Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
Considering a Type R. My dealer doesn't have any in stock. My concern is the front seats. A few years ago I test drove a Ford Focus ST with Recaro seats. I'm a large, broad shouldered guy, the seat bolsters stuck me in the shoulder blades. Do we have any big Type R owners? Also, are the Type R seat power adjustable? I love my 2018 EX-L hatch, very comfortable for long road trips so I'm not concerned about legroom or anything else, just the seats.
Also, I've been reading the Naughty Dealer List thread. My salesman, who I've bought two cars from, says MSRP for Type R, not a penny less or a penny more. That's reasonable.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
my bud lifts and car fit him fine and he's tall - just find a used one to sit in but I'd wager you're going to be fine.

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree, think you will be fine. No, they are not power adjustable. If your salesman is telling you MSRP for one and not a penny more, I'd jump all over that. As a matter of fact, if they have an LE, let me know and I'll pick up a second one LOL.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
im 6’2 250 with broad shoulders (have also owned an ST w/Recaro’s) and love these seats in my R

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I drove my buddy’s Focus ST with Recaros for two hours and was pretty uncomfortable. I drove the Type R from Baltimore to San Diego and was never uncomfortable (beyond normal road trip fatigue). These seats are amazing

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
The FK8 seats are manual and ofc a dealer won't have it in stock. No one does LOL. It's available for order

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
i have broad shoulders and big thighs/glutes from deadlifts, squats and presses. dorito shape.
i fit just fine for a 5'11'' 220lb guy.
these seats are perfect.

i also had a similar worry.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I am 5'11" and 215 lbs, and love these seats. I have done several long drives (8-10 hours) with no issues. Seats are not power adjustable but it's easy to get comfortable.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
I’m 6’1” 230lbs and I find the seats comfortable for day to day driving.

long drives are tough. The bolstered seats do a great job keeping you in the seat but if you’re a bigger dude you won’t have much wiggle room so it makes it uncomfortable.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Oh yea, I am 6'5", 250 lbs. My thighs fit fine between the seat bolsters and my ribs fit between the upper bolsters with no problem. As others have said, not a lot of creature comforts in the Type R compared to other Civics. You are primarily paying for go fast, turn fast, and stop fast parts, and not much more.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
6'2" 215 with 70 yo settling and swimmer wide shoulders. I fit fine so does the youngest kid who is 6'5" is a weight lifter and weighs @ 285 with a very low fat content. He owned a 2018 CTR and drove mine when he was back in town because he might buy another. So I'm guessin' you'll fit.

I can't believe any dealer in Naperville would sell for MSRP! It's NAPERVILLE for GOD'S sake!!:oops:(used to live just south of Naperville)?

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
I can't believe any dealer in Naperville would sell for MSRP! It's NAPERVILLE for GOD'S sake!!:oops:(used to live just south of Naperville)?
Valley Honda is an excellent dealer. I got my new 2018 hatch in April 2019, they were practically giving them away. My daughter got a screaming deal on her 2019 sedan as well, salesman said in the meeting earlier that day the order was "move the Civics." Service department is great, they don't take appointments for oil changes. Just show up and in you go. If I decide on a CTR it will only be from them. They've sold 10 so far this year. Only 10 minutes from the house too. Ask for Victor.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Considering a Type R. My dealer doesn't have any in stock. My concern is the front seats. A few years ago I test drove a Ford Focus ST with Recaro seats. I'm a large, broad shouldered guy, the seat bolsters stuck me in the shoulder blades. Do we have any big Type R owners? Also, are the Type R seat power adjustable? I love my 2018 EX-L hatch, very comfortable for long road trips so I'm not concerned about legroom or anything else, just the seats.
Also, I've been reading the Naughty Dealer List thread. My salesman, who I've bought two cars from, says MSRP for Type R, not a penny less or a penny more. That's reasonable.
You need to sit in one.

Paying close attention to the 4 women in the middle, look at how different they all are. You'll never get the answer you seek until you sit in it, which may prove increasingly difficult as time goes on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R seat question 128117d53f75527bdbdce3fed4f2b316

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Definitely find one to sit in.

I had a Focus RS (which I fit in fine) but find these a better fit (although they require a bit more work to get in and out of).