Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I wonder if anyone has drilled the line while it remains in place.
:)

Fastrax04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Also just to clarify, the Hondata/XDI/Full Race FK8 hit 596/525 back on the Church Automotive Dynapack in Dec 2020 on race gas with the following mods

XDI EVO35 HPFP
Hondata HP Fuel Line
Hondata LPFP
Hondata LP Fuel Line
Hondata Injectors
Full Race G25-660 Turbo Kit
Built Longblock

As of today, its on its 3rd fuel line, which is an OEM line that was modified by XDI. It definitely flows more than the Hondata line. Car should be going back on the dyno soon with some small tweaks.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Waiting for @kefi to recover. Pick his brain on best fuel system upgrade to use since likely going w him for tuning.
the best move to do going with your tuner!?and the verdict is??

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Also just to clarify, the Hondata/XDI/Full Race FK8 hit 596/525 back on the Church Automotive Dynapack in Dec 2020 on race gas with the following mods

XDI EVO35 HPFP
Hondata HP Fuel Line
Hondata LPFP
Hondata LP Fuel Line
Hondata Injectors
Full Race G25-660 Turbo Kit
Built Longblock

As of today, its on its 3rd fuel line, which is an OEM line that was modified by XDI. It definitely flows more than the Hondata line. Car should be going back on the dyno soon with some small tweaks.
Church Dyno you say? So subtract what? 40-50 hp?

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
car has built engine and turbo, not really the comparison most are going to do

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Unless the built block has a drastically different compression ratio or displacement, it really shouldnt matter imo. The only difference is that the internals are stronger to push it. I guess there wasnt mention of any headwork having been done but if there has been ,it wouldnt be a straight apples to apples comparison.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
compression is only part of the equation. 540 plus on a built everything to me isn't that impressive. I want to see the fuel pump make big numbers on a setup the majority of people will have. Anyone can spend a lot of money and make 500 plus.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our high pressure line was carefully tested and sized to match our high pressure pump. If the high pressure line is not matched to the pump then the high pressure fuel control does not work correctly, for any pump. Keep that in mind when I see posts about people drilling it out to 'flow more'. There needs to be a restriction in the high pressure line for it to work correctly. It needs to be matched to the pump. Too big and you lose pressure control. Too small is probably better than too big.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
compression is only part of the equation. 540 plus on a built everything to me isn't that impressive. I want to see the fuel pump make big numbers on a setup the majority of people will have. Anyone can spend a lot of money and make 500 plus.
It depends on what the equation is trying to evaluate.

If youre looking to test the limits of the turbo without potentially grenading your engine, it makes sense to build the block if you have the means.

Not everyone has the means to buy a new engine if theirs tanks while making big power. Forged internals is insurance against that, you know as well as I do it gives you greater leeway to push the setup.

What are the other parts of the equation that is missing if this is the case?

Forged internals are negligible to the amount of power you make unless your static compression ratio and displacement are different than stock.

If I have two engines and the only difference between them were forged internals and everything else was the same, they should make the same power. Unless im missing something?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.