Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
be ready to use small zip ties for some of the clips near the very top, great fit overall

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second that. You will most likely break the tabs pulling the stock grille off. Be ready for zip ties and some frustration, but looks good after all is said and done.

stanger

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Bought the procivic grill and the Bayson R lip for my Si coupe to get my feet wet at modifying my car and it turned out to be a huge pain. Of course I had very little idea what I was doing and I haven't really ever modified a car before my Si, but it was still a huge ordeal and I ended up not getting it installed and had to put the old grill back in until I can make another attempt at it because I wasn't prepared and didn't have proper tools. I definitely underestimated the task and really, I could have gotten it installed pretty easily if I'd had proper tools.

The plastic clips holding the bumper on are pretty miserable to remove, and yeah you're probably gonna break a few with how difficult the ones underneath the car are to pull, but I don't imagine getting some replacements would cost much. I think the ones underneath the car might fill with dust or sand (I live in FL so theres always sand everywhere) and get clogged up and really refuse to come out without a LOT of effort.

The main issue I had was that the "eyebrow" black strips that sit above the headlights, the pieces in the procivic kit didn't seem to be complete(?). The ones I pulled off of the stock grill had more to them, and looked proper when I attached them to the procivic grill. The replacement ones that came with it seemed to be missing a plastic piece that attached to the underside of the end that attaches to the grill itself. I don't know if thats how its supposed to be or what, but when I get around to making a second shot at it, I'm gonna use the stock parts and just attach those to the new grill.

I also am not sure if the grill was supposed to come with any hardware because afaik, my box only had the grill and the two trim pieces for over the headlight. It came with instructions and a sticker though. I wonder this because the screws that keep the grill attached to the bumper were pretty rough to try and fit to the procivic grill. I didn't have a perfect size screwdriver to get them mounted, but as easy as it was to get the screws out of the stock grill with the one I was using, it seemed far too difficult in comparison to trying to get the screws back into the procivic grill. I was really scared of stripping the screws or cracking the procivic grill, and I might try and find out if there are screws I need for it specifically, or just go take the grill to a hardware store and have them help me find some good size screws. I didn't think replacing the grill would be so bad so I was working with the lackluster tools at my parents house since I was using their garage space to work, and only had a panel removal kit with me for the plastic clips. If you are supposed to use the hardware from the stock grill to reattach the replacement, you should have everything you need pretty easily.

I also highly recommend buying some zip ties for the top part of the grill like many others have said, as getting the stock grill out is pretty wild and it didn't seem like it was even gonna fit exactly perfect even before I wore those spots down pulling the stock one out.

Its not the hardest thing in the world, but getting the plastic clips out and the clips on the bumper itself is pretty scary the first time cause it feels like I was going to break something even though I was following video guides as close as I could, but you really do need the right tools to make it work and to make sure the fitment is right. I only got the grill somewhat mounted to the bumper before I realized I couldn't properly install it, but it looked real damn good even with the bumper off the car. I'd def recommend it, especially if you live in the south with how damn hot it gets here. I can't tell you how much I hate that giant bar blocking so much of the grill.

Again, its definitely on me for not being equipped and that I'd never modified my si or any other car before so I was pretty terrified of breaking plastic bits the entire time, but if you have any experience with pulling bumpers off or doing anything really, you should be fine.

Thats my experience with the procivic grill lol. I know I'm probably doing a lot of things wrong and I know next to nothing, but I'm trying my best.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
soooooounds like a pain in the ass!!! might have to be a summer job lol

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's honestly not that bad. The clips are annoying if you haven't done them before but you get used to them pretty quick. I recommend two flat heads, put them in on each side and dont try to pry them off but just twist both screwdrivers. Should pop right out, but if they have sand and grit it might take some more messing around. Total it was about a 2 hour job for me.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Bought the procivic grill and the Bayson R lip for my Si coupe to get my feet wet at modifying my car and it turned out to be a huge pain. Of course I had very little idea what I was doing and I haven't really ever modified a car before my Si, but it was still a huge ordeal and I ended up not getting it installed and had to put the old grill back in until I can make another attempt at it because I wasn't prepared and didn't have proper tools. I definitely underestimated the task and really, I could have gotten it installed pretty easily if I'd had proper tools.

