hope yours is recovered in good shape!

OP
OP

ichigo9dan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
fuzzy fk8 also shared in his IG yesterday about a white FK8 being stolen in the GTA, is this the same one or it is a different one? If so, 2 FK8 stolen within 24 hours is freaking disturbing!

Also for those who do not use faraday bag, don’t try to save few bucks, get a quality one and use it properly (e.g. fully inserted into the inner pouch and flap fully closed)
Unfortunately, it was two separate incidents. I'd advise all Honda/Acura owners to start taking more precautions against thefts similar to these.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea, both keys were upstairs, should of bought a faraday bag. I didn't fork up extra to get a tracking device on the car. If car isn't recovered, for the next car, I will definitely do more to protect it from theft.
Does your insurance cover it?

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I'm using Mission Darkness Faraday bags for my car keys and they have been working well. I surf, so I'll pull the metal key part out and attach it to my wetsuit, while the fob goes into the Faraday bag hidden inside the car. I also use another bag at home when the car is parked.

I just activated a spare Tile that I normally use for keys and stuck it in my CTR for GPS tracking, even though they're not the greatest. Can't hurt, since I already had a spare.

Good luck to the OP.

CTR_MIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, usually a lurker here but just wanted to share that my car was stolen out of our driveway(Scarborough) last night =(. If anyone see a white 2020 type R with the license plate BMER711, please notify the police. Thanks
Where I'm Scarbs?

OP
OP

ichigo9dan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does your insurance cover it?
Yea, my insurance got this thing called td replacement cost solution. They will try to find me another brand new CTR but I doubt they can find anything from what I've been reading these forums . If they can't find one they will try to get me a vehicle at a similar price point.

Mugen_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'm using Mission Darkness Faraday bags for my car keys and they have been working well. I surf, so I'll pull the metal key part out and attach it to my wetsuit, while the fob goes into the Faraday bag hidden inside the car. I also use another bag at home when the car is parked.

I just activated a spare Tile that I normally use for keys and stuck it in my CTR for GPS tracking, even though they're not the greatest. Can't hurt, since I already had a spare.

Good luck to the OP.
And those who uses it make sure to close the flap properly, and test if you can open the door or start the car when the fob is inside the pouch

Yea, my insurance got this thing called td replacement cost solution. They will try to find me another brand new CTR but I doubt they can find anything from what I've been reading these forums . If they can't find one they will try to get me a vehicle at a similar price point.
That’s the problem, insurance covers it but they can’t find another FK8 to replace it, as a diehard fan of the Type R, nothing can replace it, it is just not the same in my opinion! The only two equivalents would be the STi or Golf R but it is just not the same. :confused:

CRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
Make sure your insurance is aware these cars with lowish km are selling for MSRP right now...
Sponsored