The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mautsukuda

Mau Tsukuda Photography
First Name
Mau
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mautsukudaphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're approximately 135g with the collar.

Can't divulge much, but we have some really solid cable upgrades in the works. The OEM ones are good, but they just don't last forever. It's been that way on all cable-shifted Hondas/Acuras since the early 2000's. Hoping to have a more durable option for the Civic X community in the not so distant future. :)

~Russ

Any updates on that shifter cable upgrade? I really wanna upgrade the OEM one so I can set my Stage 3 shifter to the shortest setting, without worrying about damaging or stretching the OEM cable.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any updates on that shifter cable upgrade? I really wanna upgrade the OEM one so I can set my Stage 3 shifter to the shortest setting, without worrying about damaging or stretching the OEM cable.
Unfortunately, we're unable to give timelines for future product releases. The good news is that you are totally fine to run your OEM cables at the shortest throw setting with our shifter. The angular range the shift cables are used in on our shifters is very modest (and subsequently safe for the cables). People think that their effort on the shifter totally translates to the effort on the shift cables, but you must remember that as you shorten throw, you actually have less leverage over the shift cable (hence the shorter throw as well). As long as you are not punishing the shifter with absolutely brutal shifts, your cables are going to be just fine. That said, absolute shortest throw can sometimes mean more shift effort than some people can coordinate well, leading to less consistent shifts, so you should really find the sweet spot for throw and height adjustment that lets you be super consistent. That's the real goal of a precision shifter, right? Quick, precise shifts. So there's definitely a balance you should strike when adjusting it. :)

~Russ

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@ACUITY
Does your shift boot collar with other after market shift knobs like Raceseng?
I just want to elaborate a bit here. The 1924 collars require that a few threads be showing below the knob so that there's room to thread on the adapter nut that the boot collar clips on to. If you have a countersunk knob that covers all the threads, the 1924 collars won't work. For countersunk knobs that do cover threads, many of the nicer options like our POCO come with a specific boot collar to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, that boot collar on the POCO won't work on other brands' knobs.

As a proud ACUITY dealer I can verify that they will work with any shift knob. Our customers have been very pleased with the product.

https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/shift-boot-collar-upgrade-burnt-titanium-finish
Thanks for the love!

~Russ

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I just want to elaborate a bit here. The 1924 collars require that a few threads be showing below the knob so that there's room to thread on the adapter nut that the boot collar clips on to. If you have a countersunk knob that covers all the threads, the 1924 collars won't work. For countersunk knobs that do cover threads, many of the nicer options like our POCO come with a specific boot collar to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, that boot collar on the POCO won't work on other brands' knobs.

Thanks for the love!

~Russ
Thanks for clarifying!

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying!
Happy to help. There are so many knob designs out there, that we like to try to clarify to save people occasional headaches. We appreciate you guys hopping in here and helping answer questions!

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I just wanted to say, I final installed the bushings in my Si today and what a big difference. It was a Signifucsbt difference. quite surprised, Already had everything else stalled on the shifter. A lot of cursing because I could not get the retaining clip holding the cables in place off.
great upgrade. Just wanted to give my 2cents.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
The pedal spacer on the R is absolutely perfect in one of the less aggressive positions (maybe C?). Has become the easiest and most enjoyable car to heel toe in that I've owned.

Very underrated and affordable performance mod. I can't go back to the stock height now.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Also want to say I lost a screwdriver into the abyss that hasn’t come out yet. Didn’t have a way to get under car today to get it out. Lmso

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Also want to say I lost a screwdriver into the abyss that hasn’t come out yet. Didn’t have a way to get under car today to get it out. Lmso
Every time I drop something in a 10th gen bay, it makes me think back on the times when cars didn't have full undertrays and the dropped bits just fell to the floor. Those were simpler times...

~Russ

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Happy to help. There are so many knob designs out there, that we like to try to clarify to save people occasional headaches. We appreciate you guys hopping in here and helping answer questions!
You're right, there are a lot of knobs out there ;)

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Wanted to say I finally installed the cable bushings. Very impressed with the difference. I might go so far to say that, it made as much improvement, as installing the the shifter bushings, spring, spring etc!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.