Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T EX Hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Starting a build blog/journal for my FK7. Feedback, suggestions and opinions all welcomed.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 05CD3E7C-B2CF-4230-BF2E-8A8184B6BD17

Here’s a short back story to start off I been a FK7 owner since September 2020. At 2 mi on the dash I picked up the love of my life from Hillside Honda Queens NY.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch F4BA9CAD-A6A9-45B1-A340-B648A2562BBF

As my 2nd Civic owned I had a little prior knowledge of Honda and always been a huge fan boy. Going from an ‘05 to ‘20 this Car impressed me straight off the lot. the CVT transmission made driving in NYC’s terrible terrain smooth (still gotta dodge them potholes). I made a decision to keep my car fully stock until 2021 even down to the dealer plate covers and the stupid sticker they decided to smack on my car’s ass

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 8D2041A8-9B94-48F6-B384-7A7B47B472F7

I did this so I can thoroughly do my research on the CVT transmission. After learning the basics and reading countless stories I had an idea of the limits and what mods I wanted to do. After, I began doing my research on each individual mod to make sure I knew what I was doing and not just slapping it on cus gtman said it’s good :p

During this time of learning I took several road trip. One to note was my cross country road trip. As a New Yorker it’s always been a dream of mine to road trip the nation. So the day after Xmas 2020 I did just that! Me and Suki (what I named my car) and 2 other friends hit the road. We fit comfortably inside the car with our luggage being accommodated by the spacious hatch. The car was outstanding! Even though I felt like I had the only civic mid west, she was keeping up with all the pick up trucks and AWD cars. Under medium rough road conditions (blizzard in PA, Ice roads in CO, uphill/downhill for most northern states) the car took it like a champ. It kept me feeling completely confident when hitting these harsh driving conditions. One last thing to note during my road trip is the adaptive cruise control (ACC) and all of Honda’s sensing technology. I’ve never experienced car tech like this so I was amazed easily. Driving straight for 12+ hours a day on the interstate was a breeze, the car with all its features activated kept the stress of long driving to a minimum. The ACC + Honda sensing had my car basically driving itself. It kept me centered in my lane (Good for someone who’s been staring at a straight road for 10+ hrs), slowed down if I got too close to a car and sped right back up when I was clear (who needs a Tesla!). I was truly impressed with Honda this was the perfect car for road trips.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch C60E0FD1-B285-4B7B-A966-1C03A8F4C2E9

Now that I’m back I decided to start working on my car. Here is a list of my current mods:

1. Ktuner - currently running 21 Dual Starter map
2. DC Sport Strut Bar
3. Mugen push to start button
4. Supreme Key chain (hanging on passenger side)
5. Yellow tinted fog lights (laminx)
6. Honda license plate covers

I will eventually post to this same thread an In depth review for my tunes and mods

Last edited:

ApolloRanger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey another Queens CVT civic! I'm in Astoria running the +3 Hondata tune and will probably add more mods soon. These little cars are champs in the city and a boss on back roads!

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey another Queens CVT civic! I'm in Astoria running the +3 Hondata tune and will probably add more mods soon. These little cars are champs in the city and a boss on back roads!
Nice bro keep in touch drive safe in these roads

ApolloRanger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Nice bro keep in touch drive safe in these roads
Will do man! Might be looking for folks to take some spirited drives up in the Hudson Valley sometime in the future.

City roads are extra garbage right now. Don't even get me started on Queensboro Bridge oof!

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
First product review!

So my engine side panels came in yesterday and I gotta say they make a huge difference! I don’t know why these cars don’t come from the factory with these aesthetically pleasing pieces of plastic. I personally feel it really centers my engine block in the jumbo mess which Honda calls an engine bay. In Addition the side panels really brings out the look of your engine mods. I’m currently running a strut bar and I gotta say the panels gives it a little more pop when taking photos and I’m sure when I install my PRL SRI it’ll look even more nice. The product color and material both match the center oem plastic and the fitment was perfect. I just gotta change the wiper fluid cap color to maybe black and I think it’ll be complete

When it comes to installation the project was easy and straight forward. I first lined up the panels to see which push washers I had to remove (plastic pry tools pops these out fast and safely). One bolt from each headlight had to be removed for which I used a socket wrench. After removing the washers and headlight nut I then aligned the panels and proceeded to fasten the panels down. The panels came with their own set of push washers which I used but The push washers that came were all different sizes and without an installation guide it was mostly trial and error to find which washer goes in which hole (took like 2 mins) being the fact that the panels are adding some height I don’t think the oem washers will work again (haven’t tried)

TLDR: Must have mod for your civic

what I used:
Plastic pry tool
Socket wrench

where to buy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392099008792

Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 9BDFEDD8-DBBF-47A2-AF09-1BD096FA2338

After:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch CBA8D1CE-2E5D-4BB8-BC4B-000F5CE2810C

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Car exterior detailing products on the way

For all my 10th gen owners out there we all know how terrible the clear coats are on these cars.. and mine is no exception.. I noticed my first scratch the first week I drove my car off the lot! I myself try to be as careful as possible when washing the car and opening doors. No matter how safe I am or how much I preach to those entering my car there always seems to be a new scratch every week! Not to mention swirl mark galore! Smh

with that being said I have ordered a bunch of car detailing products from Amazon to try and clean up these imperfections.

