0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I want to play so bad but the games where you have to move forward or run make me motion sicm

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Any of you guys picking up Star Wars Squadrons? Looks AMAZING in VR with a HOTAS.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im waiting on new reviews from it.. i know better than to buy an EA title before release. its looking like the initial few days are mixed reviews so far. someone else i read was the 2005 battlefront 2 space battles played better. So I'm holding off for now

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any of you guys picking up Star Wars Squadrons? Looks AMAZING in VR with a HOTAS.
I’ll probably get it. Not a big Star Wars fan but I’ve seen all the movies and have always been entertained.

Even if the game is so-so... it was only 39.99 from what I saw, I played X-wing/Tie Fighter games way back when so there’s possibly some nostalgia factor in it for me. If it’s successful, it’ll hopefully encourage investment in future VR titles. Right now we’re inundated with middling indie titles with a few gems, some VR ports of some older games with very few big releases. Alyx was good, but there’s little else out there like it (big release... not necessarily genre specific) I’ll buy some coal in hopes of catching diamonds. That’s kind of where I am with any bigger releases.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’ll probably get it. Not a big Star Wars fan but I’ve seen all the movies and have always been entertained.

Even if the game is so-so... it was only 39.99 from what I saw, I played X-wing/Tie Fighter games way back when so there’s possibly some nostalgia factor in it for me. If it’s successful, it’ll hopefully encourage investment in future VR titles. Right now we’re inundated with middling indie titles with a few gems, some VR ports of some older games with very few big releases. Alyx was good, but there’s little else out there like it (big release... not necessarily genre specific) I’ll buy some coal in hopes of catching diamonds. That’s kind of where I am with any bigger releases.
So I picked up Squadrons last night and it’s flat out amazing. Haven’t even had a chance to do any multiplayer matches, but the single player missions are fun and the immersion into the Star Wars universe is incredible. If you have a HOTAS with your VR setup I highly recommend it.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I picked up Squadrons last night and it’s flat out amazing. Haven’t even had a chance to do any multiplayer matches, but the single player missions are fun and the immersion into the Star Wars universe is incredible. If you have a HOTAS with your VR setup I highly recommend it.
I’ve got an old flight stick I haven’t used for a few years... and I have a 2.4 GHz transmitter and some XBox 360 controllers... and of course a KB+M. Between one of the 3, hopefully I can get something to work.

You’ve convinced me. I’ll buy it set it to DL and give it a spin this evening.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’ve got an old flight stick I haven’t used for a few years... and I have a 2.4 GHz transmitter and some XBox 360 controllers... and of course a KB+M. Between one of the 3, hopefully I can get something to work.

You’ve convinced me. I’ll buy it set it to DL and give it a spin this evening.
Hope you like it!

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Just picked up Star Wars squadrons its pretty good so far

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Just picked up Star Wars squadrons its pretty good so far
Nice, I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately haven't been able to play as much as I wanted, between work and my kids stealing my VR rig from me to play Star Wars themselves.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Just installed the Walking Dead and Gun Club VR tonight. I was debating between this and Cyberpunk 2077 and im glad that i picked VR game. This is next level.

FKemp

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I tried VR at the friend's house a couple of years ago but there wasn't enough games to consider buying it IMO. Is the situation better now? I've set some cash aside for games recently since I ordered my thesis in prothesiswriter.com and spent the time I was supposed writing it working.

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I tried VR at the friend's house a couple of years ago but there wasn't enough games to consider buying it IMO. Is the situation better now?
Project cars, Dirt Rally, Metal of Honor are all available on Oculus now. The game choice are picking up. Though, I wish there are more big name releasing VR games.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I play VR games on my PC. I mainly play Beat Saber. My first VR headset was a Google Cardboard V1, then V2, then the Chinese Generic versions, then the Samsung Gear VR on the Galaxy S8, then the Lenovo Explorer, then tried the OG HTC Vive. I currently own the Samsung Odyssey+ and the HP Reverb G2. I tried the HP Reverb G1 before. The HP Reverb G2 is my daily VR driver headset. I am playing it on an Intel Core i7 9700K 5.1GHz OC with EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I very recently got into VR with a Valve Index. I'm trying to get through Alyx and have played a small amount of modded Skyrim VR. I'm having a blast but usually have to quit after an hour and a half. I've never had motion sickness until VR. I want to get into some flight sims but I'm waiting until I can save for a good hotas setup.

The first time Alduin landed right above me in the Skyrim opening will be burned into my brain forever. VR really lets you appreciate the scale of something much larger than yourself.
Sponsored