redder04

First Name
Redder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So after LONG consideration, I decided to upgrade my audio in order to fit an aftermarket HeadUnit to the car.
Here is my list that I will buy by the end of the day. I called a crutchfield sales guy and he picked out these components for me. He was so nice! Plus I get technical support. I know I can get stuff cheaper on amazon but there Costumer Service Makes up for it (so far)
Soundstream Picasso Nano PN5.640D (Amp)
Component Speakers (Both front and rear)
Subwoofer (Wanted to replace the one that came stock... Don't want to give up trunk space)

8-gauge amplifier power wiring kit
2-Channel RCA Patch Cables (x3)
Speaker Wire 14g (x6)
Speaker Wire 16g (x40)
Sponsored

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Are they sure that sub fits in the stock location? I ordered a Polk and found it didn't fit, the hole wasn't wide enough to clear the larger magnet. Looks about as wide as the one you linked.

Using the Crutchfield 'what fits your car' thing, it only shows these, and if you look at the magnets they're considerably smaller-

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISU200/Focal-ISU-200.html?tp=105
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_898GS8ND2/Audiofrog-GS8ND2.html?tp=105

Also, did they tell you how the tweeters need to be hooked up in the front? I see they're a passive crossover, the stock rear deck seems to run the same way off one channel for tweet+mid, but your harness has separate channels in front. I really don't know the answer, it might be as simple as running both in parallel. My components had a separate crossover, never had to think about how they connected.

OP
OP

redder04

First Name
Redder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Are they sure that sub fits in the stock location? I ordered a Polk and found it didn't fit, the hole wasn't wide enough to clear the larger magnet. Looks about as wide as the one you linked.

Using the Crutchfield 'what fits your car' thing, it only shows these, and if you look at the magnets they're considerably smaller-

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISU200/Focal-ISU-200.html?tp=105
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_898GS8ND2/Audiofrog-GS8ND2.html?tp=105

Also, did they tell you how the tweeters need to be hooked up in the front? I see they're a passive crossover, the stock rear deck seems to run the same way off one channel for tweet+mid, but your harness has separate channels in front. I really don't know the answer, it might be as simple as running both in parallel. My components had a separate crossover, never had to think about how they connected.
I just ordered everything kinda excited!

The guy told me that everything should fit. And he said that the tweeter is already hooked up to the woofer and has the needed components to just output high frequency. HE did say that having a dedicated crossover is better but he said that if I would like to upgrade that in the future I could...

What I understood from our conversation the speakers and amp are "plug and play" Only hard thing is running the wires.
He did say I have a return policy if anything doesnt work out, so depending on the subwoofer I might return it for a kicker 8" (I saw on youtube someone who bought that and it worked)

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have that sub in my CTR, you need a spacer in order to fit it on the stock enclosure. The grill on the stock sub in the trunk may also be touching so you might need to modify it. You should also get the plastic adapter rings for your speakers and I would at least get some speaker kits of Dynamat to get a better seal.

OP
OP

redder04

First Name
Redder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think the crutchfield guy said, since I have an aftermarket radio that accepts rca, I wouldn't need that

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I duno why but i miss that aftermarket headunit in your post, good luck on the install, the rear speakers are a pain in the ass to change.....

I think the crutchfield guy said, since I have an aftermarket radio that accepts rca, I wouldn't need that

OP
OP

redder04

First Name
Redder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I duno why but i miss that aftermarket headunit in your post, good luck on the install, the rear speakers are a pain in the ass to change.....
Thanks! , Its a pain in the ass to go through all of these despite having "premium audio" ... what a joke lol. My parts come in tomorrow so I will try to take pictures to show!

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
Maybe you should of gone with a dual 4 ohm sub (wire to 2ohm)or single 2 ohm sub so you can get more bass, cause I think your speakers might over power your subs
Do you have an oscilloscope or multi meter to tune the gains for the amp?

OP
OP

redder04

First Name
Redder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Aw man... tuning the amp, I overlooked that... I do not have a multimeter unfortunately, I was going to follow this though

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag

you can go to a harbor freight or something and buy a multimeter, they cheap
Oscilloscope would be best so you know when you are clipping and if your signal is clean

also you may want to set you cross overs too
Sponsored