The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Afraid to ask about your tuning experience note. o_O Also who did your dyno tune?

335 wtq ... woweee
Derftuned down here in South Florida
He asked me If I wanted to lower it because my motor could blow
Told him no
I regret my decision lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Tuning experience notes- I'm so happy I didn't change to ktuner now that Hondata has added the artificial knock control ?
Thanks for adding your car. Quick question, with the new knock control setup, after a couple WOT pulls does it still raise up somewhat?

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 15 months owned for 19months.

Tuned miles driven: 21,000. 23,000ish total

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner 23 psi Basemap map 3, TSP Stage 1, D-Rob custom Etune on 93

Fuel used: Race Trac 93 only. since they have e85 there.

Additional related mods: PRL intercooler/charge pipes, CAI Race maf, catted dp/fp, flex fuel sensor.
27WON W1 +T.I.P. Heat wrapped the DP and turbo blanket on the turbine housing. All heat shields removed. Spec STG 3+ clutch Aluminum SMF.

Problems/issues:
Engine: I believe I have cracked valve seals. Specifically in cylinder 3+4, exhaust side.
Transmission: occasional grinds in 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th. If im trying for the new stop sign to stop sign time ill get 1. In daily driving through town nothing.

Driving style: Extremely aggressive as in im surprised I haven't blown it up yet...
I always let the car warm all the way up before ill make more than 5lbs of boost. Oil changes every 3000. I like to rev my car a lot so ill drive through town in second doing 5500 rpm and cruising lol. I went on a little stint last week were I was enjoying being a typical Honda owner slapping the fuck out of the rev limiter since all of 1 and 2nd spin its fun. In the rain third spins as well, I almost crashed... lots of 130MPH pulls on the highway.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3840.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3803

Trent m

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 15 months owned for 19months.

Tuned miles driven: 21,000. 23,000ish total

Tunes used: Ktuner 23 psi Basemap map 3, TSP Stage 1, D-Rob custom Etune on 93

Fuel used: Race Trac 93 only. since they have e85 there.

Additional related mods: PRL intercooler/charge pipes, CAI Race maf, catted dp/fp, flex fuel sensor.
27WON W1 +T.I.P. Heat wrapped the DP and turbo blanket on the turbine housing. All heat shields removed. Spec STG 3+ clutch Aluminum SMF.

Problems/issues:
Engine: I believe I have cracked valve seals. Specifically in cylinder 3+4, exhaust side.
Transmission: occasional grinds in 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th. If im trying for the new stop sign to stop sign time ill get 1. In daily driving through town nothing.

Driving style: Extremely aggressive as in im surprised I haven't blown it up yet...
I always let the car warm all the way up before ill make more than 5lbs of boost. Oil changes every 3000. I like to rev my car a lot so ill drive through town in second doing 5500 rpm and cruising lol. I went on a little stint last week were I was enjoying being a typical Honda owner slapping the fuck out of the rev limiter since all of 1 and 2nd spin its fun. In the rain third spins as well, I almost crashed... lots of 130MPH pulls on the highway.

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3803.jpg
Only a Honda can take it???

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep it does still raise if u have really bad quality gas but at least it's not artificial, maximum raise so far to 0.61 after 3 wot withing about 3 minutes which is AMAZING because before that feature was available it'll go all the way to around 0.79 with just one Full send wot. So happy with it. Cause I do race about 1 to 2 times a week and what's really bad is that usually I pull on first run and then I'm toast I'm Second and third.
On my car, even on good 93 octane, I kind of have to wait for knock control to drop to do a second pull or it will really shoot up.

Only .61 after three WOT pulls within 3 minutes is very, very good.

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Hatchback Sport CVT

Total tuned time: 1.5 months

Tuned miles driven: 4000+

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V2

Tunes used: 21psi dual map with dropdowns mostly maxed, but running tsp st 1 on map 3 pretty much always. Will get a custom tune for corn once im there

Fuel used: 93 always, since day 1

Additional related mods: takeda cold air, hasport 62a rmm,

Problems/issues: my anxiety LOL. selective hearing has not kicked in yet. (nothing actually, just nervous when the boost climbs and I think I hear something)

Driving style: can be relaxed, but also like to get on it a few times a week or around curvy roads

Tuning experience notes: Typical stuff like a heavier foot so less mpg, but the car is incredibly fun to drive now. This is my first car and first car I've ever done work on, but this site and youtube is helping me understand how it all works. So far, nothin but increased smiles per gallon

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_6889

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
Problems/issues: my anxiety LOL. selective hearing has not kicked in yet. (nothing actually, just nervous when the boost climbs and I think I hear something)
This is me too , and i'm just outside of a week being tuned . The car is just so much more fun , its almost too good to be true .

I have the OTF tunes set like gtman had his , and I have yet to come out of the 21 psi tune .

Two things I am learning :

1 . Before the tune , the car would accelerate very adequately and linear at 2k rpms , acceleration now at the same steady 2k rpm is similar but some how feels torquier and stronger , I don't necessarily need to dip in anymore under normal situations .