1. Meguiar’s ultimate compound
2. Meguiar’s ultimate Polish
3. Meguiar’s liquid wax
4. Chemical guys clay bar and clay lube
5. Meguiar’s scratch eraser kit

For applicators I went with Meguiar’s wax, Polish and compound pads I think this was really excessive but I’m Trying not to be cheap and really take care of my car for this treatment. The difference between the three are the different types of aggression the pad puts on your surface so I thought it’ll make sense since I am apply 3 different products. I also chose meguiar’s dual action power buffer drill attachment it was only $52 bucks and maybe it’ll help me move faster while maintaining efficiency

here are my steps I plan on taking:

1. Wash car normally day before (foam cannon and bucket wash)
2. Wax wash car early in the morning next day (bucket wash)
3. Clay bar car
4. Using meguiar’s scratch eraser I will walk around the car and try to smooth out scratches
5. Compound car
6. Polish car
7. Wax car

I am not happy nor motivated to be Starting this project since it looks like a whole day’s worth of work. My car does not fit in my garage comfortably so I will be racing against the day light. I know it’s well needed cleaning since I’ve only been wax washing my car since I got her and I guess it’ll be a learning experience therefore I can start doing this on a more annual rate

below are images of what I purchased. Once the project is completed I will most likely post reviews to this same thread for each product

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 80B89836-5468-4AC9-A250-7E560356A89E

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 234E4DD6-D79D-4C2A-978F-55AA74D5DAD9

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Will do man! Might be looking for folks to take some spirited drives up in the Hudson Valley sometime in the future.

City roads are extra garbage right now. Don't even get me started on Queensboro Bridge oof!
Bro there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t mention these roads at the top of my lungs lol

A nice drive away from all of this sounds nice and tempting give me a shout when your planning

Last edited:

H0tpiece0faZz

First Name
Baby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
First product review!

So my engine side panels came in yesterday and I gotta say they make a huge difference! I don’t know why these cars don’t come from the factory with these aesthetically pleasing pieces of plastic. I personally feel it really centers my engine block in the jumbo mess which Honda calls an engine bay. In Addition the side panels really brings out the look of your engine mods. I’m currently running a strut bar and I gotta say the panels gives it a little more pop when taking photos and I’m sure when I install my PRL SRI it’ll look even more nice. The product color and material both match the center oem plastic and the fitment was perfect. I just gotta change the wiper fluid cap color to maybe black and I think it’ll be complete

When it comes to installation the project was easy and straight forward. I first lined up the panels to see which push washers I had to remove (plastic pry tools pops these out fast and safely). One bolt from each headlight had to be removed for which I used a socket wrench. After removing the washers and headlight nut I then aligned the panels and proceeded to fasten the panels down. The panels came with their own set of push washers which I used but The push washers that came were all different sizes and without an installation guide it was mostly trial and error to find which washer goes in which hole (took like 2 mins) being the fact that the panels are adding some height I don’t think the oem washers will work again (haven’t tried)

what I used:
Plastic pry tool
Socket wrench

where to buy:

Before:
9BDFEDD8-DBBF-47A2-AF09-1BD096FA2338.jpeg

After:
CBA8D1CE-2E5D-4BB8-BC4B-000F5CE2810C.jpeg
Wow, great work ?

H0tpiece0faZz

First Name
Baby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
First product review!

what I used:
Plastic pry tool
Socket wrench

where to buy:

Before:
9BDFEDD8-DBBF-47A2-AF09-1BD096FA2338.jpeg

After:
CBA8D1CE-2E5D-4BB8-BC4B-000F5CE2810C.jpeg
This post really inspired and helped me to do mods to my baby ??

OP
OP
SukiHonda

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Detailing update!

Everything ordered in my previous post got cancelled for unknown reasons (screw Amazon) but I was able to find the same products for a steal

I thought I had found the best deal at first but then I found a Meguiar’s Kit sold by Sparkle Auto through Walmart and it was everything I needed for $100 bucks!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch EAE83438-EBEA-46A6-A205-57482F467662

Link to purchase

At first I felt I was taking a sacrifice when it came to applicators since the image only showed one of each but When it arrived I was extremely satisfied

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch F2BBE240-6756-4A06-BD05-3D81CBC5E49B

so I got the core of everything I had in my Amazon order for a steal and more!

I was going to use a cordless drill and just keep rotating batteries on the charger but I felt this would eventually become an issue and I am not able to control the speed. Therefore I hopped on good ol’ google and did some googling. I found a pretty cheap drill on harbor freight for around 18 bucks in stock a few exits away from me and it came with a few neat features like speed control/lock and it was wired.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch F9ECCA42-5F42-43AE-BBED-D46FF04AB9A8

Purchase Link

Unable to resolve my issue with Amazon I had @H0tpiece0faZz (my annoying friend) order the remainder of what I needed from Amazon since I couldn’t find anywhere cheaper

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 079F0A59-CF67-41E6-9B0C-0CCC98005E69

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 006C418D-A8D7-412A-B479-3D292B23AE5F

Now that everything has arrived and along with a few products I already had I am locked and loaded and just waiting on a less windy cloudy day

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatch 10F92467-6753-4C63-8CFC-92618FB7F757

since I am working this in my yard I thought I’d start with the sides of the car and roof and if it does get dark on me on can stick the front end and rear end in my garage to finish off the job.

I’ll be spending the afternoon testing on a old bumper I had from my previous car just to get a feel and probably make a checklist

stay tuned..

Digi

First Name
Dietger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 turbo hatchback 2020
Country flag
Hey man good luck with your detail it is not an easy car for detail but when its finished its looks very good:thumbsup:
Sponsored