Status
Not open for further replies.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I was able to source a spare fuel line, and have my XDI pump on hand. Waiting for an appointment with Rampage Fab in WA for them to install it for me. Is there any consensus on what the ideal drill bit to use for drilling out the fuel line? I been seeing chatter about fuel pressure dropping up top with the XDI pump and that drilling out the fuel line can take care of that.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was able to source a spare fuel line, and have my XDI pump on hand. Waiting for an appointment with Rampage Fab in WA for them to install it for me. Is there any consensus on what the ideal drill bit to use for drilling out the fuel line? I been seeing chatter about fuel pressure dropping up top with the XDI pump and that drilling out the fuel line can take care of that.
I would start with installing and tuning the pump. If you find that you’re running out of pump, then and only then, modify the line. You shouldn’t need to modify the line at all. Where are you seeing people are maxing out the pump?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would start with installing and tuning the pump. If you find that you’re running out of pump, then and only then, modify the line. You shouldn’t need to modify the line at all. Where are you seeing people are maxing out the pump?
Not maxing out the pump, but seeing a pressure drop at high RPMS. John Pierro on FB posted that this is something XDI is looking at to solve themselves and that drilling out the line can eliminate this from happening. I just really don't want to go back in there and install a fuel line later, rather do it all at once as it's only going to give me more head room for future mods.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not maxing out the pump, but seeing a pressure drop at high RPMS. John Pierro on FB posted that this is something XDI is looking at to solve themselves and that drilling out the line can eliminate this from happening. I just really don't want to go back in there and install a fuel line later, rather do it all at once as it's only going to give me more head room for future mods.
Do what you’re gunna do do. But I’m running e60 with no issues. Careful with trusting what that guy says.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
That was due to catted DP, a least thats what I read.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do what you’re gunna do do. But I’m running e60 with no issues. Careful with trusting what that guy says.
Why? He seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy that gets respect from other popular tuners for the FK8. Even the Hondata fuel system uses a line with a bigger hole. Going to email XDI to ask, since like I said I have the fuel line already and want the room for a turbo upgrade and flex fuel in the future. I did go back to check the thread and it looks like the consensus is a 5/64 bit and what the Accord guys are doing as well. This will be a mod more for future use than to have any benefit right now, I am sure the pump will be more than enough for FBO flex right now.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Why? He seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy that gets respect from other popular tuners for the FK8. Even the Hondata fuel system uses a line with a bigger hole. Going to email XDI to ask, since like I said I have the fuel line already and want the room for a turbo upgrade and flex fuel in the future. I did go back to check the thread and it looks like the consensus is a 5/64 bit and what the Accord guys are doing as well. This will be a mod more for future use than to have any benefit right now, I am sure the pump will be more than enough for FBO flex right now.
They are doing it not because they are not getting enough fuel, but because the oimp is new and they trying to squeeze as mich power as they can. Of you dont have a turbo uograde you wont see much of a difference.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Pressure drop with a pump that's not maxing out is a pid control issue, a software issue. The hondata checked box mod for xdi applies a single preset adjustment and changing the hole size will need to make adjustments to the control loop settings but we can't.

The bigger question is whether the xdi settings hondata uses are with or without a drilled hole. Changing the orifice is just going to cause issues since it seems the pid cant keep up

Last edited:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pressure drop with a pump that's not maxing out is a pid control issue, a software issue. The hondata checked box mod for xdi applies a single preset adjustment and changing the hole size will need to make adjustments to the control loop settings but we can't.

The bigger question is whether the xdi settings hondata uses are with or without a drilled hole. Changing the orifice is just going to cause issues since it seems the pid cant keep up
Interesting, I went back to read through that post last night and gathered that it was a software problem. I know I can just throw the pump on for now at least while only FBO and I shouldn't have any issue, I just figured I'd throw the line in now so I can go bigger turbo later this year.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update from XDI, they said they've tested opening up the line to 5/64th with no issues and had others do the same. So looks like I will be going that route. They mentioned they have a line in development but don't have a time table for it yet. That seemed to be the consensus from the guys on the facebook post too so we'll see how that works.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Update from XDI, they said they've tested opening up the line to 5/64th with no issues and had others do the same. So looks like I will be going that route. They mentioned they have a line in development but don't have a time table for it yet. That seemed to be the consensus from the guys on the facebook post too so we'll see how that works.
thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.