BUYERS REMORSE?! RAGRETS?!

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
The only thing I don't like about this generation's platform is the engine modifications. I'm still waiting for an aftermarket dry sump pump for the L15B7.
Sponsored

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I feel you. I have had mine for a little over a year and if I didn't do the mods I did, I can't imagine still driving around in it. I would have gotten very bored very quick. I have thought about trading up to a Type R but have a hard time justifying the cost
What mods, and in what order?

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
What mods, and in what order?
1. Window tint
2. Boosted whips official taillights
3. PRL short ram intake
4. Hondata flash tune
5. Eibach springs
6. Greddy supreme sp exhaust

and some small misc aesthetic mods.

I want to do more but I'm trying to save up some money at the moment

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
#1 Better tires unless you got the HFP package with Michelins. The stock Goodyears suck the life out of this car. #1.5 if we can call it would be lighter wheels if you can budget for them - 28lb factory wheels are anchor weights that numb the sensation of driving this car. Lose 9-10lbs per corner, wrapped in grippy tires and you'll be in love

#2 Add character to this L15B by adding a Catback exhaust. Try to save up for a dedicated Catback, but if funds are low then a muffler delete will suffice. Caution: muffler delete with an aftermarket Catted or Catless DP is ear-piercing

#3 SKIP for CVT owners. Manual owners, modifying your shifter with Acuity goodies, or opting for the fully adjustable shifter adds a whole new level of engagement with your driving experience.

#4 Visuals and Touch-points. A little self-plug here, but our Side Marker Lights and Steering Wheels are very well-known and loved in the 10th Gen community because of their OEM+ look and feel. Both are currently sold out and there's a long wait line, but you can check them out here and sign up to be notified when in stock. Link for Side Marker Lights, link for Steering Wheel

#5 depends on if you're going towards power mods, or handling mods. K-tuner or Hondata for power, or a rear sway bar upgrade if you want to improved turn-in response.

We've been chipping away at this platform for over 3 years, having tried all sorts of set ups and parts, plus also supplying them to thousands gives us a great idea of what works best :)

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
#1 Better tires unless you got the HFP package with Michelins. The stock Goodyears suck the life out of this car. #1.5 if we can call it would be lighter wheels if you can budget for them - 28lb factory wheels are anchor weights that numb the sensation of driving this car. Lose 9-10lbs per corner, wrapped in grippy tires and you'll be in love

#2 Add character to this L15B by adding a Catback exhaust. Try to save up for a dedicated Catback, but if funds are low then a muffler delete will suffice. Caution: muffler delete with an aftermarket Catted or Catless DP is ear-piercing

#3 SKIP for CVT owners. Manual owners, modifying your shifter with Acuity goodies, or opting for the fully adjustable shifter adds a whole new level of engagement with your driving experience.

#4 Visuals and Touch-points. A little self-plug here, but our Side Marker Lights and Steering Wheels are very well-known and loved in the 10th Gen community because of their OEM+ look and feel. Both are currently sold out and there's a long wait line, but you can check them out here and sign up to be notified when in stock. Link for Side Marker Lights, link for Steering Wheel

#5 depends on if you're going towards power mods, or handling mods. K-tuner or Hondata for power, or a rear sway bar upgrade if you want to improved turn-in response.

We've been chipping away at this platform for over 3 years, having tried all sorts of set ups and parts, plus also supplying them to thousands gives us a great idea of what works best :)
What's SKIP?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
I don’t like how fragile the lower body panels seem on my sport.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I never came from a "performance" car before I got my Si. It was so fun out of the box. I came from a Scion iA at the time and did not know how to drive a manual really. Leased my Si for about 2 1/2 years. The car was so fun for a while, but the car just needed too much and I didn't want to keep working on it when deep down, I really just wanted a Type-R.

I put D2 Springs on it, an injen intake (car never felt right in lower gears after that). Acutiy shifter bushings, POCO shift knob and some ceramic window tint. At the rate I was going, I was going to end up getting an exhaust, throw a tune on it...but why would I do all these things if I knew I wasn't going to be happy with the car in the long run? I knew at the rate I was going, the car was going to end up needing a new clutch & I didn't want to do that.

I'm a little over a month of ownership into my 2021 CW Type-R and there's nothing that I want to do to this car besides put an exhaust on it. Car just needs some more noise. Maybe some new wheels so I don't have to worry about potholes as much lol. AWE Track Exhaust is going on this week.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don’t like how fragile the lower body panels seem on my sport.
fragile = light weight
41 mpg hwy, I'll take fragile. just gotta be careful....... like you should always be when operating a motor vehicle

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TLDR. If you haven't already, KTuner should fix most of your gripes. Enjoy!

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Appreciate the first hand view, after reading all these comments believe it or not im still torn on my next step
1st Honda, and last Honda I'll own
Previous cars were VW MKV Jetta, Audi A4, Hyundai Sonata-Veloster- Elantra Touring (yes, the swag wagon)
I'll likely get a Nissan Z or Infinity next.
Toyota is always a good option, just too pricey
Might look into Subaru if I start seeing more R&D from them

Nothing bad about the Civic, it looks sporty, but it's an eco car........ and i like to drive
It's been reliable, no major issues (except the rat wires, AC condensers, light weight and fragile steering and suspension components)

but i've done SO MUCH WORK on it my self. easy, straight forward, and tons of them in salvage yards so I get OE parts for the low

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
1st Honda, and last Honda I'll own
Previous cars were VW MKV Jetta, Audi A4, Hyundai Sonata-Veloster- Elantra Touring (yes, the swag wagon)
I'll likely get a Nissan Z or Infinity next.
Toyota is always a good option, just too pricey
Might look into Subaru if I start seeing more R&D from them

Nothing bad about the Civic, it looks sporty, but it's an eco car........ and i like to drive
It's been reliable, no major issues (except the rat wires, AC condensers, light weight and fragile steering and suspension components)

but i've done SO MUCH WORK on it my self. easy, straight forward, and tons of them in salvage yards so I get OE parts for the low
Eh, it helps to buy a sporty model, but I can see where you're coming from.

If you're going to look into Subaru, I'd avoid the WRX like the plague right now and get into a BRZ (prefer 86 but same car duhh) if your lifestyle could handle it.

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
fragile = light weight
41 mpg hwy, I'll take fragile. just gotta be careful....... like you should always be when operating a motor vehicle
Fragile as in my young children can break it when getting in and out of the car or moving their bikes in the garage.
Sponsored