Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, was looking at the numbers generated by the downpipe, which are impresive, but was wondering if you all have done a non tuned dyno on a build with 27WON downpipe, front pipe and airintake. If not, what would be the expected numbers to expect with this?
Good Question and the answer is yes and also yes that we are doing it again to continue to test and validate data. Fully stock car with just the bolts on you mentioned with zero tuning is about 15hp with most of it being in the mid-range. The best way we have found so far to pick up power in these cars is with tuning and fuel. While things like an intake, dp, and fp are all good upgrades and have the potential to make power the biggest restriction is the turbocharger still, hence why we made our upgrade. It's just that the wheels are so small and just can't move that much air. Once we upgrade that along with the tune and fuel all the other bolt on pieces really start to come to life and work on a whole other level.
Sponsored

Plowman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Good Question and the answer is yes and also yes that we are doing it again to continue to test and validate data. Fully stock car with just the bolts on you mentioned with zero tuning is about 15hp with most of it being in the mid-range. The best way we have found so far to pick up power in these cars is with tuning and fuel. While things like an intake, dp, and fp are all good upgrades and have the potential to make power the biggest restriction is the turbocharger still, hence why we made our upgrade. It's just that the wheels are so small and just can't move that much air. Once we upgrade that along with the tune and fuel all the other bolt on pieces really start to come to life and work on a whole other level.
Awesome thanks for all the valuable information! Defiantly makes a lot of sense to pin point the bottlenecks, and increase those before trying to improve anything else. Been looking for the entry level upgrades, for smaller gains and to attempt to keep the warranty for a while, and then drop in the turbo upgrade. Really like the line of products you all have to offer as well so would want to keep all aftermarkets parts true to 27WON(Wish y'all had some more engine bay dress ups to match the air intake!) . Guess if I chose anything it would need to be the air intake and possibly the exhaust, just for sound purposes and then consider when I would want to upgrade the turbo.

Thanks again for the information, it answered the question+ more!

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wondering if you will be offering a ceramic coating for the DP (and FP), or do you not recommend coating the pipes?
We more than likely will not be offering up the option ourselves. Since we retain all the factory heat shields it is not as necessary. That being said if you as the owner would like to get them done there is no harm in doing that.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea when the catted down pipe will be available again?
I think in about 3-4 weeks. Our new Catalytic converters just shipped.

SueyChops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think in about 3-4 weeks. Our new Catalytic converters just shipped.
I would like to get the catted downpipe/frontpipe combo (Si) as well as the FMIC all at once. I see the catted downpipe is back in stock but the FMIC is currently out of stock on your website. Any word on when the FMIC will be back in stock?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to get the catted downpipe/frontpipe combo (Si) as well as the FMIC all at once. I see the catted downpipe is back in stock but the FMIC is currently out of stock on your website. Any word on when the FMIC will be back in stock?
Looking closer to start of summer. I suggest grabbing the DP first.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com