First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Have you sat in your Si?

I haven't actually sat in an Veloster, but if it's the same interior as the Elantra GT N-Line it's perfectly fine. The head unit in that car makes my Si's feel like a bad joke.
The veloster N has a bunch of hard touch plastics. The Elantra GT N-line has a nicer interior.
Sponsored

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
All the pictures look nice, and I know the new seats are nice. But I have sat in my friend's 19 veloster N, and I have to say, Honda has the better interior for sure with better practicality.

Personally I wouldn't mind it too much if the car is a blast to drive, but it counts. It's why eventually I still took the R over the N. I like how R drives more mature inside the cabin, and feels more refined in general. I would have taken the N if I'm still in college, less money, and all the pops and sounds.
I think that sums it up perfectly ?. I'm excited for the Elantra N forsure more mature. Hopefully same driving characteristics

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The Si/Type R doesn't exactly have a world class interior either and frankly, these seats look absolutely incredible in the N:

767692.jpg
Yeah I agree the new seats looks amazing and so much better than the other version. Still a great alternative to the R if it's too expensive

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
All the pictures look nice, and I know the new seats are nice. But I have sat in my friend's 19 veloster N, and I have to say, Honda has the better interior for sure with better practicality.

Personally I wouldn't mind it too much if the car is a blast to drive, but it counts. It's why eventually I still took the R over the N. I like how R drives more mature inside the cabin, and feels more refined in general. I would have taken the N if I'm still in college, less money, and all the pops and sounds.
Infotainment is night and day though. And functionally Hyundai does a great job with the controls and driver interface. Of course running a Hyundai forum for 20 years, I'm a bit biased. ;)

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Infotainment is night and day though. And functionally Hyundai does a great job with the controls and driver interface. Of course running a Hyundai forum for 20 years, I'm a bit biased. ;)
No, no, I do agree with you. I would love to have some of the stuff of the N in my R, like the Infotainment with customization for R's 3 modes. It's such a big deal, and Hyundai's doing a great job upping their games. As much as those two cars are alike, they are very different. I test drove both, and picked the R for the general handling

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
It's unfortunate that Hyundai's 3 N cars are going to be all weird.

Weird 3 door Veloster N.
Weird futuristically styled 4 door sedan
Weird 5 door mini CUV Kona.

Don't want any of those, give me an i30N.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's unfortunate that Hyundai's 3 N cars are going to be all weird.

Weird 3 door Veloster N.
Weird futuristically styled 4 door sedan
Weird 5 door mini CUV Kona.

Don't want any of those, give me an i30N.
The weird thing is I think all 3 are cool looking.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The weird thing is I think all 3 are cool looking.
It's completely subjective so they might sell just fine, just for me personally none of the three work. I'd probably be fine with the Kona N if it had a stick.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's completely subjective so they might sell just fine, just for me personally none of the three work. I'd probably be fine with the Kona N if it had a stick.
I know it's not your preference but have you tried a dual clutch with paddles before?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know it's not your preference but have you tried a dual clutch with paddles before?
Yeah, the Elantra GT N-Line I drove had one. It was fine, as is the one in the GTI, I just prefer a manual.

I might make an exception for something like an Alfa Quadrifoglio. :)

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Yeah, the Elantra GT N-Line I drove had one. It was fine, as is the one in the GTI, I just prefer a manual.

I might make an exception for something like an Alfa Quadrifoglio. :)
Are you referring to the Elantra GT N Line as a hatchback model?
I do see a new 2021 Elantra GT N Line sedan is now available on autotrader , that is what I am interested in or the not yet available full blown Elantra N with a manual only though.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone gets to test drive a new 2021 Elantra sedan, please let me know how you like the car.
Especially interested in the N / N Line sedan models.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone gets to test drive a new 2021 Elantra sedan, please let me know how you like the car.
Especially interested in the N / N Line sedan models.
Why not just test drive an N Line yourself? ;)

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why not just test drive an N Line yourself? ;)
Yes indeed, I should. But with this epidemic and at my age , I am pretty much just staying at home. I am on "leave of absence" from my work, have been since March 2020. Considering early retirement but not forced to make that decision yet thankfully.
Sponsored