Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, Advanced VSA is a new KTuner feature. It lets you control some settings for ignition and throttle pullback which helps keep the power to the ground. I was wondering if KTuner had any plans of adding it to the 2.0 tune.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Actually, Advanced VSA is a new KTuner feature. It lets you control some settings for ignition and throttle pullback which helps keep the power to the ground. I was wondering if KTuner had any plans of adding it to the 2.0 tune.
Oh I see. But wouldn’t the car have to have a vehicle stability system for the tune to work? Not all civics have a VSA. I know mine doesn’t. I’m pretty sure the Si and the type R do

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
All Civics have factory VSA. :) I think maybe you're confusing it with limited slip differential.

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All Civics have factory VSA. :) I think maybe you're confusing it with limited slip differential.
Well after doing some research you are correct all civics have vsa. I learned something new. I know I saw a video on how to turn it off on the Si because it was causing performance issues. I have not experienced any issue on my cars. I guess when I turn the traction control off it must turn that system off to?

Last edited:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess when I turn the traction control off it must turn that system off to?
Yes, but they are not two different things. It's actually just VSA, which is what people commonly refer to as traction control.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, but they are not two different things. It's actually just VSA, which is what people commonly refer to as traction control.
Oh ok. I got it now. Thanks

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So is there any program to fully disable the vsa by pushing the button? And ktuner has advanced vsa?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is there any program to fully disable the vsa by pushing the button? And ktuner has advanced vsa?
From what I am reading in the owners manual, when you turn it off, it only partially disables it. I'm not exactly sure what is partially disabled though.
Also, even though it's on, it's only actually active when it flashes on the gauge cluster. I've only had mine flash a couple times. When I was pushing it hard at the Wake the Dragon event, it flashed a few times. And if I launch while making a turn, it will flash. I know the guys in the Si's had the light flashing a lot more than I did. That extra power through the turns, was giving the VSA hell!
I'm not sure about the KTuner/VSA for the 2.0 though.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 2.0l non turbo extra hp IMG_1467.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 2.0l non turbo extra hp IMG_1468.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 2.0l non turbo extra hp IMG_1470

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what I am reading in the owners manual, when you turn it off, it only partially disables it. I'm not exactly sure what is partially disabled though.
Also, even though it's on, it's only actually active when it flashes on the gauge cluster. I've only had mine flash a couple times. When I was pushing it hard at the Wake the Dragon event, it flashed a few times. And if I launch while making a turn, it will flash. I know the guys in the Si's had the light flashing a lot more than I did. That extra power through the turns, was giving the VSA hell!
I'm not sure about the KTuner/VSA for the 2.0 though.
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1470.jpg
Yeah I watched a video on how to fully disable it. The only problem is the light will continue to flash while it’s disabled. But also when I turn mine off it allows me to spin my tires without it ever flashing. Maybe it really kicks in around turns and not so much in a straight line?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
2.0 NA with Ktuner, catless downpipe, nVidia catback exhaust, AEM intake with custom tune hits 171 HP to the wheels. That's about as good as you're going to get without changing some internals, or tweaking the throttle body, intake manifold, etc, which is sketchy since this engine is designed quite a bit differently than previous gen K20's.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2.0 NA with Ktuner, catless downpipe, nVidia catback exhaust, AEM intake with custom tune hits 171 HP to the wheels. That's about as good as you're going to get without changing some internals, or tweaking the throttle body, intake manifold, etc, which is sketchy since this engine is designed quite a bit differently than previous gen K20's.
Is the catback exhaust really necessary? I thought the downpipe was the only restriction in the exhaust system.

swinks

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 2019 Civic 2.0L CVT
Country flag
As far as intake, it is completely stock. I actually only buy the oem Honda filters to. Exhaust I have a dbx Flowmaster in place of the resonator and the stock muffler deleted. And I have the base tune from ktuner.
How loud is the muffler delete? I have a 2.0 and want a little more sound but don't want to piss off my parents.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
You probably should've gotten an Si if you wanted power, plus a cvt is garbage for any performance application. This isn't me trying to be a dick, its just how it is. The NA 2.0 that the lower trims have is designed for those who don't care about the power, and for those who are scared of the turbo that the 1.5 has. The sport trim is literally just for looks for those who don't care about power but want a nice looking car.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Michelin A/S 3+, Ktuner Baseman, and AFE Power intake means from a stop light to 80 I'm in front of a stock Si, but once I'm in 4th its over for me. Rolls in first mean I have them until end of 2nd gear, and rolls from 2nd gear neck-and-neck until end of 2nd. Rolls in any higher gear and there's almost no contest. Awaiting my downpipe and as soon as that's in I'll get a custom tune. I'll update as I go.
Unless you REALLY like real VTEC and an N/A power band, AND are willing to spend 10k+ on a custom fab supercharger and forged internals like I am:
just get an Si and save yourself some money. Had a friend and he got Ktuner w/ TSP stage 2 and a PRL Race intake and it was over. From a dig to 80 it was at least a bus and a half LOL

If you're like me:
God help us keep our engines reliable and our costs down ??

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I think ktuner has a map for 2.0NA Civic.

http://ktuner.com/16civic/

Yea don't know why Honda call it a "sport" trim and give it a sucky engine.
“sport” is basically a way to sell more base models, but with an appearance package.

sporty also means, “just the driving essentials with none of the luxuries”, not necessarily “fast”
Sponsored