OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It’s worth a try my man. Don’t let these nobodies tell you what should be important to you in life.
Oh yes, i tried to have the insurance pay out on using a aftermarket front bumper. Was a no go. That was my first idea 5 month ago, get a quality aftermarket front bumper.
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Maybe I should get one up here and ship it to you! Can't believe Canada gets more stock than USA.
Right? I'd prob just charge OP cost + tax + ship on whatever oem parts that are on back order

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh yes, i tried to have the insurance pay out on using a aftermarket front bumper. Was a no go. That was my first idea 5 month ago, get a quality aftermarket front bumper.
You should have your lawyer go after the INSURANCE companies in all seriousness tho. Honda can’t make parts appear out of thin air however you’re paying the insurance company to repair your vehicle. You should be up their asses with a lawyer who knows your local laws on this kind of stuff.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
You should have your lawyer go after the INSURANCE companies in all seriousness tho. Honda can’t make parts appear out of thin air however you’re paying the insurance company to repair your vehicle. You should be up their asses with a lawyer who knows your local laws on this kind of stuff.
That's what I thought, apparently MD is different than the rest of the US for insurance stuff. I grew up in NY so very weird to me. Since they paid for repairs, they have fulfilled their requirements... Even though the car isn't fixed!

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Right? I'd prob just charge OP cost + tax + ship on whatever oem parts that are on back order
Might have to do that, if I can get refunded by the insurance. I messaged the insurance to see if it's a viable option.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
The Type R front bumper is actually fabricated in Japan. The FK8 stopped being assembled in UK in 2020 (or reduced, with Japan picking up some of the assembly).

That's directly from Honda Japan, in September when my dealership stepped in to help after a month of kicking dirt.

How much of it is true, I don't know, I didn't participated in that phone call. What I do know is what my dealership said, the car is new enough that parts have to be available otherwise it's a big legal problem for them. Dire circumstances have dictated a waiting game. But how long do I wait? So far it's been 6 months, and I am getting tired of it.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Since it's someone else's insurance, could you get them to write you a check for the cost of the bumper and "repair it" yourself? That's what they did with my exhaust. They should want to get the job done and out of their hands.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Since it's someone else's insurance, could you get them to write you a check for the cost of the bumper and "repair it" yourself? That's what they did with my exhaust. They should want to get the job done and out of their hands.
Went through this on page one. For some reason the owner accepted the car with an incomplete repair. Not sure why someone would do that.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went through this on page one. For some reason the owner accepted the car with an incomplete repair. Not sure why someone would do that.
Thought OP was waiting to finish repairs? Skipped over some comments when they complained about his other cars.

EDIT:
That's what I thought, apparently MD is different than the rest of the US for insurance stuff. I grew up in NY so very weird to me. Since they paid for repairs, they have fulfilled their requirements... Even though the car isn't fixed!
I missed this part. So the shop was paid for a service they didn't do? So take it up with the shop, or did I miss that too?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Thought OP was waiting to finish repairs? Skipped over some comments when they complained about his other cars.

EDIT:

I missed this part. So the shop was paid for a service they didn't do? So take it up with the shop, or did I miss that too?
Ya, strange. Repairs paid for but not completed. Owner accepts car not fully repaired. :dunno:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya, strange. Repairs paid for but not completed. Owner accepts car not fully repaired. :dunno:
I wouldn't want my car sitting at a shop for months waiting for repairs. Now, if he signed off as if everything is fixed and good to go, well IDK.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
After it sat for quite a long time, I was offered to pick it up. It was the choice of letting it sit there in the open or in my garage. I chose my garage.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Owner decided to take back his car before repairs could be completed, as is his legal right per the repair order he signed. The insurance company decided pay out the claim for the work that WAS completed and then they will do a claim adjustment when the parts become available, finishing the car at a later date. Happens all the time, usually due to extra repairs that need to be done like "now the radio doesn't work like it used to since the crash 3 months ago". No one screwed anyone here.

You think this is only CTR front bumpers? We have tons of parts that aren't showing up and it's not just Honda.

No one is keeping your car hostage here but you and your insurance company. You're having your attorney sending empty threats to the AHM President (lol btw) when you should be harassing your insurance adjuster instead. Clearly money isn't an issue with you and you want to drive the car, why haven't you bought an aftermarket CTR bumper and had it painted on your own? You could have been driving the car for months now for a couple hundred dollars and just sell the bumper when you are done.

Maybe that's too simple of a fix and "I pAiD mUh MoNey JuSt LiKe AnYoNe ElSe tHeY sHoUlD FiX iT uNaCcePtAbLe".

There is zero legal case here. Lemon law doesn't apply for collision damage, only for warranty claims/defective parts etc, they only need to keep parts in production for 10yrs, which they are, they just aren't in stock due to natural disaster. Your attorney will be happy to keep taking your money though. This is like complaining a restaurant is taking too long to seat you when they are busy, they will seat you, they have seats, just none are available right now, so you are upset and are now threatening legal action.

Last edited:

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Owner decided to take back his car before repairs could be completed, as is his legal right per the repair order he signed. The insurance company decided pay out the claim for the work that WAS completed and then they will do a claim adjustment when the parts become available, finishing the car at a later date. Happens all the time, usually due to extra repairs that need to be done like "now the radio doesn't work like it used to since the crash 3 months ago". No one screwed anyone here.

You think this is only CTR front bumpers? We have tons of parts that aren't showing up and it's not just Honda.

No one is keeping your car hostage here but you and your insurance company. You're having your attorney sending empty threats to the AHM President (lol btw) when you should be harassing your insurance adjuster instead. Clearly money isn't an issue with you and you want to drive the car, why haven't you bought an aftermarket CTR bumper and had it painted on your own? You could have been driving the car for months now for a couple hundred dollars and just sell the bumper when you are done.

Maybe that's too simple of a fix and "I pAiD mUh MoNey JuSt LiKe AnYoNe ElSe tHeY sHoUlD FiX iT uNaCcePtAbLe".
Honestly, just don't waste your time. People honestly think the message some of us are trying to convey here is: people are starving in Africa, or that we're jealous of his Huracan.

Let him send his letter to the president of Honda, lmao.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Let him send his letter to the president of Honda, lmao.
lmao. Some poor PR intern working remotely at home "Dear Mr. Ronan, we're sorry to hear about your civic...:coffee:.....Happy Honda Days *includes free admittance coupons to already free event*"
Sponsored