Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I think you are butt hurt at this point, with all respect .. I have never said any car can do well on track with base map, and now again ''mr salesman'' making ignorant comments about Hondata? If you seen car overheat in 3 laps with a novice to intermediate driver using a base map without any knowledge how to proper choose the mods etc the base map won't run properly no matter if is Hondata Ktuner or Motec, your problem is again with all respect an ignorant person. And your data is very poor BTW when I have more time I will post your data here for analysis and I will explain you better.

Don't take it personal I'm here for show more options to the community.
The tread title said Koyo full race and spoon.
Im a salesman? I don’t work for any company. Ironic you call me ignorant when I’m literally calling YOU out for spreading false information.

My data is poor? Elaborate how that is please
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Im a salesman? I don’t work for any company. Ironic you call me ignorant when I’m literally calling YOU out for spreading false information.

My data is poor? Elaborate how that is please
Bud !, you never know when to stop right? all your claims mostly are wrong mostly time and you are the guys talking BS about other companies, when you don't have any product by your own or don't have any idea how difficult is to get any aftermarket part out the door.
Let's start for something simple, show me data accelerating your car from 1 gear at WOT with at least 85 degrees ambient temps no lift shift up to 5 th gear at least... Post a capture of the whole datalog and let see how good perform your mods.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
There’s definitely a drop in power when ECT rises above 200f and IAT above 100F
This seems so strange when the thermostat isn't completely open until 194F. I am sure that most cars, turbocharged or not, can still make power at temps that are more than 6 degrees above fully open thermostat. Also I would have thought any time the car is stopped in any amount of traffic, ECT would go up significantly. Is this just a Honda thing? At what temps do the fans come on?

Keeping ECTs below 200F on a race track is a big ask and obviously requires tremendous airflow.

BTW guys, stop bickering.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
This seems so strange when the thermostat isn't completely open until 194F. I am sure that most cars, turbocharged or not, can still make power at temps that are more than 6 degrees above fully open thermostat. Also I would have thought any time the car is stopped in any amount of traffic, ECT would go up significantly. Is this just a Honda thing? At what temps do the fans come on?

Keeping ECTs below 200F on a race track is a big ask and obviously requires tremendous airflow.

I believe the fans kick on at 195 or so but don’t quote me on that.

I’m sure the car will still make good power but what I’m saying is that there is some type of reduction when going above the mentioned temps. How much reduction? I don’t know.

My ECTs never exceed 190-195 on the street even when completely stopped.

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race F8A39663-8C14-4B5B-B059-9D407224B808

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Bud !, you never know when to stop right? all your claims mostly are wrong mostly time and you are the guys talking BS about other companies, when you don't have any product by your own or don't have any idea how difficult is to get any aftermarket part out the door.
Let's start for something simple, show me data accelerating your car from 1 gear at WOT with at least 85 degrees ambient temps no lift shift up to 5 th gear at least... Post a capture of the whole datalog and let see how good perform your mods.
What are you even saying at this point? You’re just making assumptions and hoping something sticks. Like I’ve said, I’ve shared my data logs from a recent track day NUMEROUS times already. Numbers don’t lie, but you do.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I believe the fans kick on at 195 or so but don’t quote me on that.

I’m sure the car will still make good power but what I’m saying is that there is some type of reduction when going above the mentioned temps. How much reduction? I don’t know.

My ECTs never exceed 190-195 on the street even when completely stopped.

F8A39663-8C14-4B5B-B059-9D407224B808.png
Wow, that is a really narrow range. I think the thermostat doesn't even start opening until somewhere north of 180. yet most engines normally run best in the 190 to 195 zone. No wonder the drag race guys want the low temp thermostat. Useless at the track though.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

Yes the thermostat opens at 179 and fully open at 194d mostly performance car run in 200f as optimum temp range .

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
What are you even saying at this point? You’re just making assumptions and hoping something sticks. Like I’ve said, I’ve shared my data logs from a recent track day NUMEROUS times already. Numbers don’t lie, but you do.
Yeah were the numbers are at? better show me something more than 3 gear pull in a 68 F degrees. Show me some log shifting from 2 to 5 or 6th gear no lift at wot red line each gear at least your car is not capable. And again you being ignorant again.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Here some data, two scenarios same car, one belongs to 88 F degrees .
Mods :
Koyorad
Mishimoto intercooler
Custom opened front grille
Stock turbo
Power 384WHP 390WTQ

The second scenario same car at 60 F degrees ambient temps.
Mods:
Koyorad
Mishimoto Intercooler
Varis bumper cover
Stock turbo
power 412WHP 425WTQ

The car was tuned maxed out the fuel system and turbo in the first scenario , this log doesn't show that due high RPM and flat shifting .

All data taken from a test track after several pulls .
in both scenarios the turbo was hitting 26-27 psi at mid range rom and top rpm at 23.5 to 24 psi.

I have to look at more data going at higher speed .

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race some pulls at 88 degres A.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race some pulls at 88 degress.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race pulls at 60 degres A.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race pulls at 60 degress.JPG

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Here some data, two scenarios same car, one belongs to 88 F degrees .
Mods :
Koyorad
Mishimoto intercooler
Custom opened front grille
Stock turbo
Power 384WHP 390WTQ

The second scenario same car at 60 F degrees ambient temps.
Mods:
Koyorad
Mishimoto Intercooler
Varis bumper cover
Stock turbo
power 412WHP 425WTQ

The car was tuned maxed out the fuel system and turbo in the first scenario , this log doesn't show that due high RPM and flat shifting .

All data taken from a test track after several pulls .
in both scenarios the turbo was hitting 26-27 psi at mid range rom and top rpm at 23.5 to 24 psi.

