The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Goko1020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe (Touring-CVT 2020)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks , I am trying that now . With the help of my sister in law on discord .

Edit : Mcafee had it blocked up
I’ll be back tomorrow, to fill in the gaps .
Speaking of gaps , the stage 2 feels like I could gap some folks , amazing transformation .
yeahh!!! congrats :) enjoy man!!
Sponsored

Scarofwar

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Hathcback Sport 6mt

Total tuned time: 2 weeks

Tuned miles driven: Not even 150 miles lol

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Basemap Stage 1, Dual Map (max 20 psi) (current)

Fuel used: Shell 93 (exclusively)

Additional related mods: PRL Stage 1 / aFe oiled filter (Switch between the 2 since I prefer to clean my filters more frequntly), Ultra racing strut bar, Acuity throttle pedal spacer, Perrin inserts (currently on type r rmm, did not like the shaking at idle with the inserts)

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time. I wait till I am over 3k rpms when I romp on the gas lol

Tuning experience notes: I like how the basemaps feel with the torque down low, but I am a worry wart about the stress applied on engine internals and stock clutch. Will be getting phearable sometime in the future.

v_HatchFk7

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi all! New to the forums "ish" lol Ive been lurking ever since I bought Civic Hatch in 2019 ! Decided to make one of my first posts in this thread & start off right!

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Hatchback ST (CVT)

Total tuned time: 1 Year

Tuned miles driven: 15 000KM+

Tunes used: KTuner Dual Target 21 PSI (2 Months) , TSP Stage 1 (10 Months+) & Phearable 1.5T (Getting ready to flash tonight! Will update after i get a good feel for it)

Fuel used: Strictly Ultra 94 (Petro Canada)

Additional related mods: PRL Cobra CAI W/ Race MAF , PRL V2 Catted DP , GReddy Supreme SP Catback, Lowered on Eibach Pro Kit, Whiteline 22MM rear sway bar, DC Sports Front strut bar , Type R Subframe brace, OEM SI RMM W/ Whiteline Inserts, Whiteline ALK(Anti Lift Kit)

Problems/issues: Need to get my summer setup on to really lock in that grip! Also aiming towards PRL Intercooler upgrade , really hate this tiny stock one ? but other than that NOTHING! absolute dream to drive.

Driving style: What can I say I'm a spirited driver behind the wheel most of the time :spaz:lol , Mostly Taking full advantage of TSP Map 3 exclusively. Mostly Short Pulls in "S" on my way home from work & mixed highway driving to really open her up!

Tuning experience notes: First Tuned Civic! Couldnt be happier with the experience its given & knowledge ive gained! Cheers!

Goko1020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe (Touring-CVT 2020)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all! New to the forums "ish" lol Ive been lurking ever since I bought Civic Hatch in 2019 ! Decided to make one of my first posts in this thread & start off right!

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Hatchback ST (CVT)

Total tuned time: 1 Year

Tuned miles driven: 15 000KM+

Tunes used: KTuner Dual Target 21 PSI (2 Months) , TSP Stage 1 (10 Months+) & Phearable 1.5T (Getting ready to flash tonight! Will update after i get a good feel for it)

Fuel used: Strictly Ultra 94 (Petro Canada)

Additional related mods: PRL Cobra CAI W/ Race MAF , PRL V2 Catted DP , GReddy Supreme SP Catback, Lowered on Eibach Pro Kit, Whiteline 22MM rear sway bar, DC Sports Front strut bar , Type R Subframe brace, OEM SI RMM W/ Whiteline Inserts, Whiteline ALK(Anti Lift Kit)

Problems/issues: Need to get my summer setup on to really lock in that grip! Also aiming towards PRL Intercooler upgrade , really hate this tiny stock one ? but other than that NOTHING! absolute dream to drive.

Driving style: What can I say I'm a spirited driver behind the wheel most of the time :spaz:lol , Mostly Taking full advantage of TSP Map 3 exclusively. Mostly Short Pulls in "S" on my way home from work & mixed highway driving to really open her up!

