Anyone bought Honda Care extended warranty for their Type R???

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you are saying that Honda Care is only a power train warranty, that's incorrect. It is bumper-to-bumper (i.e., exclusionary coverage that covers every part and component in the car, unless it is specifically excluded). https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/coverage.php

8 years, 120,000 miles and $0 deductible for $1,050.

If there is a non-OEM warranty that covers things that Honda Care would never touch, an additional cost may be worth it to some. I am a little gun shy because you keep hearing about these third party warranty providers that would try everything in the book to wiggle out of their obligations (more so than the OEM, imagine that). But obviously, I don't have personal experience with all such warranty providers.
So warranty would be avoided if I only have an aftermarket CAI and Intercooler? My car is ECU Stock have never flash it
Im planning on buying a hondacare exte ded warranty

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
So warranty would be avoided if I only have an aftermarket CAI and Intercooler? My car is ECU Stock have never flash it
Im planning on buying a hondacare exte ded warranty
its up to the dealer to decide if/when theres an issue. most dealers arent gonna go to bat with a warranty company when they can see a cars been modified

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm not sure if they tier it by grade like that. Maybe your dealer referred to the different value add plans (maintenance, $0 vs $100 deductible, etc) by those names?

I got the 7 yr/100k mile, $0 deductible since i plan to be averaging that amount of miles every year.
Does your car have aftermarket mods like CAI or Intercooler?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag

Type69

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Has anyone bought a warrenty from college hills Honda? They told me after purchase Honda will mail you the extended warrenty card and info.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
I got Saccucci Honda care for $1145 for my LE. Worth it for the A/C issues alone that some of these cars are facing.

Type69

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
has Honda sent you the warrenty pamphlet?

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I have the extended warranty but afraid to void it. I live in Los Angeles and want to know if any members in California got away with not voiding the warranty with bolt ons like a BOV or Intake?
The warranty is actually quite clear on modified parts not invalidating the warranty.

Honda Care said:
C. EVENTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES:
The following is a listing of events and circumstances that are beyond OUR control and, therefore are not eligible for coverage under this CONTRACT.
[...]
2. Covered parts damaged as the result of the failure of a non-covered part are not eligible for coverage.
[...]
9. Any other aftermarket part or accessory that caused or contributed to a MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN or any structural modification that may have contributed to or caused damage to covered components.
Modifying you car does NOT invalidate the ENTIRE warranty.

Modified parts are obviously not covered, and if a modified part contributed to a covered part failing that's also not covered. So if you throw a huge turbo on it, and blow a rod, you're out of a warranty claim.

That said, some dealers will sometimes try to come up with some creative ways in which a mod may have contributed to the failure of a covered part. The safest bet is to not mess with the engine as that's where many systems are all interconnected, and you can get into trouble pretty easy.

That said, don't go thinking you have to forgo a catback or shifter upgrade to preserve your warranty, just know that if you have a 2nd gear crunch the dealer may try to blame the shifter so be careful with what you mod, and know that it may invalidate parts of the car you didn't think it would.

Last edited:

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
I have yet to receive the pamphlet but I am hopeful it will come soon!

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2021
Country flag
Hey Folks! My first post.
I am getting my FK8 SPG this Saturday from Tennessee. My dealer (Finance guy) offered me the Allstate® Vehicle Service Contract for $1900. After some negotiation he offered ~$1360.

I'm actually interested in getting the Honda Care 8yr warranty from Saccucci/College Hill/other such dealers.

I read some ppl saying these warranties won't be valid in CA? Unsure why is that. I live in Washington on the west coast - would that be a problem?
And do these warranties covers windshields and other such items? I will prob call and ask Sean too, just to be sure.

Has anyone used these warranties for repairs? Is that tricky to find an authorized repair shop (other than Honda dealer if I need help on my trip in the middle of a nowhere)? What's the experience like? Any comments would be helpful! Thanks all!
Sponsored