Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white

rjvanro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra 483 K and goin strong!
IMO, it looks just like the coupe but with 4 doors.

Why Honda didn't make the coupe a liftback/hatchback defies all logic. :dunno: It easily could have been done without changing the shape (just like the old Integra/RSX). It would have been so much more practical.
I agree. It would have been easy to do. Adding some extra window would not be a big deal ... all the other components are being adding to the current hatch anyway. I still have my 91 integra :) but she's rusting away and I'm hoping the new hatch might work for now ... even though the head unit is a weak effort.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing to remember is a Civic is still one of the "lower" Honda models price-wise. The Touring sedan lists for around $27,000 and the Sport Touring hatch might be more like $28,000+. Not cheap. A hatch Si would be close in price if not a little higher. Who knows how expensive the CTR will be... probably north of $35k.

What I'm saying is the hatch Si would be a very small niche market like the CTR and Honda is being conservative waiting to see how the Si coupe sells as well as how the hatch sells before committing to an Si hatch. Makes sense to me. I'm happily surprised they're even bringing the CTR over. They must be pretty confident it can compete with the Golf R and Focus RS.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget the Veloster. Well, on the passenger side anyway. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white 01-2013-hyundai-veloster-review-1347979224

rjvanro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those black rear vents look hideous on white. When I get my hatch (prob. Aegean blue) there's a good chance I'll plasti-dip the vents body color and try to hide them. Hopefully aftermarket will build some replacement panels or Honda will change them up mid cycle. So much potential in the car and they Mickey mouse the bumpers and stereo. Oh well .... I'll add a line converter for the stereo when I can & I know I'll love the 6 spd and the integra like driving position which is always perfect for me. :)

rjvanro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still don't like the big bumper grill things, but the white with black wheels is pretty sharp on it.
lol, you'd love living in Calgary during winter. plenty of white cars with black steelies and winter tires. ;-)

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
lol, you'd love living in Calgary during winter. plenty of white cars with black steelies and winter tires. ;-)
I guess I'm odd like that, because I'm a person who actually does like the look of black steel wheels. Always have, can't explain it.

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
I contacted my local Honda and said there is no way to "order the color and trim" they just get them in. Is there a dealership in Texas to order the color and trim and just wait for it to arrive? thanks Folks..

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I contacted my local Honda and said there is no way to "order the color and trim" they just get them in. Is there a dealership in Texas to order the color and trim and just wait for it to arrive? thanks Folks..
Send a pm to "skittles", I thought I remember her talking about the dealer finding the exact car she wanted. I think anyway.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have never been a hatch guy. I recognize their practicality, but the look never cut it to me.

This is an extremely good looking car. The gaps in the white paint are pretty obvious, and I think auto makers are going overboard with the cheap black plastic "accent" cut outs, but beyond that, I'd actually consider this if I hadn't already bought a Touring sedan.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.
Heck they could all go 4 and eliminate the v6 honestly. I haven't driven the new Volvo XC90 but (for those that don't know) it has a 2.0L turbo and supercharged with Direct Injection and puts out 316hp - 26 more than my DI 3.7L V6 in the MDX.
I think we'll see more hybridization, similar to what we see in the NSX. I think the NSX (even the XC90 T8) is just the beginning.
my mom just bought a new Volvo XC90

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
Don't forget the Veloster. Well, on the passenger side anyway. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white 01-2013-hyundai-veloster-review-1347979224
I came very close to buying this car in the tangerine color, but I just couldn't force myself to get it because of the DCT. Anyone who has had a newer Ford car can relate to what I'm talking about.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FWIW, my dealer thinks they will see the first hatches in mid to late November.