I have to look at more data going at higher speed .

some pulls at 88 degres A.JPG

some pulls at 88 degress.JPG

pulls at 60 degres A.JPG

pulls at 60 degress.JPG
This doesn’t prove anything. You clipped the first minute of a “track session”. Which track is this and how do the temps look after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15, etc?

Nice try to skew the data there bud

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
This doesn’t prove anything. You clipped the first minute of a “track session”. Which track is this and how do the temps look after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15, etc?

Nice try to skew the data there bud
I'm pretty sure you didn't understand any parameter I posted, that is why you need to ask to someone else how you car runs after a pull? Nothing wrong with that just you should ask instead to call me like I'm providing fake information.

I tried to find any ''data'' for your side and looks like you have CERO , and for the information you posted the rad works like any other rad, nothing ''spectacular'' and the intercooler in my opinion performs very poor, based on your comments about ambient temps in 75 F degrees your intercooler show peak 113 F pretty high taking in consideration the ambient temps you were driving. Just based in your post I just couldn't find any useful information.

Hopefully you stop crying and adding more data instead, who really helps to the community.

I won't be replying more to you , at least if you post more value information regarding your claims because at the moment CERO data.

You claim all the time tracking you car hard and calling ''slow'' or not driving hard enough to all the rest of the people when they don't have any overheating issues however in your own comments you posted you have a ''warm up'' lap time at Laguna Seca 1:45 but mysteriously your lap timer fails and you have no clue which lap times were you running... BTW fast guys are making 1:38 with less mods on the Civic type R very far from 1:45 don't you think?

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race Capture.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race Capture2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race Capture3.JPG

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you didn't understand any parameter I posted, that is why you need to ask to someone else how you car runs after a pull? Nothing wrong with that just you should ask instead to call me like I'm providing fake information.

I tried to find any ''data'' for your side and looks like you have CERO , and for the information you posted the rad works like any other rad, nothing ''spectacular'' and the intercooler in my opinion performs very poor, based on your comments about ambient temps in 75 F degrees your intercooler show peak 113 F pretty high taking in consideration the ambient temps you were driving. Just based in your post I just couldn't find any useful information.

Hopefully you stop crying and adding more data instead, who really helps to the community.

I won't be replying more to you , at least if you post more value information regarding your claims because at the moment CERO data.

You claim all the time tracking you car hard and calling ''slow'' or not driving hard enough to all the rest of the people when they don't have any overheating issues however in your own comments you posted you have a ''warm up'' lap time at Laguna Seca 1:45 but mysteriously your lap timer fails and you have no clue which lap times were you running... BTW fast guys are making 1:38 with less mods on the Civic type R very far from 1:45 don't you think?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG
Im convinced you have no clue what you’re talking about.

You shared the first minute of a data log where the car hasn’t even done a warm up lap or gotten anywhere near a point of heat soaking. This is very misleading and is straight up just bad info.

I can easily take a cold car, data log my first lap and rave about how good my temps are just like you did but you don’t see me doing that. This proves nothing about how the car performs.

You’re very ignorant and it truly shows. A less modified CTR doing 1:38 at Laguna Seca? I know of only ONE car doing those times and that’s Steven. His car is VERY modified.

For reference, Randy Pobst clocked a 1:44 a Laguna Seca in a stock type R.

My personal best is a 1:43 in a stock ish type r. Only mods being RS4 tires, Swift springs and brake pads. Here’s a video of my lap for evidence.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Im convinced you have no clue what you’re talking about.

You shared the first minute of a data log where the car hasn’t even done a warm up lap or gotten anywhere near a point of heat soaking. This is very misleading and is straight up just bad info.

I can easily take a cold car, data log my first lap and rave about how good my temps are just like you did but you don’t see me doing that. This proves nothing about how the car performs.

You’re very ignorant and it truly shows. A less modified CTR doing 1:38 at Laguna Seca? I know of only ONE car doing those times and that’s Steven. His car is VERY modified.

For reference, Randy Pobst clocked a 1:44 a Laguna Seca in a stock type R.

My personal best is a 1:43 in a stock ish type r. Only mods being RS4 tires, Swift springs and brake pads. Here’s a video of my lap for evidence.
Right I’m glad you know the fast guys making 1:38 now you know when you get to make 1:38 you going to experience the overheating like many people does . 1:43 you are too slow for overheat need to push more that car , improve more that shifting you wasting too much time there also the cornering you keeping the steering wheel in angle like you do in a Sunday driving just make overheating the tires loosing grip .

Just a few tips .

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Yeah @Lust, quit lying to all of us. A radiator is a radiator. If it’s shiny and aluminum, all the same bro. Dale Earnhardt Sr. ran a 14.5 second lap at Laguna in his stock type r after rising from the dead on the 20th anniversary of his death.

Hands at 10 and 2, make a better effort to push harder. I’m really disappointed in you. ????

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Right I’m glad you know the fast guys making 1:38 now you know when you get to make 1:38 you going to experience the overheating like many people does . 1:43 you are too slow for overheat need to push more that car , improve more that shifting you wasting too much time there also the cornering you keeping the steering wheel in angle like you do in a Sunday driving just make overheating the tires loosing grip .

Just a few tips .
No rebuttal to the misleading data?

Dude you’re a clown. You haven’t said at which tracks you attend nor have you given any lap times to show your driving ability. You then compare my “stock” ctr lap time to a fully modified time attack car on SLICKS. If you think 1:43 at laguna is slow then you absolutely have no idea what you’re talking about. I guess being 1 second faster than Randy Pobst means nothing.
Sponsored