Protection against Car Jacking

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I said when stopped it cant start again, when the car stops; granted it doesnt actually stop the car itself, but when the car flashes lights and alarms uncontrollably when in motion after having been stolen, its likely not going to be getting far, either by a thief who panics, or the police who mark the activity suspicious or criminal

Yeah i wish there was a literal remote kill, but then it would bring risk where the car could a danger to not just the fool thief driving, but to any innocent bystander who would regrettably be near it
I did read the part about being stopped, but I guess wishful thinking took me down the wrong path. It would be nice to kill the power when the thieves were a few blocks away. That would give the victim some time to run & hide.

Maybe have the car slowly lose power/speed & come to a gentle stop in order to protect innocent bystanders.
Sponsored

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I'm putting in my Compustap remote start/alarm system in tomorrow.

Part of it is the DroneMobile system so if someone does manage to lift my car I can track it anywhere via GPS.

I primarily want it for controlling the system from my phone but being able to track the car is nice too.

OP
OP
CT0760

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag

Part of it is the DroneMobile system so if someone does manage to lift my car I can track it anywhere via GPS.

I primarily want it for controlling the system from my phone but being able to track the car is nice too.
Yeah, finding it again quickly is appealing; I just wish services like onstar werent limited to GM cars since that seems like a good service to have for any vehicle

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Have to make a point here, using lethal force to defend your life is no problem anywhere I've ever heard of in the United States. Some places want you to retreat if practical, most don't. Permit laws differ from place to place.

However-

Very few places in the US allow you to use lethal force to defend property. That is, if you're in your car, someone waves a gun at you and you shoot because you honestly thought you were about to be killed, shouldn't be any problem legally. If you wait until they get in the car and shoot because you wanted to keep your car, that's likely to be murder unless you live in Texas.

That being said, a pistol is probably the best car jacking defense, if combined with the right mindset and situational awareness.

Full disclosure, been a cop for the last 12 years, but I still remember being young, and I still like cars enough that I've written a grand total of two speeding tickets in that time. Actually once gave a kid a warning for a rolling burnout through an intersection because I figured he'd remember that better than a ticket.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That being said, a pistol is probably the best car jacking defense, if combined with the right mindset and situational awareness.
Oh yes the situational awareness is important, you basically have to recognize the situation before it actually happens.
Otherwise trying to pull a gun while being at gunpoint will most likely end with severe injuries or even death.

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag

What system did you use from compustar? Product numbers and was it all plug and play?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You should know better than to go into the city. Filled with POS who have no respect. Besides a car jack, you should be more concerned about getting murdered.
Your best defense is to carry a large dog in your car, if you have to go to, I'll call it HELL.
I understand another good defense is having a manual trans because most thieves don't know how to drive them.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Very few places in the US allow you to use lethal force to defend property. That is, if you're in your car, someone waves a gun at you and you shoot because you honestly thought you were about to be killed, shouldn't be any problem legally. If you wait until they get in the car and shoot because you wanted to keep your car, that's likely to be murder unless you live in Texas.
Good point

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
I trained for 23 years in boxing and 7 years in Krav Maga unfortunately against un gun there is nothing you can do and don’t risk your life for a car ! But you can take some precautions like : always lock your doors + install securit films on your side windows and always carry a Flash Light 1000 lumens to protect yourself in case of agression ?

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
What system did you use from compustar? Product numbers and was it all plug and play?
CM7200
HDP8 T-Harness
Blade-AL
AlarmIT Security Kit
2WG15 2Way Remote and LTE Module

It is ABSOLUTELEY NOT Plug-and-play, It's not something I'd recommend installing unless you're familiar with the systems. I do this for a living and it still caught me off-guard. The T-harness makes it a million times simpler but it's still a lot. It'd be way easier on a standard key automatic car since you'd only have to tap the parking lamps and autolights if you have them.

Once the t-harness is installed the car won't start without the brain plugged in cause it breaks some of the keyless wires. Figured that out the hard way.

The Blade has to be programmed for the car which requires a special interface, the RS brain needs configuring for the car which in my case is a PTS manual car so you have to pick a RSR sequence and pairing the remotes in a PTS car is a PITA.

I'm still not entirely sure the alarm is at 100% but I had to leave because my anxiety had me at the point of tears by this point of the install. It's easy enough to remove to reprogram if I need to.

The Drone also has to be initialized before the end user can use it which requires a dealer login.

Overall I could do it again in a small fraction of the time but the combo not being familiar with remote starting manual cars and using this exact system made it more difficult than it needed to be.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
Just don't be afraid to break speed laws/stop signs(safely) to get the fuck out of dodge.

If someone is pointing a gun at me wanting my car the last thing I'm gonna give a shit about is the person trying to jack my shit. Mindset is key....

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
When I got out the military, I worked as a corrections officer & during that time "Joy Riding" was a huge crime issue. I asked several inmates that had been convicted of car theft, what was the best in-car theft deterrent- assuming the car is parked up & you are not around. They all said any alarm system or lock device only slows them down, but they could all be defeated. They said the best device, was for the owner to figure out what fuse killed the starter & pull the fuse when leaving the car. Might not be the most practical, but it does the job.
As for preventing car jacking, a SIG & plenty of hollow points along with good regular training is number 1 for me. Second is situational awareness. Lastly if in stop & go traffic, leave space between yourself & the car in front, so you never get boxed in & can get away from a potential situation without ever having to revert to rule #1. HTH

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
You should Carry a gun wherever you go. 2021 is too crazy man.. If you care about your life you won't let the government say you cant carry one. Tired of having close calls so i will be acquiring some self protection. Here in San Antonio all these highschoolers wanna act like killers and Cartel Mfs. Too many mfs wanna be gangster. Rappers glorify that life. They all tryna prove something to themselves or friends. I got approached by some little 12 year olds with a little 380. Tried taking my board but we were by alot of people in a town Square so I knew they wouldn't shoot, so I smacked the retard in the head with my board. "Carson Bloods where u from ***" hold this fucking board to the face dumbass. Listen folks, these raps cats are putting a bad influence on youngsters, all they wanna do is rob , steal and kill like their favorite rapper claims they do. Not to mention nobody gets disciplined anymore and Fathers aren't being actual fathers so these kids just think they can do whatever they want. I had the honda dealer install their Thief Detterent and Car tracker in the vehicle. Made my insurance go down slightly too. Yall stay safe out here now. Im sure you can take your vehicle to a bodyshop and they'll do something for you. I just had honda do it at Purchase.

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
When I got out the military, I worked as a corrections officer & during that time "Joy Riding" was a huge crime issue. I asked several inmates that had been convicted of car theft, what was the best in-car theft deterrent- assuming the car is parked up & you are not around. They all said any alarm system or lock device only slows them down, but they could all be defeated. They said the best device, was for the owner to figure out what fuse killed the starter & pull the fuse when leaving the car. Might not be the most practical, but it does the job.
As for preventing car jacking, a SIG & plenty of hollow points along with good regular training is number 1 for me. Second is situational awareness. Lastly if in stop & go traffic, leave space between yourself & the car in front, so you never get boxed in & can get away from a potential situation without ever having to revert to rule #1. HTH
Haha this guy fucking gets it. Nothing to scare away your attackers like pulling out the same gun their low life buddies use, but with a 30 round clip and a laser?. Stay safe yall and don't be scared to protect your family.
Sponsored