What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2018 Si Coupe in Black
Favorite Things:
1. It seems unreal that i can have a fun sporty car and still get 50 mpg on long drives
2. Probably the best handling car for the price, especially with some reinforcement. Backroads and mountains are really fun in this.
3. One of the most reliable turbo and Direct Injection cars ive seen.
4. Best looking si imo. Get compliments all the time.
5. The seats are a dream. Look cool too

Least Favorite Things:
1. Cant play music too loud because the interior starts rattling
2. AC doesnt blow as cold as i would like
3. Headunit is laggy and sometimes
4. The rock chips are hilariously bad
5. Rev hang makes shifting smoothly kinda awkward
Sponsored

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
i really don't have much that i hate from the SI except for weak paint (like most JDM cars). I think that there isn't a solution for aftermarket fueling....but my SI should beat Type Rs with basic bolt-ons. I havent raced one with a fuel system upgrade

fc1_lani23

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 CD5
Country flag
Love:
  • Fun Daily Driver
  • Gas Mileage (my '18 is averaging 39 mpg, better than the 33 mpg of my '14)
Hate:
  • Rattles (Fixed all my rattles in A pillar trim so far so actually much happier)
  • Parking Brake
  • '18 Climate controls (Wife turns temp trying to change volume or trying to turn down fan)
  • Stock Radio (pales in comparison to my wife '19 Ranger's stock system)
Any advice for fixing the pillar rattles? :spaz:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I don’t like how the climate vent on the left of the driver side seems to be inadequate and doesn’t really produce much warm or cold air, but maybe that’s because I always drive with the windows open.

2. I also don’t like how the turn signal and wiper stalks perfectly block the air vents from getting to your hands if you hold the wheel at 9 and 3. It sucks on winter days especially here in Chicago where it can be really cold in the winter.

3. Another thing is the transmission. I know they’re bad but both my friend’s type R and my Si both sometimes have the shifter get caught and not go into first gear. It’ll get caught half way between first and neutral and either pop out or grind and then pop out, if you get it driving in the first place. It‘s almost as embarrassing as stalling, once I sat there for 20 seconds trying to get it into gear. It only happens about once every month, so I’m not too concerned. And then there’s the infamous second gear double clunk. It doesn’t bother me though.

4. The first to second gear rev hang is also horrible. I timed it to be around 7 seconds in order to rev match it. I plan on getting a flashpro to get rid of that and tune the car as well.

5. The coupe styling looks great to me, but the front and the back do not match in my opinion. The back is not as aggressive as the front, and the back and roofline look way too bubbly to match the front. The back sits very high compared to the front as well, the bottom of the taillights is about in line with the top of the headlights. And the paint is super weak and rocks easily chip it.

6. The final thing isn’t an oem thing, but I absolutely hate that there are almost no aftermarket parts for the back of the coupe. I get it, low production numbers and low demand for parts is to blame, but there are very few options for anything aside from going full custom.

Last edited:

Sporin

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
Country flag
I will say that the thin paint is the only thing that's really annoying me 9 months and 7500 miles into ownership.

It's not even the hood chips, that's just gonna happen. It's the door sills, that Honda apparently paints with watercolors. Even the slightest brush of your soft pantleg will cowl the clear coat, and it only took 5000 miles to wear through to the primer in one spot for me even with being careful.

I guess Honda expects you to levitate into the car.

It's annoying enough that it's making me not want to keep the car for very long.

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? 80620497911079814081150122964_1491055617

97GS

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
To me;
Best thing is the handling and fuel economy.
The worst is the E-brake and weight and cheap sounding hood when closing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t like how one knob controls the outer vents and the other controls the inner vents
Can you explain that in more detail? It doesn't work that way on my Civic.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you explain that in more detail? It doesn't work that way on my Civic.
On my car, the driver side ac knob controls the vent to the left of the driver and the vent on the right of the passenger. The two vents in the middle of the car right above the center screen are controlled by the passenger side as knob.
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? B6AB5760-6CA5-4A9D-A95D-74098A4DDF2B

I am 99% sure this is how it works on my car based on what I feel coming out of the vents when the 2 ac knobs are set at different temperatures. I’ll confirm this with another feel test when I can but this has been my experience with my 2018 Si coupe.

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
On my car, the driver side ac knob controls the vent to the left of the driver and the vent on the right of the passenger. The two vents in the middle of the car right above the center screen are controlled by the passenger side as knob.
B6AB5760-6CA5-4A9D-A95D-74098A4DDF2B.jpeg

I am 99% sure this is how it works on my car based on what I feel coming out of the vents when the 2 ac knobs are set at different temperatures. I’ll confirm this with another feel test when I can but this has been my experience with my 2018 Si coupe.
I dont think that's how it works, it's meant to be dual climate where the middle left and left vents can be controlled by the driver's dial and vice versa for the other side. If that isn't the case for you, I think the issue is worth a trip to the dealership.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont think that's how it works, it's meant to be dual climate where the middle left and left vents can be controlled by the driver's dial and vice versa for the other side. If that isn't the case for you, I think the issue is worth a trip to the dealership.
Yeah I thought it isn’t right but I’ll make sure this is how my climate controls work just to confirm it.

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
B6AB5760-6CA5-4A9D-A95D-74098A4DDF2B.jpeg

I guess the good news is you love everything about the car. The bad news is..... derrrppppppp?

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Its hard to pick a favorite because there are so many things I love about the car. I think my favorite thing is the boost. This was the first car I've owned with some actual grunt to it. I mostly drive straight roads, usually with at least light traffic so there is usualy not much opportunity to get up to speed or go through corners, but the occasional moment of boost when the speed limit rises always put a smile on my face.

There isnt really any thing I dont like about the car accept for maybe how it sometimes thinks the key is in the car when it isnt and lets off a serries of beeps for no reason.

Reactions: JMM

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess the good news is you love everything about the car. The bad news is..... derrrppppppp?
Lol yeah not my first choice of car but hey I had to really think to complain about things lol.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
#1 thing I hated about my Si is rev hang, but since that's now gone with a tune then #2 is probably the laggy headunit, lack of volume knob and interior rattles.
Sponsored

Reactions: JMM