The plastic clips holding the bumper on are pretty miserable to remove, and yeah you're probably gonna break a few with how difficult the ones underneath the car are to pull, but I don't imagine getting some replacements would cost much. I think the ones underneath the car might fill with dust or sand (I live in FL so theres always sand everywhere) and get clogged up and really refuse to come out without a LOT of effort.

The main issue I had was that the "eyebrow" black strips that sit above the headlights, the pieces in the procivic kit didn't seem to be complete(?). The ones I pulled off of the stock grill had more to them, and looked proper when I attached them to the procivic grill. The replacement ones that came with it seemed to be missing a plastic piece that attached to the underside of the end that attaches to the grill itself. I don't know if thats how its supposed to be or what, but when I get around to making a second shot at it, I'm gonna use the stock parts and just attach those to the new grill.

I also am not sure if the grill was supposed to come with any hardware because afaik, my box only had the grill and the two trim pieces for over the headlight. It came with instructions and a sticker though. I wonder this because the screws that keep the grill attached to the bumper were pretty rough to try and fit to the procivic grill. I didn't have a perfect size screwdriver to get them mounted, but as easy as it was to get the screws out of the stock grill with the one I was using, it seemed far too difficult in comparison to trying to get the screws back into the procivic grill. I was really scared of stripping the screws or cracking the procivic grill, and I might try and find out if there are screws I need for it specifically, or just go take the grill to a hardware store and have them help me find some good size screws. I didn't think replacing the grill would be so bad so I was working with the lackluster tools at my parents house since I was using their garage space to work, and only had a panel removal kit with me for the plastic clips. If you are supposed to use the hardware from the stock grill to reattach the replacement, you should have everything you need pretty easily.

I also highly recommend buying some zip ties for the top part of the grill like many others have said, as getting the stock grill out is pretty wild and it didn't seem like it was even gonna fit exactly perfect even before I wore those spots down pulling the stock one out.

Its not the hardest thing in the world, but getting the plastic clips out and the clips on the bumper itself is pretty scary the first time cause it feels like I was going to break something even though I was following video guides as close as I could, but you really do need the right tools to make it work and to make sure the fitment is right. I only got the grill somewhat mounted to the bumper before I realized I couldn't properly install it, but it looked real damn good even with the bumper off the car. I'd def recommend it, especially if you live in the south with how damn hot it gets here. I can't tell you how much I hate that giant bar blocking so much of the grill.

Again, its definitely on me for not being equipped and that I'd never modified my si or any other car before so I was pretty terrified of breaking plastic bits the entire time, but if you have any experience with pulling bumpers off or doing anything really, you should be fine.

Thats my experience with the procivic grill lol. I know I'm probably doing a lot of things wrong and I know next to nothing, but I'm trying my best.
Clips are a pain (I broke one when putting on IC and charge pipes), but once you see how they fit on then it’s not as scary since you know where to press to get them undone.
I haven’t installed my high flowing mesh grill, but I plan on using this video as a guide -

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I’ve removed the bumper plenty of times it’s not that hard. Look up intercooler install guides to remove the bumper it’s really not that bad.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I’ve removed the bumper plenty of times it’s not that hard. Look up intercooler install guides to remove the bumper it’s really not that bad.
yea im about to install the PRL IC next week so ive been looking at any video i can find on ANY IC install on youtube!

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
oh okay not that bad. when i ordered mine seemed like they were back in stock. nervous about taking off my bumper lol cannot wait for the install!! thanks
yea ill probably stop by honda before i do it to grab some extra clips :| i just know

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
gotta play it safe! what clips are you referring to? knowing myself i know something is going to break :doh:
just the push pops really. i know theres two clips on the head lights that look like a pain. and two push pops behind the collision bar that miiight be a pain too
Sponsored