generalautist

First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Is it possible to use my ktuner v2 to get turbo flutter out of my stock civic si. Thought it would be pretty cool to just be able to flash a tune to make cool noises for your friends rather than have to do permanent modifications to achieve said cool noises
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I know the only way you can get a proper flutter would be from a bigger turbo. You can raise the boost to 23 or 22 I believe with the ktuner and it’ll make the turbo louder Forsure but not flutter

OP
OP

generalautist

First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
From what I know the only way you can get a proper flutter would be from a bigger turbo. You can raise the boost to 23 or 22 I believe with the ktuner and it’ll make the turbo louder Forsure but not flutter
I definitely messed with that tune lol, but I was just wondering if there was a way to mess with the mapping to get the flutter. Can never get enough of that wonderful noise lol

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I had turbo flutter when I used 2nd hand CR-V/SI turbocharger. I replaced the turbocharger with CAPTS Stage 2 Turbocharger. We found damaged on CR-V/SI CHRA turbocharger that might caused the flutter.

Flutter sounds cool but it could be a sign of damage so better not have any flutter.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure of your situation, knowledge, etc... so what i'm saying is strictly looking out as if you were one of my buddies but you can do some serious damage messing around with tunes, boost levels, etc... without the proper know how or equipment in place.

Turbo flutter is a by-product of something, not so much a purposeful effect to gain sound and ideally you wouldn't chase the sound but rather the performance which is what the tuning device is designed to do.

Our stock turbos are small so pushing it to the max to achieve the sound may end up making a bad situation. Hit up some of the veteran tuners, they may be able to lead you in the right direction.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
An intake will give you all the cool turbo sounds you want. Videos online don’t capture it well too often, but putting a prl intake in made a night and day sound difference in my car