BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Yes...and i still think it's a fair price...i paid a lot for mine also but obtaining one in Canada is next to impossible...but it is still quite easy to buy one in the in the US...just expect to pay more for it!
I was just giving you a hard time. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
Yes...and i still think it's a fair price...i paid a lot for mine also but obtaining one in Canada is next to impossible...but it is still quite easy to buy one in the in the US...just expect to pay more for it!
What did you end up paying for a '21 LE? I know in Canada it's illegal to sell the car above MSRP, but sometimes the dealers get around that by bundling the car with a ton of accessories along with other tactics.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
Curious as well because I have mine coming in at MSRP with no add ons. I know locally most dealerships were marking up regular CTRs with "accessories" for a few thousand dollars so I ended up going to a dealer that's 5 hours from me.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I called every single dealership in the country that has an LE in transit or on the lot. Either their GM bought it, they won't tell you the price, it's already sold, or it's going for a minimum of 60-80k. Not a single one is less than 60k. Went for a brand new 2021 boost blue at MSRP instead. Good luck, friends.
Congrats on the Boost Blue. Beautiful color.

I see comments like yours and they make me so thankful I found my two when/how I did. Feel extremely fortunate.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The very first offer I got back when LEs were first hitting the shore was $5k. Shoulda took it but wasn’t in a position to, haha.

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
What did you end up paying for a '21 LE? I know in Canada it's illegal to sell the car above MSRP, but sometimes the dealers get around that by bundling the car with a ton of accessories along with other tactics.
I paid a lot over MSRP...then i paid over $3000 for shipping the car to me...then i paid %15 sales tax on top of that plus the extra money for the extended warranty...so it ended up costing me but i got the car i wanted...in showroom condition with no miles on it.

It is very easy for a dealer in Canada to sell a car for over MSRP without any added accessories...there are "loopholes" in the system that are easy to get around :cool:

Anybody in Canada that get's a chance of owning one of these LE's is super lucky...with only 100 made they are super rare...Don't think about the money...think about the "miles of smiles" when driving it!

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
I paid a lot over MSRP...then i paid over $3000 for shipping the car to me...then i paid %15 sales tax on top of that plus the extra money for the extended warranty...so it ended up costing me but i got the car i wanted...in showroom condition with no miles on it.
I suppose that's reality for products that are in high demand. I hope the dealer where I'm getting my CTR will be gentle with me...

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
I suppose that's reality for products that are in high demand. I hope the dealer where I'm getting my CTR will be gentle with me...
If there are no “ad on’s”...then you will get yours at MSRP plus taxes...my situation is a bit different as I never allocated one of the 100cars from the get-go!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Yellow-/184662289708

A $55k LE CTR #048 didn't get a single bid on eBay and the listing expired, though it had a reserve. Nonetheless, I'm surprised. One sold a month or so ago on eBay for sub $60k, this listing not getting a single bid tells me that dealers might want to get any markup at all if $10k ADM didn't get anything here.

I'd gladly trade in and trade up for the LE but I can't do the markup

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Yellow-/184662289708

A $55k LE CTR #048 didn't get a single bid on eBay and the listing expired, though it had a reserve. Nonetheless, I'm surprised. One sold a month or so ago on eBay for sub $60k, this listing not getting a single bid tells me that dealers might want to get any markup at all if $10k ADM didn't get anything here.

I'd gladly trade in and trade up for the LE but I can't do the markup
And that’s a California dealer - the land of ADM’s. One data point doesn’t represent the market but certainly surprising.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the whole reserve not met is what keeps people from bidding. Like what's the point in bidding when the reserve is likely somewhere around $70k or something like that. I wish one of the dealers would have the balls to run a true no reserve auction and see where it ends up.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I think the whole reserve not met is what keeps people from bidding. Like what's the point in bidding when the reserve is likely somewhere around $70k or something like that. I wish one of the dealers would have the balls to run a true no reserve auction and see where it ends up.
Agreed with this. As a bidder, I will literally not bid on auctions that have a reserve.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed with this. As a bidder, I will literally not bid on auctions that have a reserve.
This makes no sense. Reserve and no reserve are common for in person and online auctions. Bids (offers) buy cars. Not bidding (making a binding offer) just because the selling has a minimum acceptable price indicates that the potential buyer really isn’t a buyer.

I thought that would have gone higher, especially considering the ‘charity’ element.
Sponsored