racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I've been looking into the wavetrac for my DC2, the design is innovative and I like how it can shift torque in all traction situations. The fact that it's tunable is also nice.

I think the Si can benefit from an adjustment in initial torque.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been looking into the wavetrac for my DC2, the design is innovative and I like how it can shift torque in all traction situations. The fact that it's tunable is also nice.

I think the Si can benefit from an adjustment in initial torque.
That was partly what sold me on it as well. It was easier to get than the MFactory diff but I also really liked the ability to still power the other wheel in a one wheel zero traction scenario.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
The way it transmits the torque wheel to wheel is very cool. The ramping effect leads to a smooth engagement from the (non-traction) wheel to wheel. Smoothness is key. It keeps it from needing to shift power rapidly back and forth.

Add in the ease of swapping the spring and you have a really tunable traction enhancer.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Tell me about it!! ?
I came back to my car once and some A hole was walking over to my car with a jack. He must of forgot he was in Maine.. becuase people carry here lmfao. He took his jack and ran real quick when the m9 asked what was up.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Well today isn't entirely bad news I guess. Wavetrac LSD just arrived. This thing feels hefty, I'm so excited to get it in the car.

20210223_162433.jpg
20210223_162224.jpg
20210223_162135.jpg
Been debating a LSD upgrade with what I'm going to have to do anyway. That thing looks mean... tell me more

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Been debating a LSD upgrade with what I'm going to have to do anyway. That thing looks mean... tell me more
Basically the Si LSD and other aftermarket helical options can split the torque between the two wheels at a certain bias ratio (X:1), but in cases where one wheel has zero or near zero traction, all the traction is lost through that wheel (X times 0 = 0). The wavetrac has an internal mechanism that adds internal load to the zero load axle, which allows you to send power to the other gripping wheel.

Problem is I don't see a way to install this into an Si trans, which uses 14 bolts to secure the final drive ring gear to the LSD. The hatch and aftermarket options use 10 bolt ring gear mountings. I think in order to use this in an Si trans you'd either need the final drive gear from a hatch/base trans or an aftermarket final drive from MFactory. I haven't confirmed if their final drive kits use 10 bolts but I'd assume so if their LSD does.

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Sounds like it's simpler to stick with the stock SI LSD, in my case. Unless I run into issue with it.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sounds like it's simpler to stick with the stock SI LSD, in my case. Unless I run into issue with it.
I think so yeah, with a proper suspension setup I don't imagine you'd have any issues with it.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think so yeah, with a proper suspension setup I don't imagine you'd have any issues with it.
I do plan on doing the front sway bar, anti lift kit, front end links. While I'm doing the whole trans repair thing. Coilovers are on the list but most likely that'll be awhile.

I should probably take the time to do the oil pump gear, while the subframe is off. If the clutch looks worn I'm going with a eddy stage 1 type R disc as a replacement.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I do plan on doing the front sway bar, anti lift kit, front end links. While I'm doing the whole trans repair thing. Coilovers are on the list but most likely that'll be awhile.

I should probably take the time to do the oil pump gear, while the subframe is off. If the clutch looks worn I'm going with a eddy stage 1 type R disc as a replacement.
Are you still on the fx350? How many miles you got on it?

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Nice, I've been thinking about the ALK also. Once the motor is paid off lol.

Are you anticipating clutch issues? I thought that CTR retro was good to like 500hp

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Nice, I've been thinking about the ALK also. Once the motor is paid off lol.

Are you anticipating clutch issues? I thought that CTR retro was good to like 500hp
Well I'm bumping up to the gtx2867r. Adding the meth back in. The boost will be.. well closer to 40 lol.

It's also one of thoes things, if I'm already there, and it's looking a little worn. Might as well go a step up for not much more $

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Are you still on the fx350? How many miles you got on it?
Type R retrofit now. My motor failure did some damage to the fx350. Plus it was hot garbage anyway. I considered the fx700 series, twin disc, for a bit. But was talked down, and glad I didn't.