ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone have the street kit and also has an upgraded turbo or big turbo kit? If so how is it holding up? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have the street kit and also has an upgraded turbo or big turbo kit? If so how is it holding up? Thanks in advance.
@madchiller has it. 345whp, and 308wtq on E30 using the PRL Big Turbo Kit

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Mileage check-in? I'm at 2,500 miles on Blue, 0 issues to report. CDV Delete, KZ CMC Line, and PRL SS Line were all performed/installed during clutch install.

How about everyone else?

We've delivered 4 kits, awaiting delivery on another 6 for Canadian and USA folks :) Wait times have been averaging 2 months due to slower production
https://unity-performance.com/products/act-hd-street-clutch-kit-civic-1-5t

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Mileage check-in? I'm at 2,500 miles on Blue, 0 issues to report. CDV Delete, KZ CMC Line, and PRL SS Line were all performed/installed during clutch install.

How about everyone else?

We've delivered 4 kits, awaiting delivery on another 6 for Canadian and USA folks :) Wait times have been averaging 2 months due to slower production
about 5000km on mine maybe more, only SS line for now, waiting on money to get the KZCMC. I got maybe 2 full gear lockout at high RPM(past 5500) high load otherwise you could think it's a stock clutch. Once I do the CMC I'll remove the CDV cause the clutch feels random at times, engaging nicely or abruptly with the same release speed and conditions. Running Ktuner dual tune and haven't had any slip whatsoever.

thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ordered my set on Black Friday. Import Image Racing just delayed it again to mid February. Fvckin nuts. Out of stock on ACT's website as well.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

How about everyone else?

9k miles on mine and now using a KZ CMC. For some reason it doesn't work right - if I adjust the pedal up to get good high speed shifting, pedal-to-the-floor locks me out of first gear. If I adjust it so pedal-to-the-floor doesn't lock me out of first gear, I get difficult/poor shifts at speed/higher RPM.

I still have the SS line from the failed sirimoto N1 CMC installed. Maybe I need to swap back to the OEM hard-line and do the PRL SS upgrade. (N1 line is entirely SS, replaces entire OEM hardline).

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
ACT Street disk kit + flywheel installed since Monday, upgraded to KZCMC and custom steel braided line a while ago. Still in the break in period. I am impressed with how smooth and manageable it is, but it provides better response and grips much better.

CocoErupto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
ACT Street disk kit + flywheel installed since Monday, upgraded to KZCMC and custom steel braided line a while ago. Still in the break in period. I am impressed with how smooth and manageable it is, but it provides better response and grips much better.
I just did the same. I picked up my Si on Saturday. ACT Street Kit w/ Flywheel, kzCMC, PRL SS Clutch Line, and I also had them delete the Clutch Delay Valve. I'm at 250 miles on it so far, still breaking it in. Definitely a better response, catch point isn't so vague, and that clamping action, wow. I love it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
9k miles on mine and now using a KZ CMC. For some reason it doesn't work right - if I adjust the pedal up to get good high speed shifting, pedal-to-the-floor locks me out of first gear. If I adjust it so pedal-to-the-floor doesn't lock me out of first gear, I get difficult/poor shifts at speed/higher RPM.

I still have the SS line from the failed sirimoto N1 CMC installed. Maybe I need to swap back to the OEM hard-line and do the PRL SS upgrade. (N1 line is entirely SS, replaces entire OEM hardline).
Have you performed a CDV Delete? Do try that before replacing the line, and if so then try replacing for a PRL SS Braided Line.

Also, which throw out bearing did you use? We've seen silver use OE Honda, some use ACT; we used the latter

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't removed the CDV and used the ACT throw out bearing. Will update here once I finish the break in.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Have you performed a CDV Delete? Do try that before replacing the line, and if so then try replacing for a PRL SS Braided Line.

Also, which throw out bearing did you use? We've seen silver use OE Honda, some use ACT; we used the latter
No delay valve delete, and I used the ACT bearing.

I was thinking about doing the delay valve delete soon as I'm starting to notice it's effect more and more frequently.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag

How about everyone else?

Hows the how set up? I have an identical setup on the way but am curious if the CDV delete is needed, car is mainly a DD and some minor street racing

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My act street only lasted me 4 months 15-20k miles :/ Im assuming I hit the tq rating already since its to the crank. Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures of it since I saw it after I blew my tranny but it was worn pretty bad. Surprised the guy with the big turbo hasn’t said anything about his clutch hopefully it’s solid for you guys.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't removed the CDV and used the ACT throw out bearing. Will update here once I finish the break in.
Quick update. The clutch feels nice, engagement gets a bit softer after a few km. Can't comment on high RPM as hardly ever hange at more than 6000rpm but seems fine. CDV makes engagement less predictable but I think I'll it keep to soften trans shock at medium to high rpm. Low rpm high load seems to make a bit more trans noise due the lack of dual mass but nothing concerning.

Last edited:

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hows the how set up? I have an identical setup on the way but am curious if the CDV delete is needed, car is mainly a DD and some minor street racing
Not needed but the clutch engagement does feel random at times. I might do the mod myself and see the difference.
Sponsored