Tuning experience notes: First Tuned Civic! Couldnt be happier with the experience its given & knowledge ive gained! Cheers!

random question but did that OEM R subframe brace made a difference ? I wanted to get one too

v_HatchFk7

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Country flag
random question but did that OEM R subframe brace made a difference ? I wanted to get one too
Yeah No worries, Honestly I can say it does "Compliment" the current setup on our cars (when really pushing it etc.) but to really feel something with the rest of the mods I have would be real subtle. Definitely worth the $15 if you're gonna be underneath there! :)

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have been looking over the idea of upgrading, but we don't have a single station with 93 out here in San Diego & I'm not too comfortable putting e85 in my fuel just yet. Lol. But I do have the TSP 1+ page bookmarked for potential future use.
Putting in a gallon of E85 will not hurt your engine at all. We only have 91 in California and I put in 1-1.5 gallons of E85 on my Phearable tune and it keeps my knock control at 0.49. I've been doing this for almost a year and haven't had a single issue.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Some big tuning news coming from Hondata for non-Si owners.

You know how the non-Si turbo knock control jumps up drastically at 5200+ rpm, but the Si stays stable? Well Hondata is giving it's users the option to remove that artificially high knock control on the non-Si's. Their testing shows an impressive increase of 18 hp up top compared to before.

Here's a link to that information and some other newly released features:

https://www.hondata.com/technical-information-hondata-l15-turbo-civic-tuning

Last edited:

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
I wanted to be able to give a full write up by tonight on where I was , but there has been too much going on . Hope to have up by the weekend .

After working out a couple of issues , the only one I haven't figured out is the V2 unit its self does not power on when I start the car , I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it going , any ideas ?

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I wanted to be able to give a full write up by tonight on where I was , but there has been too much going on . Hope to have up by the weekend .

After working out a couple of issues , the only one I haven't figured out is the V2 unit its self does not power on when I start the car , I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it going , any ideas ?
Watch this as I think @cameron.hill had the same issue:

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Hatch Sport Touring CVT

Total tuned time: 3 days

Tuned miles driven: Have 7170 miles total, 100 TUNED

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V2

Tunes used: Starter dual/21 psi . Using 3 OTF tunes, setup with gtmans parameters see :
My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal | Page 16 | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com post # 227

Fuel used: Shell 93 , since car was new

Additional related mods: None

Problems/issues: None .

Driving style: Spirted , I don't poke . I don't flog the crap out of either .

Tuning experience notes: Couldn't get over the difference , best money Iv'e ever spent on a mod. Before the tune I regularly saw 4k rpms several times a day , Since getting tuned ( only have used the 21 psi so far ) I haven't had to rev that high nearly as often , and when I have its been a blast. The mid-range and upper pull reminds me of my 2016 Genesis Coupe 3.8 , which is a good thing . Its been raining a lot here , I've found accelerating at a normal pace and then digging in a little deeper @ 25-35 mph and revving to 3-4k creates a lot of wheel spin .

Earlier I alluded to having issues loading a tune and such , I didn't include this in the Problems section , because I felt like this section implies problems with the tune , and there wasn't .

Here's what was going on .

1st - While downloading the first of three tunes to the V2 , followed instructions, named the tune ,selected the position (1) , tune downloaded and presumably finished ... I mean the green bar disappeared and the lower left section no longer said loading , so I move on to the next tune to load and upon selecting the next tune , I would get a box with an error message , along the lines of (Are you sure you want to close this tune without saving ) I was like .... What am I missing here !? Did this several times , researched to no avail .... Finally decided to go hook it to the car and see if the tunes were there ... and they were !

2nd - I felt like I did a decent amount of research before tuning , but somewhere I missed the part where after the tune has been flashed and you go for that first drive , your dash is lit up like a Christmas tree with a litany of error messages ? Panic set in at first ( OH GREAT ) Then I read where you need to go for a little drive and let the car realize everything is in order ... All warning lights finally go out after a few miles , would've been nice to know before hand .

3rd - Mcafee software totally disabled Ktuner program ONLY after the first download to the V2 , it totally worked fine the first time but not after that ... weird .

4th - The V2 unit its self was not powering on , thanks to ATLACs above post , that issue was also solved .