2. The cold weather may be amplifying it , but i'm having traction issues in certain situations . If I take from a stop quickly but not enough to spin and at 15-20 mph go to give it more gas to accelerate even more ( 4-4500k rpms ) It sounds like its boiling the tires off .
I had a run in this morning with a new Tacoma from a stop light . We were on a three lane at a red light trying to get over to an on ramp a little better than a quarter of a mile away , he and I both jumped off the line and were about even , I goosed down on it a little more and started spinning , I stayed into it until 65 mph , but it was already bye bye baby . I was probably 4 lengths ahead and looked back to see him get off his gas .

Last edited:

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 civic si coupe

Total tuned mileage: 2000miles

Total miles driven: 18,700

Tuning device: Ktuner

Tunes used: tsp stage 1, tsp stage 1+ Pherable 1.5R

Supporting mods: Prl cobra cold air intake street maf, prl intercooler and charge pipe, straight pipe catback exhaust

Fuel used: 93

Problems/issues:
i haven’t had a single issue since I’ve been tuned

Driving style: pretty chill I really only get on it in map 3 like a few times a week I try not to abuse my car

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. I saw you also bought the Phearable 1.5 R recently. Don't forget to add a new post here when you install it. I know John Vega would appreciate it. ;)

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Prestige 1.5T

Total tuned time: 34 months

Tuned miles driven: 36,000+

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata +6 for 2k, Hondata +9 for the rest

Fuel used: Shell V-Power 99 mostly or BP Ultimate 98

Additional related mods: Lots of wax for better aero :)

Problems/issues: Driver side motor mount replaced under warranty at 22k

Driving style: Fast n furious

Tuning experience notes: Crazy wheel hop in 2nd and 3rd over ~75% throttle.

Sorry I took so long Gtman, thanks for your help on the forums.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, it's all good. Thanks for adding your
car. I also do the wax mod. :cool:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Current thread stats and info (as of 2/15/21):

Total tuned cars submitted: 514

Total tuned miles driven: 7,207,000 (reported)
Car with most tuned miles: choo (101,000+)

Cars with major failures: 14 (2.8%)
Failures by model: Si: 3; non-Si: 11; CTR: 0; 2.0 NA: 0
Percentage of cars running reliably: 97.2%

Transmission type: CVT (160); Manual (354)

Hondata used as tuning device: 109
KTuner used as tuning device: 426

JB4 used as tuning device: 3
RaceChip used as tuning device: 3
Motec used as tuning device: 3

Pro custom tuned cars: 101
Base tuned only cars: 148

Most popular OTS tune: TSP Stage 1 (236)
Other popular OTS tune: Phearable Stage 1.5 (72)

New OTS tune: TSP Stage 1+ (Si only) (4)
New OTS tune: Phearable Stage 1.5R (Si only) (0)

Top rated pro tuners: Derek Robinson, John Vega

Submissions by model: Si (240); 1.5T Non-Si (220); Type R (39); 2.0 NA (15)

Most popular fuel: 93 octane (272)
Flex fuel users: 56

Cars with no added bolt ons: 162
Cars with at least one bolt on: 246
Cars running full bolt on setups: 106

Upgraded turbos installed: 39

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si sedan 54000 miles

Total tuned time: 1 week

Tuned miles driven: 500+

Tunes used: KTuner Starter maps

Fuel used: 93 Octane Racetrack, circle K, murphys.

Additional related mods: MAPerformance Street catback

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Conservative throughout 80% of miles. I even idle my car to operating coolant temps before driving. And won't spirited drive unless I feel its been long enough for all fluid temps to be at a decent temp.

Tuning experience notes: I daily drove with KTuner base maps for a bit and was able to keep my MPG the same with conservative driving. Its also really fun in the low end.. like others say power drops in those higher RPMs. Im switching to the phaerable1.5 with no god mode. Will update what I think of it for daily driving/spirited driving. I put a lot of miles on my car daily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tuning experience notes: I typically tune my car once a week and revert it back to stock. I daily drive 100 miles so I do this to be on the safe side. Ill be adding more bolt ons starting with an intercooler and CAI then head towards the phearable stage 1.5 tune. Clutch would be soon after. Would like to get the most out of my stock. Tuned at 54,000 miles. Now with 55k on the car.
Thanks for adding your car but we have to talk about that reverting to stock and re-flashing your tune weekly that you do.

There's really no reason to do thar AT ALL. Plus flashing a tune is very battery intensive.

You should just take advantage of the KTuner on the fly map switching and set one of your maps for a near factory boost level. That way you'll have that extra safety you want without the bother of flashing to stock and flashing your tune back weekly.

Keep in mind also that even on a high power map if you're not putting your foot into it, you won't be into much boost at all.

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
Thanks for adding your car. I saw you also bought the Phearable 1.5 R recently. Don't forget to add a new post here when you install it. I know John Vega would appreciate it. ;)
I’m gonna wait a couple weeks before I give any input only drove with it once
Sponsored