2021 Civic Type R LE Transit and Dealer spreadsheet

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Is anyone on here the new owner of Orlando Florida Ocean Honda's LE CTR? I inquired about it on Friday and they offered me $29k on my flawless 2019 CTR w/17k miles (lol @ the outrageous valuation) and wanted $57k for the LE CTR.

I can see it's already sold, can't believe that 12k over MSRP is considered a "good deal"
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
looks like dealers are double dipping on trades-ins for the LE. 1. Low trade valuation plus 2. Outrageous markup. So they wanted a nearly 30k premium to get you into a LE.

Is anyone on here the new owner of Orlando Florida Ocean Honda's LE CTR? I inquired about it on Friday and they offered me $29k on my flawless 2019 CTR w/17k miles (lol @ the outrageous valuation) and wanted $57k for the LE CTR.

I can see it's already sold, can't believe that 12k over MSRP is considered a "good deal"

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
looks like dealers are double dipping on trades-ins for the LE. 1. Low trade valuation plus 2. Outrageous markup. So they wanted a nearly 30k premium to get you into a LE.
realizing the popularity of the Type R as of right now, I'm somewhat interested in giving private sale a try. I'm scared of dealing with the aftersale though... like if the buyer's back pedaling and started nitpicking things and want money back.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Low trade in offer is normal. Nothing to do with the LE.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Sold for 55k, doesn’t seem like flipping them is very profitable.
Agree! LE is A car for keeping because of passion. All car depricate in nature.

I remember the S2000 CR was sold at MSRP then It drop to $27k couple years later before it rebounds to where we are at today.

Time will tell!

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If people are seeing profit for it now (I hate to say it), then they best sell now as we will never know if the FK8 LE will have an appeal 10 years from now on Bring a Trailer type of scenario.... Have ALL performance Honda that aged by 10 years and kept low mileage/modified been profitable? I'd say only a select few and only the right time will tell when you decide to sell for profit.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
If people are seeing profit for it now (I hate to say it), then they best sell now as we will never know if the FK8 LE will have an appeal 10 years from now on Bring a Trailer type of scenario.... Have ALL performance Honda that aged by 10 years and kept low mileage/modified been profitable? I'd say only a select few and only the right time will tell when you decide to sell for profit.
Agree. But then why buy the car... These are not investments. Sure, we all want to retain as much value when we sell it but that's a lot different than buying a $45k civic and not driving it (or limiting mileage to preserve value).

Reactions: BBQ

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Agree. But then why buy the car... These are not investments. Sure, we all want to retain as much value when we sell it but that's a lot different than buying a $45k civic and not driving it (or limiting mileage to preserve value).
well unfortunately things like barn finds and Bring a Trailer probably hyped up the interest in people wanting to try investing in cars (my theory anyways). Whether they're doing it because they're dumb/smart but with deep pockets, most people buy without realistic understanding that investing in anything is a gamble. You can feed the the depreciation statements, but that's not gonna stop most people unless they learn from their own mistakes and crash (or maybe profit)

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
Are these numbers linked to the serial number of each car?