Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Sooooo Tuesday I finally dyno tuned with Drob here’s my numbers we hit a issue with the waste gate not letting us build more boost I maxed it at 32psi when we commanded 34 it wouldn’t hit it. Rich is looking into it to see what can be done to get more out of it. Per Drob the turbo and my engine still have more to give but to limited by the wastegate

AF625D55-9132-4580-B38B-8F93CFE1261B.jpeg

10798C87-E340-4948-822D-24C59BC0AEA5.jpeg
You were always going to hit the limit at 32. Drob knows this. All the companies know this. Yet they will never tell you till you find out on your own. The limit is ECU/ewg boost control related. And there isn't a fix yet.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
As of right now you need a motec or a manual boost controller to go over 32.7psi.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sooooo Tuesday I finally dyno tuned with Drob here’s my numbers we hit a issue with the waste gate not letting us build more boost I maxed it at 32psi when we commanded 34 it wouldn’t hit it. Rich is looking into it to see what can be done to get more out of it. Per Drob the turbo and my engine still have more to give but to limited by the wastegate

Congrats man! What fuel are you on?

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI
Country flag
As of right now you need a motec or a manual boost controller to go over 32.7psi.
Yeah I contacted ktuner they’re response was
To go external wastegate but that’s not really on option. I talked to rich he’s looking into options but to reach my power goals idk if this turbo will be able to. But I’m waiting to see what happens.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah I contacted ktuner they’re response was
To go external wastegate but that’s not really on option. I talked to rich he’s looking into options but to reach my power goals idk if this turbo will be able to. But I’m waiting to see what happens.
Ya I'll probably be going back to my V1 prl kit configuration, come spring. Since the v2 with ewg control is currently not an option.

You should also consider that pushing any turbo to its max rating will kill it faster. I've been considering a jump to the gtx2867r, as it won't have to work as hard for my goal.

Rv6 mentioned an interest in a larger design down the road :) i think once the current limiting factor are lifted, the market might open up more for that. At that point you've entered the built block and more fuel territory.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im just saying nobody needs to act like a shit head. You're telling me to chill but I wasnt the one freaking out. Its whatever man enjoy your day
You brought up BOVs on page 25 and your question was answered. Scott the OP asked nicely to keep on topic on page 31. I am not sure why you brought it up again. You can always start a new thread in order to discuss BOV options. Lets all relax. How's your turbo doing?

So since my turbine housing was already seperated and boxed up from RV6 I decided to send right away to jet-hot for their 2500 series coating with a graphit color finish. They quoted $290 which is kinda pricey but I'm hoping this will lower the temp since the TIP sits right on top of the turbo. I figured since it was apart I'll do it right.

Anybody else do any sort of heat coating or blanket?
Yikes that is pricey. My coating vendor never got back to me.

I've been looking at some billet actuators. Hopefully KTuner cracks the limitation of electronic wastegate soon. Does anyone know how long this limitation has been a issue?

You were always going to hit the limit at 32. Drob knows this. All the companies know this. Yet they will never tell you till you find out on your own. The limit is ECU/ewg boost control related. And there isn't a fix yet.
I honestly had no idea. Most people are maxing out around 350HP at ~27PSI with stock fuel system. You I am guessing you should be around 400HP at 32PSI.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
You brought up BOVs on page 25 and your question was answered. Scott the OP asked nicely to keep on topic on page 31. I am not sure why you brought it up again. You can always start a new thread in order to discuss BOV options. Lets all relax. How's your turbo doing?

I've been looking at some billet actuators. Hopefully KTuner cracks the limitation of electronic wastegate soon. Does anyone know how long this limitation has been a issue?

I honestly had no idea. Most people are maxing out around 350HP at ~27PSI with stock fuel system. You I am guessing you should be around 400HP at 32PSI.
The turbo is doing awesome, thank you i'm happy with it. I wish it was making more power though lol, im looking into a meth kit at the moment

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

Can you tell me what all you've done to your car? the tune I got with drob only hits 26psi

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Probably. but I haven't done any proper dyno runs. Drob and I put it on pause when I hit the limit. I'm hoping spring will bring a tuning solution :) or I'll be going back to a manual controller. Plenty of fuel, in the form of Eman's direct injection kit. Twostepperformance block.

I knew about the limit in June. But I've suspected the knowledge was gained back in May or even earlier. It's was hush hush for awhile. Then it started to spill out on FB a few months back.

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I'll probably be going back to my V1 prl kit configuration, come spring. Since the v2 with ewg control is currently not an option.

You should also consider that pushing any turbo to its max rating will kill it faster. I've been considering a jump to the gtx2867r, as it won't have to work as hard for my goal.

Rv6 mentioned an interest in a larger design down the road :) i think once the current limiting factor are lifted, the market might open up more for that. At that point you've entered the built block and more fuel territory.

I’m ready I’m already at the built block and more fuel territory lol

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you tell me what all you've done to your car? the tune I got with drob only hits 26psi
Here’s my mod list

2019 Honda Civic Si

Built motor
Saenz performance rods
JE pistons
Titanium Valvetrain
Billet oil pump
Custom oil squirters
RV6 beta drop in turbo
27won Turbo Inlet
PRL Cobra CIA W/ RACE MAF
Custom Flexfuel setup
PRL 3” Catless DP V2
PRL FMIC W/ Charge Pipes V1
AWE 3.25” Touring Exhaust with front pipe
CTR clutch Retrofit with modified CMC
Custom upgraded fuel system
PPG 4th Gear upgrade
Riaction Performance Coilovers
Eibach front and Rear upgraded sway bars
SPC Rear Camber Arms
27Won BBK With R1 Concepts Performace Pads
R1 concepts slotted and drilled rear rotors pads
R1 Concepts Optimum Rear Pads
Goodridge rear stainless steel brake lines
Ultra Racing Strut Bar
Ktuner V1.2 with custom tune
Recaro sportster seat
Custom painted valve cover
Acuity Stage 2 shifter upgrades
Ktuned blue shift knob
Blue suede shift boot
Custom blue carbon dash trim
Blue reflections carbon coil pack covers
Blue reflections Honda emblems and Si badge
Custom blue Kevlar front lip
Custom blue Kevlar HFP Side Skirts one piece
Custom Blue Kevlar rear spoiler with gurney flap one piece
Isautogroup matte carbon with alcantera steering wheel
Rays TE37SL 18x9.5+38
Pilot sport 4S 255/35/18

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Probably. but I haven't done any proper dyno runs. Drob and I put it on pause when I hit the limit. I'm hoping spring will bring a tuning solution :) or I'll be going back to a manual controller. Plenty of fuel, in the form of Eman's direct injection kit. Twostepperformance block.

I knew about the limit in June. But I've suspected the knowledge was gained back in May or even earlier. It's was hush hush for awhile. Then it started to spill out on FB a few months back.

I was already considering motec but financially that’s not a close option that’s like a next year thing I might just snag a 2867 to get the most out of my setup

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

[
Don’t think they plan to when I emailed them they said the option was external wastegate

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I’m ready I’m already at the built block and more fuel territory lol
Is the plot you posted your final result?
300ish whp on the Dynojet on E35 @ 32psi ?
Sponsored