Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was cleaning my Car I notice some haze on my gauge cluster. I only clean it with microfiber towel no chemical I try using plasti x but remove the swirls but the haze stills there my gauge cluster looks foggy does anyone has been thru this or have a solution to the get rid of it ? Thank you
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try polishing ? Could everything together the lieces from the dash the way it was ?
I didn't try polishing with the PlastX because it was Meguiars interior cleaner that did the original damage.

In my opinion, once the damage is done, it's hard to reverse it. I read that there is coating on the plastic lens, so after if gets hazed up, the coating is permanently damaged.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't try polishing with the PlastX because it was Meguiars interior cleaner that did the original damage.

In my opinion, once the damage is done, it's hard to reverse it. I read that there is coating on the plastic lens, so after if gets hazed up, the coating is permanently damaged.
Could you put everything back noise free? lol

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Could you put everything back noise free? lol
Ya I put everything back together. It took like 1-2 hours to replace it.

The only issue I had is that I broke a clip on the steering wheel cover, so just be careful with the clips if you do this yourself.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I put everything back together. It took like 1-2 hours to replace it.

The only issue I had is that I broke a clip on the steering wheel cover, so just be careful with the clips if you do this yourself.
Did you disconnet the battery to disconect the gauge cluster ? Im doing the swap right now lol

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They must make these gauge covers out of very soft material as mine is already hazy with micro scratches all over it and i've only cleaned it a few times with a clean screen cleaning cloth. It only bothers my OCD when the sun shines through certain times of the day and you can see all the micro scratches easily.

I had to fix one in a prevous car by wet sanding it with different increments of sand paper and polishing it until it was like new again so i'm going to pull mine out in the spring and do that and then apply some ceramic coating to it and see if that keeps it from happening. I fear if I just replace it, it will just keep happening over time since it gets dusty and you have to remove the dust somehow.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They must make these gauge covers out of very soft material as mine is already hazy with micro scratches all over it and i've only cleaned it a few times with a clean screen cleaning cloth. It only bothers my OCD when the sun shines through certain times of the day and you can see all the micro scratches easily.

I had to fix one in a prevous car by wet sanding it with different increments of sand paper and polishing it until it was like new again so i'm going to pull mine out in the spring and do that and then apply some ceramic coating to it and see if that keeps it from happening. I fear if I just replace it, it will just keep happening over time since it gets dusty and you have to remove the dust somehow.
I was thinking of ceramic coating too Lol. Yes this material is so soft i try clean in it with swift duster itll leave swirls

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I did not. You need to move your steering wheel to get to the screws, so battery has to stay connected for that.
Those lenses would get lightly Scratch or develop Swirls because of the Dust even with out touching the lense
I did mine lens change it was lot of things to remove
Sponsored