Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
:bow: *jeez, why is it so hard to get a 6MT civic with a sunroof
I support your endeavor - not financially or anything but I really hope you and other people do this enough to draw high-management attention to the 'problem' so that it gets fixed in the future. These concepts of 'global platforms' are not so global when they localize the offerings. I realize requirements are different in different places, but I just can't see how the market research could support making 6MT hardtops.

Brian
Sponsored

comptonx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda is one company that does not honor the warranty....but the article was older so maybe things have changed.
Just seems unduly difficult to purchase a car that is or will be in production, but located over a line. I am sure that there are many good reasons but again, somewhat frustrating.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This was posted over at TOV:

2017 Civic Hatchback feature list
LX - 6MT or CVT.
Sport - 6MT or CVT. Adds 18" wheels, fog lights, aero kit, center outlet exhaust, Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, paddle shifters (for CVT), and aluminum sport pedals.
EX - CVT. Adds 17" wheels, fog lights, LaneWatch, variable intermittent wipers, heated exterior mirrors, lighted vanity mirror, display audio with CarPlay/Android Auto, moonroof, smart entry/push button start, remote engine start, dual zone climate control, XM and HD Radio.
EX-L-Navi - CVT. - Full navigation, leather seats, heated front seats, power driver seat, auto dimming miror, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
Sport Touring - CVT - Adds LED Headlights, standard Honda Sensing, 18" wheels, aero kit, center outlet exhaust, fog lights, 12 speaker premium audio system, turn signals integrated in exterior mirrors, 4-way power passenger seat, heated rear seats, aluminum sport pedals, paddle shifters, automatic wipers and high beams.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
LOL buys sport model with all the visual goodness, doesn't have intermittent wipers LMAO.

But the trim levels and equipment look pretty much in line with what Honda is doing consistently across the lineup. Seems like the hatch is marketed as a more premium option than the sedan and coupe too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that. No intermittent wipers? Seriously? Every car made since 1970 has those, don't they?

Sorry but Honda screwed the pooch on the packaging on the hatch.

So basically, the Sport (feature-wise is sort of a stripper model). Why couldn't they offer an EX Sport? This was going to be my next car but I need to rethink this out.

Another car I'm looking at is the upcoming 2017 Forte5 SX hatch. Laugh if you will but my current Forte SX sedan has been a reliable and fairly punchy car (0-60 in 7 sec). For the same price as the 2017 Sport, you get heated and power folding mirrors, a turbo with 201hp and 195 lb/ft or torque. Choice of 6 speed manual or 7speed DCT, 18" wheels, 7" touch screen with Android and Apple, leather seats, leather steering wheel etc. Performance-wise 0-60 in less than 6.5 sec. 10 year powertrain warranty. And it's a good looking traditional style hatch:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay Clipboard01

I really wanted to go back to my Honda roots but there is so much messed up about the way Honda packages the trim levels.

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
It's definitely a fight against the Koreans. Honda still has the better product, but that lead is decreasing, and they're also trying to keep their profit margins up...

nick82bk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Unfortunately this is what it's coming to .... the 2017 Civic Hatch-Sport would be my ultimate ideal car ... if only it had a sunroof.

And now I'm really bummed to be seriously looking at Fords & Mazdas now ... but that's what it is.. I need a 6MT with a 'roof

^ and sh**, that Kia does look nice

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
I saw that. No intermittent wipers? Seriously? Every car made since 1970 has those, don't they?
That would be referring to variable intermittent wipers for the EX, which is consistent with the both the Sedan and Couple EX. Of course the LX and Sport would come with 2-speed intermittent wipers just like the LX sedan and Coupe.

Last edited:

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
The Sport in Canada will also come with the upgraded display for support of Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, heated front seats, heated mirrors and sunroof. There may be additional features included with the Canada Sport trim as the EX trim is not available in Canada for the Hatchback.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

Sorry but Honda screwed the pooch on the packaging on the hatch.

So basically, the Sport (feature-wise is sort of a stripper model). Why couldn't they offer an EX Sport? This was going to be my next car but I need to rethink this out.

Another car I'm looking at is the upcoming 2017 Forte5 SX hatch. Laugh if you will but my current Forte SX sedan has been a reliable and fairly punchy car (0-60 in 7 sec). For the same price as the 2017 Sport, you get heated and power folding mirrors, a turbo with 201hp and 195 lb/ft or torque. Choice of 6 speed manual or 7speed DCT, 18" wheels, 7" touch screen with Android and Apple, leather seats, leather steering wheel etc. Performance-wise 0-60 in less than 6.5 sec. 10 year powertrain warranty. And it's a good looking traditional style hatch:

Clipboard01.jpg

I really wanted to go back to my Honda roots but there is so much messed up about the way Honda packages the trim levels.
Actually that Kia looks better than the Civic hatch.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
If you don't mind switching brands, Hyundai is also getting into the US performance hatch market fairly soon with the Hyundai Elantra GT N...not too familiar with the way Hyundai options their cars but the spyshots so far look pretty sweet if you're looking at sporty hatchbacks.

Sunroofs aren't my cup of tea but it looks like the GT N may have a panorama sunroof based on the spyshots? Hard to tell.

nick82bk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The Sport in Canada will also come with the upgraded display for support of Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, heated front seats, heated mirrors and sunroof. There may be additional features included with the Canada Sport trim as the EX trim is not available in Canada for the Hatchback.
Hello Mr. Hoodlum ~

Can you please tell me where you confirmed this information regarding the Canada Sport trim? ... a link?

Guys, I'm seriously seriously pondering the possibility of importing a Sport hatch back from Toronto. .. going to start the due diligence now

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The turbocharged engine will be offered with either a sporty CVT (all trims) or a performance-inspired 6-speed manual transmission (LX, Sport, and EX trims). Anticipated EPA fuel economy ratings of 31/40/34 mpg (city/highway/combined) for CVT-equipped models, based on the newer, more stringent model year 2017 EPA ratings requirements, put the 5-door Honda Civic Hatchback at the top of its class.

copied from http://world.honda.com/news/2016/4160815eng.html?r=m

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd honestly switch brands in a heartbeat if kia offered the good hatch they offer in Europe (see? honda's not the only one that does that nonsense)

The pro ceed GT 3 door hatch.... like a kia version of the Scirocco (another car we don't get but i wish we did) It's based off the forte, but so so so much better looking IMO

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 1.22.48 PM
Sponsored