Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase a civic sport HB
Country flag
Hey guys and gals. Just wanted some input in a possible purchase to (finally) a new vehicle. There is a 2019 Civic Si on sale near me and as I was looking over the carfax, it only has 9,367 miles. At 4,157 miles the battery was replaced. Should I be concerned? Reason I’m asking the community, is possibly some of you have had the same issue on the car and wanted some feedback as far as if has affected the reliability of the car down the road or was it just a mishap? Any advice/input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Hey guys and gals. Just wanted some input in a possible purchase to (finally) a new vehicle. There is a 2019 Civic Si on sale near me and as I was looking over the carfax, it only has 9,367 miles. At 4,157 miles the battery was replaced. Should I be concerned? Reason I’m asking the community, is possibly some of you have had the same issue on the car and wanted some feedback as far as if has affected the reliability of the car down the road or was it just a mishap? Any advice/input would be appreciated.
Seems odd. Haven’t had any issues with my ‘19 si and I have 11k with an aftermarket stereo/amplifier for the last 4K miles. More than likely prior owner personal preference, I used to be ‘that guy’ that thought stock batteries were junk... and sometimes they are, just a theory though.

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know I read some other post here about their battery failing prematurely, so I definitely wanted to get some advice. Also, 1st oil change was at 6,831 and 2nd at 9,367 - 2,520 miles??? <— this a normal occurrence?

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
5400 miles on mine and no problems. I'd advise having the car checked out by a mechanic you trust

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
5400 miles on mine and no problems. I'd advise having the car checked out by a mechanic you trust
Absolutely, got a PPI guy on standby when I need him lol. Any chime in on the oil change interval of 25xx (possible issue, etc.)

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My stock battery died around 40K miles on my '19 Si. They suck. As far as oil changes, I change every 3k miles out of habit and I have no issues. One issue I just ran into was cold air going out but you can't buy the coolant (whatever its called) at the parts store because its a completely different system so I'll have to take it to the dealership to get it checked out, just hoping it isn't anything mechanical.

Overall, my ownership for the last 10k miles has been pretty positive.

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My stock battery died around 40K miles on my '19 Si. They suck. As far as oil changes, I change every 3k miles out of habit and I have no issues. One issue I just ran into was cold air going out but you can't buy the coolant (whatever its called) at the parts store because its a completely different system so I'll have to take it to the dealership to get it checked out, just hoping it isn't anything mechanical.

Overall, my ownership for the last 10k miles has been pretty positive.
Thanks for the input @svffr

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned my '19 Si since June of '19.
No problems with mine.

Factory batteries are regularly reported to fail sooner than they should. I have 23k miles on mine, and still have the factory battery. If the battery fails in the first 36k miles/36 months, Honda replaces them free of charge.

As for oil changes, I just follow the Maintenance Minder, and change the oil at 20%. That equates to about 6k miles between oil changes.

The earlier models of Civic are known to have had Air Conditioning problems, but I haven't experienced any. I only live 4 hours north of you, so weather conditions are similar. A/C doesn't blow "ice" cold, even on it's first day ... but it certainly gets cold enough for my wife to want a long sleeve or light sweater, when we road trip ...

Good luck with your purchase.

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only live 4 hours north of you, so weather conditions are similar. A/C doesn't blow "ice" cold, even on it's first day ... but it certainly gets cold enough for my wife to want a long sleeve or light sweater, when we road trip ...

Good luck with your purchase.
LMAO. That Florida heat for sure. Thanks for th heads up on how your experience has been on your 2019’s guys

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I know I read some other post here about their battery failing prematurely, so I definitely wanted to get some advice. Also, 1st oil change was at 6,831 and 2nd at 9,367 - 2,520 miles??? <— this a normal occurrence?
Being the car is from 2019, it should have had at least 2 oil changes by now if you follow the recommendation of changing the oil every ~6 months to a year months regardless of mileage.

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Being the car is from 2019, it should have had at least 2 oil changes by now if you follow the recommendation of changing the oil every ~6 months to a year months regardless of mileage.
Understood. Just more curious as to why the second interval was shorter than the first. But no worries... the dick dealership sold the car that I put a down hold on...

OP
OP
Tarou

Tarou

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for all the help and responses guys/gals. Better luck next time I guess. Have a great day!
Sponsored