First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mobil 93 since its first tank.
This is normally where I go and the fuel I get. I like the fact that they have an app I could use to pay so I never have to use their CC reader (no chance of skimmer).

Plus, I get to spend an extra minute or two in the car instead of finding my card, inserting the card, waiting for authorization, putting in a PIN, and putting away the card... It's especially useful in the winter because taking out the card and putting it away requires me to take off my gloves; when Celsius equals Fahrenheit, not taking off my gloves and the ability not to do all that stuff outside my car is well... Useful. I guess if it's 100F and humid out it's useful as well.

OK, I'll admit it, the main reason I like the app is because it allows me to stay in my temperature controlled car for a little longer.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
This is normally where I go and the fuel I get. I like the fact that they have an app I could use to pay so I never have to use their CC reader (no chance of skimmer).

Plus, I get to spend an extra minute or two in the car instead of finding my card, inserting the card, waiting for authorization, putting in a PIN, and putting away the card... It's especially useful in the winter because taking out the card and putting it away requires me to take off my gloves; when Celsius equals Fahrenheit, not taking off my gloves and the ability not to do all that stuff outside my car is well... Useful. I guess if it's 100F and humid out it's useful as well.

OK, I'll admit it, the main reason I like the app is because it allows me to stay in my temperature controlled car for a little longer.
How does that work at self serve pumps? Might check it out, especially if there's like a reward thing tied to it.

I'm weird in that I enjoy pumping my own gas and won't let anyone do it for me.....I was even told to fuck off from my local mobil when the owner was there one day and saw that I would tip the gas attendant just to do it myself (not self serve I guess) ? luckily there's another self serve one down the street.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So you're saying that an FK8 on 91 produces the same power as an FK8 on 93 (stock tune)? What the guy was implying was that they don't. I actually don't know the answer to this, which is why I'm asking.
Correct, they produce the same power, contrary to what the guy in HPJ's video stated. The only exception to this is if your 91 is exceptionally bad and knocking, in which case 93 would net you more performance due to ignition not being retarded, but that is not normally the case.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How does that work at self serve pumps? Might check it out, especially if there's like a reward thing tied to it.

I'm weird in that I enjoy pumping my own gas and won't let anyone do it for me.....I was even told to fuck off from my local mobil when the owner was there one day and saw that I would tip the gas attendant just to do it myself (not self serve I guess) ? luckily there's another self serve one down the street.
Illinois is self serve. It just saves you from needing to pay for the gas outside. I still need to pump the gas.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I run 2.3 gallons of renegade e98 and the rest is 93 octane at about 5-7 percent ethanol from the pump. I am also running a fuel line mod to be able to run e25 with room to spare on a fbo car.
I have 750cc 2 jet seperate jet setup methanol but I don’t run meth all the time. One is 250cc the other is 500cc.
Honda Civic 10th gen What gas do you use in your Type R? F430EE9D-0D71-4D10-80F7-CB1802AEE944

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
91 Chevron with Techron. All my other Honda's thrive off Chevron's gasoline (89 for the Odyssey, Accord & 87 for the CRV)!!

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Has anyone done any datalogs in the type r with different brands of gas? From what I have read, it seems our cars like high octane, even with a difference between 91 and 93 octane.
Cars that I have owned in the past that I have tuned and monitored seem to react to different brands of fuel. You would be surprised what brand I always found to be the most consistent with my cars.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Has anyone done any datalogs in the type r with different brands of gas? From what I have read, it seems our cars like high octane, even with a difference between 91 and 93 octane.
Cars that I have owned in the past that I have tuned and monitored seem to react to different brands of fuel. You would be surprised what brand I always found to be the most consistent with my cars.
I think that’s been talked about a little in this thread (or maybe it’s a different one). Though long story short, it was recommended to avoid Shell if you wanted power when on a tune.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
I think that’s been talked about a little in this thread (or maybe it’s a different one). Though long story short, it was recommended to avoid Shell if you wanted power when on a tune.
Lol. Interesting. I, too, found Shell to be very inconsistent on the quality of their gas. Believe it or not, all my cars performed the best, with consistency using Costco fuel.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Lol. Interesting. I, too, found Shell to be very inconsistent on the quality of their gas. Believe it or not, all my cars performed the best, with consistency using Costco fuel.
Well the reason why She’ll was pointed out was the additives.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
The problem with Costco is you always have to wait in line for over ten minutes to get your gas. I don’t like idling my car for that long. So I know longer use Costco gas.
Sponsored