cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious what/if anyone has done about the mismatched chrome rear Civic emblem? I've thought about Plasti-Dipping it black, replacing it with the darker black Chrome LE one or just taking it off all together. At any rate, it does not match anything and kind of bugs me. Thought I'd see what others were doing if anything at all.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Delete, or get the black chrome.... I donā€™t have anything against plasti-dip, but itā€™s something Iā€™d prefer not to do to my car.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just curious what/if anyone has done about the mismatched chrome rear Civic emblem? I've thought about Plasti-Dipping it black, replacing it with the darker black Chrome LE one or just taking it off all together. At any rate, it does not match anything and kind of bugs me. Thought I'd see what others were doing if anything at all.
Plasti-Dip'd mine :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome "Civic" Emblem PXL_20201004_170413519

OP
OP

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Black badgeskin for me. Asked if they could do a dark gray to match the "Type" emblem on the other side......but was told no.
Still, happy with the result. Won't wear like plastidip but is also easily removable if you change your mind.

IMG_20201124_141650.jpg
Definitely like that idea. Just looked at their site, did you get the matte or gloss black?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Black badgeskin for me. Asked if they could do a dark gray to match the "Type" emblem on the other side......but was told no.
Still, happy with the result. Won't wear like plastidip but is also easily removable if you change your mind.

IMG_20201124_141650.jpg
this looks really good. How difficult was it to install?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Definitely like that idea. Just looked at their site, did you get the matte or gloss black?
Gloss black. Cheap enough that its worth a try imo. They come off real easy too if you don't like them.

this looks really good. How difficult was it to install?
Super easy. Decals go on best when the weather is warmer.....I did it on a 10 degree day in a cold garage with a heat gun. Took all of 5 minutes, vinyl lined up perfect, and still looks like new.

I had other more complicated vinyl badge covers from these guys for my previous GTI and those still looked good when I got rid of it 4 years later. Given the lack of sharp edges (which can unpeel) or weird curves like my front VW emblem, I expect these on the Civic emblem to never need replacing.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Surprisingly, I hadnā€™t noticed the chrome badge until reading your post. Now I feel compelled to do something about it.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Gloss black. Cheap enough that its worth a try imo. They come off real easy too if you don't like them.

Super easy. Decals go on best when the weather is warmer.....I did it on a 10 degree day in a cold garage with a heat gun. Took all of 5 minutes, vinyl lined up perfect, and still looks like new.

I had other more complicated vinyl badge covers from these guys for my previous GTI and those still looked good when I got rid of it 4 years later. Given the lack of sharp edges (which can unpeel) or weird curves like my front VW emblem, I expect these on the Civic emblem to never need replacing.
Might go with the red, it will compliment my si badge quite nice.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I got the blue metallic with flake plasti-dip from a local Autozone. Liked it so much, did all the chrome.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
About three years ago, I went with the Honda Access emblem. When I compared it with the LE emblem yesterday, it's identical. The LE emblem will be cheaper to get when it is available (right now on nationwide backorder).

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome "Civic" Emblem 2021-04-06_10.10.59

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag

IMG_20201124_141650.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know this was an option. I just made an order.