To end , really impressed with the results , a lot of good stuff on this forum and good people that know what's going on . :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car and adding all the detail. :thumbsup: I remember that setup you're using very well. Enjoy. It's amazing how potent it feels in the 3500-4500 rpm range.

Last edited:

2020PearlSi

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 8 Months

Tuned miles driven: ~8,000

Tuning device(s) used: K Tuner v1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 & TSP Stage 1+

Fuel used: Arco 91 with ~1 gallon of e85

Additional related mods: PRL Short Ram Intake w/Race MAF

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Mostly easy on it, with occasional pulls onto the Highway. Driving around town there will be some speedy bursts here and there.

Tuning experience notes: I flashed my car around ~7k and had base maps for a week or so. It was awesome compared to stock. Shortly after got TSP1 and car felt even better, pulled harder and smoother. I had issues with knock control all over the place but never higher than .72 which DRob said was normal running 91. Wish we had 93 in Vegas but we are stuck with crappy 91. I found a gas station a few miles from my work that had e85 and started adding a little over a gallon each fill up and that fixed my knock issues keeping it solid at .49 with it only bumping a tad on hard pulls. I have since upgraded to TSP1+ and have been running it for a few days now. Car pulls even harder. Not a huge difference but feels stronger especially mid/top of rpm. I have yet to see 26psi yet, only 23. Knock control pops up a few digits easier than it did on TSP1 after hard pulls but not too bad. So far NO clutch slip!! I know a ton of people have had trouble. I dk if it’s coming or if 2020s have a stronger clutch than others. ??‍♂ I gave the car a proper break in period, never launch and never go WOT under ~4k

Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 1 yr 9 mos

Tuned miles driven: 10320 miles, 16560 current miles

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, Phearable 1.5, TSP Stage 2, TSP RV6 Turbo OTS Current

Fuel used: E30 91 Blend

Additional related mods: PRL CAI Race MAF, PRL Intercooler, PRL Flex fuel kit,PRL Race DP, 27WON Turbo Inlet Pipe, FX400 Clutch w/ Lightweight flywheel, JLT Performance Catch Can,AWE Track 3" exhaust

Problems/issues: Nothing right now. Car is running superb other than being downed for 1 month due to a defect turbo seal.

Driving style: 60% Boosting 30% Chilling 10% YOLO

Tuning experience notes: Very impressive i must say a lot of cars are surprised on how my car moves 😁

Last edited:

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
UPDATE
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si coupe

Total tuned time: 8 months

Total tuned mileage: 11,000

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used
:
- tsp stage 2 (Map 1 sport mode) current
- tsp stage 1 (Map 3 sport mode)

Fuel used: E35 (93 + e85)

Additional engine mods: PRL flex fuel kit, PRL cobra intake w/ Race MAF, PRL catted DP/FP

Problems/issues:

Driving style: spirited

Tuning experience notes: Everything smooth so far. Was running tsp stage 1 for about 6 months and it was great but just recently installed a flex fuel kit and switched over to tsp stage 2. I keep it map 1 sport mode 100% of the time because I cannot afford a built motor anytime soon.
I also have a PRL intercooler with the charge pipes and a clutch masters fx350 clutch and smf sitting in the garage. Hope to have them both on the car by the end of the month.
After all that is installed I will be getting a dyno tune aswell.
UPDATE

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si coupe

Total tuned time: 19 months ?

Tuned miles driven: 20000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: ktuner 19.5psi map
Tsp stage 1
Tsp stage 2
Dyno tune 278whp 335wtq

Fuel used: 93/E85 (don't use flex fuel anymore)

Additional related mods: PRL Cai race
PRL FP
PRL Catted DP
PRL flex fuel kit
PRL intercooler w/ charge pipes

Problems/issues: fx350 throw out bearing went out after 2000 miles of installation with proper break in.

4th gear went out at 19000 miles (few thousand miles after i got dyno tuned)

Injectors took a shit at 25000 miles

Driving style: fast

Tuning experience notes: I fucked up

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update. Afraid to ask about your tuning experience note. o_O Also who did your dyno tune?

335 wtq ... woweee
Sponsored

Last edited: