19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't want to subject you to some sort of extensive testing regime. If the upload works without the P2176, then leave it at that and drive the car.
If you send the calibration then I'll upload a large number of times and see if I get the error. I won't have time to do this for two weeks or so.
There's two possibilities - it is an error that only happens every x number of uploads on your vehicle, or there is some problem with the calibration that is uploaded. Normally a calibration is fairly deterministic so if there is a problem it happens every time, so I'll try to determine which it might be.

Ok, thank you for the help. I will try again tomorrow or Tuesday. Should the car be flashed to stock before flashing a custom tune? I ask because in my previous cars on other platforms they had to be.
Sponsored

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
No, you can reflash the calibration from whatever state the car is in.

That’s good clarification, most don’t assume this.

Since where on the topic, do you guys recommend updating the hondata as updates become available..before trying to load a outdated version calibration from the computer to the vehicle?

Seems many have encountered errors where you want to load a calibration but before then the unit wants to update your hondata software leading to a failed update and loaded calibration

Last edited:
OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s good clarification, most don’t assume this.

Since where on the topic, do you guys recommend updating the hondata as updates become available..before trying to load a outdated version calibration from the computer to the vehicle?

Seems many have encountered errors where you want to load a calibration but before then the unit wants to update your hondata software leading to a failed update and loaded calibration

I believe it is recommended to update before you flash.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there is a FlashPro firmware update it will do that as soon as the FlashPro is plugged in. If for some reason you plug in the FlashPro and then immediately try to upload then FlashProManager will update the FlashPro firmware, but the FlashPro can't upload to the vehicle while doing this so I can't see how there can be a failed upload to the vehicle at this time.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If there is a FlashPro firmware update it will do that as soon as the FlashPro is plugged in. If for some reason you plug in the FlashPro and then immediately try to upload then FlashProManager will update the FlashPro firmware, but the FlashPro can't upload to the vehicle while doing this so I can't see how there can be a failed upload to the vehicle at this time.
Yes it’s more in the case that you plug in the flashpro/computer immediately to the car without doing an update before hand..there’s been situations where the update doesn’t complete and freezes leaving you wondering if you should just unplug it. Ive experienced this but was lucky enough that it didn’t screw anything up.

Anyways I’ll just do the update hondata to computer before hand not while it’s plugged into the computer/car.

Is it recommended then that you reflash back to stock before updating..in the event the latest update has issues?

Last edited:

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think there are two things here getting confused. The firmware update of the FlashPro and the reflashing of the ECU.
Both of these things cannot happen at the same time. If the FlashPro firmware update doesn't work, unplug it and let it do it again. You can't hurt it doing this.
Don't reflash back to stock or unlock the FlashPro before a software update. There's no need.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think there are two things here getting confused. The firmware update of the FlashPro and the reflashing of the ECU.
Both of these things cannot happen at the same time. If the FlashPro firmware update doesn't work, unplug it and let it do it again. You can't hurt it doing this.
Don't reflash back to stock or unlock the FlashPro before a software update. There's no need.
thanks for that, not exactly saying its the same thing but more of something that takes place simultaneously. If the update doesn't happen properly..chances are neither will the new calibration load.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
ok, I just did a flash using the same file I had issues with before and this time it worked with no errors so that's good. As I said earlier, before version 3.6.8, I didn't have this issue. The last two releases have given me problems.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
@Hondata , tried latest custom tune and same issue. Flashpro software updated to 3.7.0. Also now have same problem trying to return to stock. This is becoming a huge problem. I did the send feedback to hondata . Please help

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Hondata , tried latest custom tune and same issue. Flashpro software updated to 3.7.0. Also now have same problem trying to return to stock. This is becoming a huge problem. I did the send feedback to hondata . Please help
We figured it out. You have to flash when the coolant and intake temperatures are above 41F. You'll need to bring it into a garage or something. They're working on a patch now. It's a behavior built in from the factory - nothing to do with Hondata.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Interesting, it is about 30. I got it to flash to stock just now, took three tries. I don’t have a garage however. I guess you need to go for a drive first?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interesting, it is about 30. I got it to flash to stock just now, took three tries. I don’t have a garage however. I guess you need to go for a drive first?
Best to go for a drive and warm up the engine, yes. If you do that first you'll be fine.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, will try that . Thank you for the quick help
Sponsored