Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
Will Phearable ever come out with a tune for Non-si's w/ hondata??
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's a fair question. But look at my reliability thread. KTuner outsells Hondata by 4 to 1. From a business point of view it wouldn't make a ton of sense. Have you messaged John Vega to ask?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Hey guys! Been running around the past couple days with my Ktuner v2 just running the dual 21 psi tune. Im really interested in buying a tune from phearable or TSP. What Tune would you recommend me going with ? I have a CVT that I am also trying to baby so stage 3 on both units will lightly used. Thanks! I have both sites loaded up and the item already in the cart just cant decide.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys! Been running around the past couple days with my Ktuner v2 just running the dual 21 psi tune. Im really interested in buying a tune from phearable or TSP. What Tune would you recommend me going with ? I have a CVT that I am also trying to baby so stage 3 on both units will lightly used. Thanks! I have both sites loaded up and the item already in the cart just cant decide.
Me too......I'm reading lots and lots of reviews about Phearable. I know it's been out for a while, ultimately it's our decision to switch. There is so much valuable information, thanks to all.
For about 3 years now, I've been stock no paddles EX running Ktuner starter custom tune @24 with Ktuner Quick Adj. settings set to the high end except for boost target ramp rate. That's one notch lower than full aggressive. One thing I see, Ktuner setup seems to have user adjustments and the Phearable doesn't. I've heard it's smooth, lots more top end. Does it run that much faster than Ktuner? Even a custom 24psi tune?
I have 83k and about 50k with custom tune, no issues, CVT is fine sounds great and this setup seems to have plenty low to mid getup, with an occasional WOT that for me anyways screams. Wow and everyone says Phearable has more? Decisions decisions, is it worth the switch?!
...need to see a side to side off the line.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's setup completely differently than the KTuner starter you're running. With all those settings maxed out and early spool on, it definitely feels quick off the line but can be a bit jerky at times. All the power seems like it's in the first 60% of throttle travel and it sort of loses steam at high rpm. I ran that style for a while and mostly enjoyed it. Until I found the ots pro tunes.

The Phearable 1.5 has a much more linear throttle feel and power onset than a KTuner tune. Power down low will feel soft to you. You'll notice you have to press the throttle a bit deeper to get into power. It really shines at mid to high rpm. I like knowing my CVT is taking less stress.

Going from an aggressive KTuner setup to the TSP 1 a couple year ago, I was disappointed at first. But when you get used to the smoothness and the top end power, it amazed. And IMO, the Phearable is even a bit smoother, with a touch more grunt up top.

But, if your main thing is city type quick maneuvers and off the line oomph, you may be happier with the setup you run.

Don't forget to add a new update post in my tuning reliability thread if you get a chance.

Last edited:

gtsoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic hatchback 2020 sports touring
Country flag
See here's the thing. Even though the stock tune peaks at 16.1 psi, you'd rarely actually see it. Only in perfect conditions and in a narrow band at around 5500 rpm. Phearable Map 1's 15 psi is available through a much wider part of the powerband. It feels totally different and you get a smoother, more powerful pull.

Check this out. Here's the stock tune. See how there's a very slow buildup of boost until it finally and only hits the 16.1 psi peak at 5500 rpm?

stock.jpg

For comparison, I made a 15 psi KTuner starter map. Obviously Phearable is somewhat different but this gives you the gist. See how quickly power builds and how wide that 15 psi band is?

15 psi.jpg
Just for reference, I made a quick excel showing the %gains of 15psi KTuner compared to stock at various RPM's (per gtman's data).

This was something I was curious about for awhile. Figured you guys might like it too.

(total tuning noob so not sure if this is a fair comparison.)

Honda Civic 10th gen gtman's Phearable 1.5 non-Si versus TSP 1 non-Si review 1618887665733

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm using new phearable 2.5 tune and am preferring it to the tsp 2 tune I was using. I do take issue with the 3 maps, however. They list the 3 maps as 226, 251, 277 hp however the sport button clearly makes a huge difference. So are there 6 maps? Are these power figures for normal or sport mode, and if so what are the 3 other power levels? I much prefer the sport button adjusting just dampers and steering, not the tune as I can switch between 3 modes for power. I don't need 6 modes, how does sport relate to normal in each map anyway?

Last edited:

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So after a month of contemplating which tune to use I ended up purchase the Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune 2016+ Honda Civic NON-SI 1.5L Turbo!

Cant wait to see the difference between the Ktuner base maps compared to this!

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
So after a month of contemplating which tune to use I ended up purchase the Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune 2016+ Honda Civic NON-SI 1.5L Turbo!

Cant wait to see the difference between the Ktuner base maps compared to this!
You won't be disappointed. Wish the order of the tunes were reversed though, so I could flash and unplug. I have no need for multiple tunes. Sent them a note... but crickets.

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You won't be disappointed. Wish the order of the tunes were reversed though, so I could flash and unplug. I have no need for multiple tunes. Sent them a note... but crickets.
I hear this one all the time! Nobody likes to leave their device in the car and it’s a hassle to change the maps every time you start your car.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Why is leaving it in an issue?
It's an expensive piece of hardware that just really shouldn't need to be there once the flash is completed. Not a huge deal, but a nice-to-have option.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys...

So let's see, I warm the car up the first few miles in Map 1. When the car reaches normal operating temps, I switch to Map 3 while moving on the fly. That takes about 3 seconds. I don't really see that as a hassle, unless your definition of hassle is different than mine. :cool:
Sponsored