Hey JR, two questions about the artificial rise in knock control in the non-Si's

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So just to be clear, this option isn't available on TSP and Phearable ots tunes, correct?

Btw, thanks for the new update JR.
That seems to be the case. It's not available on my TSP tunes, but it is accessible through the 21 PSI starter tune.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So just to be clear, this option isn't available on TSP and Phearable ots tunes, correct?

the tune providers should have an update imo when they are wake & it becomes available to the their customers. I updated few of my customers already heh many more to go dang !

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
the tune providers should have an update imo when they are wake & it becomes available to the their customers. I updated few of my customers already heh many more to go dang !
I have no plans to rewrite thousands of off-the-shelf calibrations to account for this new feature in the immediate future (as it will require modification to a few ignition related tables to reverse measures that were taken to work around the forced knock control rise in the past), but I won't rule out the possibility of new calibrations in the future that will make use of this.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have no plans to rewrite thousands of off-the-shelf calibrations to account for this new feature in the immediate future (as it will require modification to a few ignition related tables to reverse measures that were taken to work around the forced knock control rise in the past), but I won't rule out the possibility of new calibrations in the future that will make use of this.
Ah, so it is true that there's a built-in timing advance on your tunes that was designed to counteract this artificial K.con rise?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yes same here but luckily my customer base is still small & YES few tables needs to be readjusted.
like i said many times in this & other threads, give it sometime & be patient.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Ah, so it is true that there's a built-in timing advance on your tunes
I think the retard is lowered for the first steps in k.control (it's a bit more complex that that) so we don't lose as much power every time we go past 5200RPM but this workaround has it's limitations in order to be safe. Take it with a grain of salt as I haven't seen those tables.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ah, so it is true that there's a built-in timing advance on your tunes that was designed to counteract this artificial K.con rise?
Yes, there's extra commanded advance built in to work-around the forced rise via a few ignition tables.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

They compensate for it in the tune, so that could cause it to run too aggressively. We were hoping to test that more, but you guys decided you didn't want to wait.

You're welcome.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
They compensate for it in the tune, so that could cause it to run too aggressively. We were hoping to test that more, but you guys decided you didn't want to wait.

You're welcome.
Hi, I think it would be wonderful if you had given a beta full support as an option who is willing to try and who had only initial support.
Please

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag

You're welcome.
I wrote so in the other thread, it will be a 1-click top end power gain for starter maps , may not increase max whp by a lot (maybe 3-5whp) but could add up to 10whp by 6000rpm. Overall, great value for a 1-clicker :)
but OTS/custom tunes , I don't expect significant benefits, even if/when they get rewritten. Tuners have worked around this a long time ago ...

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote so in the other thread, it will be a 1-click top end power gain for starter maps , may not increase max whp by a lot (maybe 3-5whp) but could add up to 10whp by 6000rpm. Overall, great value for a 1-clicker :)
but OTS/custom tunes , I don't expect significant benefits, even if/when they get rewritten. Tuners have worked around this a long time ago ...
It might be interesting to try an aggressively tweaked KTuner Starter 21 again and see how it feels with this improved knock control setup.
Sponsored