OP
Res0zsfa

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation 88D685C0-8E2A-461A-979B-4304FFABE8D7
Thanks Res0zsfa! I finally got around to installing and this a more robust option for me. Stuck on some thick felt where the frame would contact paint. Also zip tied the top rail to the back plate of frame so it's a bit more secure. Some pics
20210118_115611.jpg
20210118_114617.jpg
Nice! I might relocate the metal bar like how you did. Just a bit lazy to take everything off to adjust it. I had to double the foam pads because one was wearing out and was very close to the bumper itself.
Sponsored

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is meant for 2017-2019 Type Rs with the fog light grill but using these parts may help for the intercooler grill. Hereā€™s the vid on how it was done.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
The best solution is don't run a plate. My state mandates there be a front plate however I've never put one on and never had an issue with police.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
The best solution is don't run a plate. My state mandates there be a front plate however I've never put one on and never had an issue with police.
I'm currently doing the same because I'm not crazy about any of the options available, except when we do eventually get pulled over it will either be for that reason alone or tacked on to whatever else we did wrong (for me, probably speeding lol).

I bet one fix it ticket annoyance will be enough for me to take the front plate options more seriously. Same how I used to have darker than legal tinted windows prior to getting my waiver for years with no issue....until I finally got pulled over by a cop who cared and had to waste a morning going to traffic court with proof I removed them to avoid points on my insurance.

Not something you want to waste time doing more than once.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
Im in Mass and theres a cop in my neighborhood who pulled me over for no plate and remembered my plate from years ago when he was a state policeman... I cant risk it lol

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
I'm currently doing the same because I'm not crazy about any of the options available, except when we do eventually get pulled over it will either be for that reason alone or tacked on to whatever else we did wrong (for me, probably speeding lol).

I bet one fix it ticket annoyance will be enough for me to take the front plate options more seriously. Same how I used to have darker than legal tinted windows prior to getting my waiver for years with no issue....until I finally got pulled over by a cop who cared and had to waste a morning going to traffic court with proof I removed them to avoid points on my insurance.

Not something you want to waste time doing more than once.
I hear you but I imagine if you're polite to the cop they'll take it easy. Then again there's always the risk. Ive been cited twice for no front plate in 20+ years of driving. In both instances I showed up to the courthouse, zip tied it to the grill, handled the ticket, and took the plate back off before I left the parking lot. It ruins the look of cars, I hate it.

Im in Mass and theres a cop in my neighborhood who pulled me over for no plate and remembered my plate from years ago when he was a state policeman... I cant risk it lol
TBH I'd be friendly to the guy and eventually ask him to cut you some slack on the front plate. Not a big deal but it's just ugly IMO. Then again you're in MA and I know your state has lots of crazy laws and restrictions but it's worth a shot.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
MA state trooper :rolleyes: not suprised. Have had good interactions with most town cops around here but staties always seem to have a stick up their ass.

I pass by at least like 1-2 regular cops a day and have yet to be bothered. In general, most seem way less eager to open the lights now, as I've even blasted by a few I saw last second expecting a guaranteed speeding ticket and they didn't bother lol maybe with covid they're on a more selective schedule.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
MA state trooper :rolleyes: not suprised. Have had good interactions with most town cops around here but staties always seem to have a stick up their ass.

I pass by at least like 1-2 regular cops a day and have yet to be bothered. In general, most seem way less eager to open the lights now, as I've even blasted by a few I saw last second expecting a guaranteed speeding ticket and they didn't bother lol maybe with covid they're on a more selective schedule.
Yeah the statie now is a cop in my neighborhood in a small north shore town so I can't mess with it. I gotta figure out what to do as I may be picking a CTR up this weekend or next week. Perrin one looks like a pain in the ass and like you said all my older cars it was simple to use tow hook versions of relocation kits

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the statie now is a cop in my neighborhood in a small north shore town so I can't mess with it. I gotta figure out what to do as I may be picking a CTR up this weekend or next week. Perrin one looks like a pain in the ass and like you said all my older cars it was simple to use tow hook versions of relocation kits
I hear you. I don't like the location of the Perrin one, looks very strange. The best one I saw was one (from EVS? or something like that) which screws into some factory tow hook location behind the bumper. That plate location looks best, problem is you have to cut out a piece of the fog light trim so the tow hook adapter can feed through. It's also like $400+ for the adapter, backing plate, and tow hook package, which I wouldn't mind if it was a perfect no drill, no modification, fully adjustable solution.....but its not so whats the point.

The slybracket one is also ok but don't like the idea of anything, even foam, vibrating against the paint. I also don't feel comfortable having the weight of the plate bracket + plate supported on the flimsy plastic grill for years and years of wind bashing it at high speeds.

So.....for now, no plate is the #1 solution lol

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe the Perrin one puts the plate right above the passenger side fog light, right? It looks very strange.

PlayboyX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BB Civic Type R , 2012 Civic Si
Country flag
Try installing it flipped the other way around so that black horizontal bar isnā€™t hitting the bumper?

5A217D20-5FCD-4047-A63D-9EDE98184CC7.jpeg
Thanks Res0zsfa,

Just brought out my R since the weather is finally better in Canada. Installed sly brackets and highly recommend it. Zip tied it on the bottom for more support
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation 965EEF84-5880-41B5-AD6A-3E019FAA5F12

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation BC0DFF59-F331-4A22-A36B-7B28C2C57847

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation B113C6DC-ACDA-4848-B79E-38F51BCB34C3

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation 71B14100-AA9F-4062-96A8-7457B252B9F7

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation 80FD4763-A1B7-4290-8C23-E982FC047759

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Try installing it flipped the other way around so that black horizontal bar isnā€™t hitting the bumper?

5A217D20-5FCD-4047-A63D-9EDE98184CC7.jpeg
Hello, do you have a link for the mount you used? I can't seem to find it.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this is another option, the one I used. It has a nice spring loaded pin so it pops off super fast. I keep the plate on the floor in my back seat... because I took it off to wash the car and forgot to put it back on, let me do that right now officer.

https://stonsho.com/2017-2019-honda-civic-type-r-sns143/

It does look a tad wonky sitting low in front of the IC but really the mount is there because of the quick connect. Can put it anywhere on the bumper but also my OCD doesn't like the off-center mounts. The ease of removal makes for a very plausible reason to have the plate off.

It does require you to drill into the bottom of the front lip, but a good 2" back from the edge so you'll never know. It's a 1/4" or so hole as well - so very small and doesn't ruin any structural integrity there. It also has 3m tape, and between the two fastening methods mine hasn't budged.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation IMG_20210310_134623

When removed, you can't see the small bracket unless you're on the ground.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation IMG_20210327_154057

If you look really close, you can barely see the small front bracket piece in this photo:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 type R license plate relocation IMG_20210417_193801

Personally I love this mount. Take the plate off in literally half a second, no visible drilling, and if it was going to fly off on the highway, I have a feeling it would've happened by now!