Rattling Sound

ktavares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
I have a sunroof rattle. what did you do. I would need to remove the shade. anyone know how to just remove the shade. I will post a video of my noise in the next few days. definitely 1 rattle from sun roof.
I have no sunroof the noise sounds like a rattling from the passengers side door tapped around nothing
Sponsored

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I have no sunroof the noise sounds like a rattling from the passengers side door tapped around nothing
Behind the drivers side. I have that to, it the rear back seat loose. The latch does not hold it tight enough when closed. You can shake it front to back and it rattles bad.

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
What did u do to the sunroof to make it stop?
Honestly, I'm not sure what they did. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it.

I do have another rattle near the back of the car but I might just live with it. Don't want the dealer tearing my car apart to find it.

heggejake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Anyone have any updates on exactly what happened with this problem? Mine is having the exact same problem. I find myself turning up the music just to block it out! I'm taking it to the dealer on Friday and want to let them know what other people are saying. I CANNOT STAND the noise. Thank you for all your help!

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got some work done on the passenger window on the driver's side was loose in the track..they fixed it and no noise now...

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Major tinny metallic rattle from just behind the sunroof in the roof. Noise goes away if I put pressure on the headliner.

Dealership had it for three days and said they couldn't hear it. I wasn't happy considering it does it constantly.

It's driving me insane.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Major tinny metallic rattle from just behind the sunroof in the roof. Noise goes away if I put pressure on the headliner.

Dealership had it for three days and said they couldn't hear it. I wasn't happy considering it does it constantly.

It's driving me insane.
Mine came back today, colder than usual. I put some pressure like you said, and I think your right. But How to it fix now. Dealer sucks, they said they fixed it, just a band-aid is all they did.

I am ready to go nuts too.

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
I had a rattle too going over bumps especially in the morning . Almost as if from the steering column area. I went up under the dash to see what it could be. I noticed that on the break pedal there is some type of almost paper clip looking thing and it moved pretty loosely when I wound hit the brake pedal a bit. I'm not sure if that was the fix since I got a little grease and dabbed it on so its not moving so freely anymore, but I'm still looking to see if any other thing could be hanging loose.

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring

It's driving me insane.
I have the same rattle. Did you get yours fixed?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the same rattle. Did you get yours fixed?
Sadly, no. They said the sunroof was slightly out of adjustment and they retracked it, but it never stopped it.

It’s mostly gone away on its own but it flares up from time to time.
Sponsored