@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys. Been a while since I been on here. I mainly want to ask a question to fellow si owners or any 10th Gen owner for that matter. The other day I was buckling up my seat belt when the whole thing came out of place on me. When I looked the bottom bolt that's supposed to bolt into the chassis by the floor had completely came out on me. After looking at the bolt I realized that first few threads had been stripped. I tried to stick it back into the threads and it was completely loose like there was nothing for it to thread into. This is causing me alot of concern because if this system failed off of everyday use I can only imagine it would've failed in the event of an accident. I'm curious if anybody else in the community has experienced something like this before. Please feel free to share
Sponsored

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I've never heard of this happening...ever. I'd imagine it's covered under the warranty though. Luckily, it didn't fail in an unfortunate situation and you are safe.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've never heard of this happening...ever. I'd imagine it's covered under the warranty though. Luckily, it didn't fail in an unfortunate situation and you are safe.
Yea anything SRS related if lifetime warranty. I work at Honda so I'm trying to see how I get it done. But it's concerning still. Like if it failed this time what about the next. I'm thinking about getting the bolt welded in place after it's fixed

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you purchase this car new?

I assume you have never touched that bolt before?

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I
Did you purchase this car new?

I assume you have never touched that bolt before?
Yessir, I purchased the car brand new 0 miles and have never touched the seat belt except for putting it on while I drive

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol I've had my fair share of racing but I can't comprehend how it could even correlate to something like this happening

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sounds like it was misthreaded at the factory and finally crapped out on you. Definitely a scary thought. Might be time to break out my torque wrench and inspection mirror.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like it was misthreaded at the factory and finally crapped out on you. Definitely a scary thought. Might be time to break out my torque wrench and inspection mirror.
Sooo I work with the #2 master tech for Hondas in the country and I wanted him specifically to look at the car and give me his input. We literally just got done, he did an inspection and pointed put a few things to me. The head of the bolt looked like it had been tampered with as it has a few wrench marks and the way the threads looked seemed like it was vibrating in place due to not being torqued properly. I brought up that the car was in an accident a while back and he said that it could be very well possible that the body shop removed the lower anchor and simply forgot to torque it properly. I'll be sending pictures of the bolt shortly but I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders, he said it was definitely fixable and if the #2 master tech in the country says it's fixable I believe him lol

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
See, that right there is one of those things I don't understand. I can see someone messing up a drain plug. You know? Some young, cocky kid, trying to beat the flat rate system or working as a lube tech straight outa high school at one of those shops that routinely hires and fires people like that. And I know some body shops that hire "young and dumb" also, but who the heck does not take their time with a seat belt? I get nervous thinking about the rage from a customer who gets sold the wrong head light bulb, imagine the dude comming in because you failed to make sure his seat belt was in right? no thank you.

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
See, that right there is one of those things I don't understand. I can see someone messing up a drain plug. You know? Some young, cocky kid, trying to beat the flat rate system or working as a lube tech straight outa high school at one of those shops that routinely hires and fires people like that. And I know some body shops that hire "young and dumb" also, but who the heck does not take their time with a seat belt? I get nervous thinking about the rage from a customer who gets sold the wrong head light bulb, imagine the dude comming in because you failed to make sure his seat belt was in right? no thank you.
If that surprises you you'd be terrified by some of the stuff I've seen as an aircraft mech.
Sponsored