Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I dont expect people to be able to squeeze out much more power out of the RS450 than what the XDI can supply. Rampage has tested it up to 470whp, which is right around what the XDI is capable of.
Rampage is rs450 is not the only drop in there is rs550, prl p600 etc. or even a full turbo kit that will require more fuel specially on ethanol.
Questions to answer
I am I done modding at 470?
Xdi is ok
Will I want more than 470 and possibly need more fueling upgrades?
then consider hondata FSU instead

if you compare hondata 2850 before any discounts, XDI route 1600+ 1400+ 200= 3200
Just need to make sure what the stopping point is
Sponsored

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
My tunes not done yet but I do have a few logs of my car running the XDI pump on an e50 blend at the track if anyone's interested? Came late to the party because I work nights lol. Tunes not complete because Kefi is actually in the hospital at the moment, hope he gets well soon, I know he's itching to get his car finished. My cars running the XDI pump with an undrilled fuel line, prl catted downpipe, prl intercooler, prl titanium inlet coupled to the prl hvi, reemus front pipe and reemus valved exhaust. Ad well as the prl flex fuel kit.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
^very interested too. Purchased rampage turbo and trying to see if which route to go...xdi or hondata fsu. Looking at 93oct tune n goal of about ~450whp
Xdi is cheaper and will do that on stock injectors no problem.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Rampage is rs450 is not the only drop in there is rs550, prl p600 etc. or even a full turbo kit that will require more fuel specially on ethanol.
Questions to answer
I am I done modding at 470?
Xdi is ok
Will I want more than 470 and possibly need more fueling upgrades?
then consider hondata FSU instead

if you compare hondata 2850 before any discounts, XDI route 1600+ 1400+ 200= 3200
Just need to make sure what the stopping point is
My reference is specifically for someone with the RS450, the 550, p600 is a different story. You and I are coming at it from different perspectives.

The overall cost difference in the grand scheme of things imo is negligible. If someone doesnt have nearly 3k to spend off the bat, but can afford to spend $1600 on just a pump, I feel like that is a reasonable call.

$350 more in the long run to make more power immediately with just a pump is a tradeoff I think many people can make, and certainly not unreasonable in my book.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes, but please for the love of god, don't follow that. There's no need to drill the line. If you're concerned about flow capacity, either get the Honda FSU which comes with an upgraded line, or wait for XDI to release theirs. The pump alone will support most people's goals here.
I wouldnt hold your breath on a xdi line, there is nothing to report except speculation. The hondata/xdi test car still uses a oem drilled line.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldnt hold your breath on a xdi line, there is nothing to report except speculation. The hondata/xdi test car still uses a oem drilled line.
Fair enough. But I ain’t holding my breath because I don’t need one lol. Got plenty of fueling.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
So what are you saying?
The XDI pump is inept without a drilled line?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So what are you saying?
The XDI pump is inept without a drilled line?
It is beneficial to drill a oem line on a oem pump if youre going to be near maxing it out. XDI users reported drops as much as 20% pump duty by drilling it. You dont "need" it, but has been proven to raise your pump ceiling.

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Fair enough. But I ain’t holding my breath because I don’t need one lol. Got plenty of fueling.
No o
wrong the hondata xdi test car uses a hondata fsu fuel line and injectors along eith intank pump.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Drilled line will benefit the stock hpfp and xdi mainly for ethanol blends.
keep in mind that depending on power goals and fuel mixes you might need injectors later down the road as well as in tank pump. But 450 on a upgraded turbo with just xdi should be all you need.
Drilled lines, bigger injectors, and an in tank pump. If only there was a way to get that all in one place... ?

highlander

First Name
stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic Si,2017 civic type r
Country flag
No o

wrong the hondata xdi test car uses a hondata fsu fuel line and injectors along eith intank pump.
This is what I want to know. I have Hondata fuel system and seen that you can add the xdi pump to it. When I open my flashpro there’s no option to add the xdi pump to a Hondata fuels system. It just selects one or the other. Does anyone know how to do it?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is what I want to know. I have Hondata fuel system and seen that you can add the xdi pump to it. When I open my flashpro there’s no option to add the xdi pump to a Hondata fuels system. It just selects one or the other. Does anyone know how to do it?
You enable the XDI calibration. The Hondata FSU calibration only applies to the Hondata fuel pump.

You will need a custom tune to make use of the Hondata injectors and fuel line.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any love for the 1.5t?

Status
Not open for further replies.