Flash Back to Stock include VIN and CVN?

segfault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2006 Mitsubishi Evo
Country flag
CA Smog has started to check VIN and CVN when they access the ODBII. I know we have the "Return to Factory" flash option, but I was curious if the Factory Tune that gets flashed back includes the correct VIN and CVN. Failure to have those will now get you state ref'd.

My original plan when I first got a KTuner was to flash back the original rom that was made when I first connected. However, that SSD took a crap and I couldn't recover it.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We don't alter VIN or CVN data in any way. CVN is a calculation of the data in the ECU, so a return to factory placing you on a factory software will produce the correct CVN for that software version. It's 100% factory software.

All factory softwares that are supported are built in to the software. You can't flash unless we support it already.

OP
OP
segfault

segfault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2006 Mitsubishi Evo
Country flag
Oh, awesome. Thanks for the info! Coming from evo EcuFlash, we flash over EVERYTHING. So I was a little concerned.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
VIN info should be stored in ECU EEPROM, so it remains unchanged. CVN is a calculated checksum for the ECU software calibration, so a modified flash will not match factory CVN, but a CVN for factory software will always be the same.

Jay Penn

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
I have a question, should the CVN in the ECU be the same as the CVN in the TCM ??

Jay Penn

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
The TCU does not run the same programming as the ECU, so no.
Ok thanks, is there a specific program to use for 2016 1.5 civic. What causes U0038 code to show up ??

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you have the choice between two versions the description says to match to the closest one listed under KTuner Unit Info. If you didn't do that and flashed the wrong one you'll have a code. Flash the other one.

Jay Penn

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
If you have the choice between two versions the description says to match to the closest one listed under KTuner Unit Info. If you didn't do that and flashed the wrong one you'll have a code. Flash the other one.
But i never flashed though, if i flash the car do u think this would be fixed ??

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
VIN info should be stored in ECU EEPROM, so it remains unchanged. CVN is a calculated checksum for the ECU software calibration, so a modified flash will not match factory CVN, but a CVN for factory software will always be the same.
Just curious - does unlocking/jailbreaking an ECU affect the CVN in any way?