Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Hey guys I’m new here and new to the whole mods thing, I have a 17 EX sedan that I bought a set of 18x8.5 wheels for with 35et. I like the wide look of tires but I definitely don’t like the poke look, and definitely need the best performance and also don’t want the car to be higher. I dunno if what I’m saying make any sense, if it does, what’s the best/widest tire size that won’t rub, stick out or drive bad?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys I’m new here and new to the whole mods thing, I have a 17 EX sedan that I bought a set of 18x8.5 wheels for with 35et. I like the wide look of tires but I definitely don’t like the poke look, and definitely need the best performance and also don’t want the car to be higher. I dunno if what I’m saying make any sense, if it does, what’s the best/widest tire size that won’t rub, stick out or drive bad?
255/35r18 to stay as close to stock tire sizing to keep a low speedo error %. If you want performance you need summer tires. If your on a budget Firestone Indy 500’s. If you have money to spare Michelin PS4s. I’ve also heard good things about Continental extremecontact sport. If you need all seasons or prefer all seasons look into performance all seasons like Michelin’s AS4 I heard are good also. I can speak from experience the Michelin PS4’s are amazing but come with a bit of a price tag. Firestone Indy 500’s are a amazing for the price point. Currently what I’m running right now. This was my first time trying them and I can say they held up extremely well, better than I thought that’s for sure! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another set if I was looking to save the extra cash on tires, compared to PS4s. The Michelin’s are the better tire (Indy 500 vs PS4S), but don’t sleep on the Indy’s. Both are night/day difference compared to the stock all season tires that’s for sure.

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
255/35r18 to stay as close to stock tire sizing to keep a low speedo error %. If you want performance you need summer tires. If your on a budget Firestone Indy 500’s. If you have money to spare Michelin PS4s. I’ve also heard good things about Continental extremecontact sport. If you need all seasons or prefer all seasons look into performance all seasons like Michelin’s AS4 I heard are good also. I can speak from experience the Michelin PS4’s are amazing but come with a bit of a price tag. Firestone Indy 500’s are a amazing for the price point. Currently what I’m running right now. This was my first time trying them and I can say they held up extremely well, better than I thought that’s for sure! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another set if I was looking to save the extra cash on tires, compared to PS4s. The Michelin’s are the better tire (Indy 500 vs PS4S), but don’t sleep on the Indy’s. Both are night/day difference compared to the stock all season tires that’s for sure.
I think I’ll get the Indie 500, they’re affordable and summer tires and I live in South Florida so they’ll be great for me. I’ve just read a pretty good article about summer vs all season that explained a lot, I’ll put the link below, but you’re sure they won’t poke out, right? Coz between The 225, 235 and 255 255 is the widest, right?, I’m just not familiar with the measurements.
https://www.lesschwab.com/article/summer-tires-vs-all-season-tires-which-are-best-for-you.html

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I’ll get the Indie 500, they’re affordable and summer tires and I live in South Florida so they’ll be great for me. I’ve just read a pretty good article about summer vs all season that explained a lot, I’ll put the link below, but you’re sure they won’t poke out, right? Coz between The 225, 235 and 255 255 is the widest, right?, I’m just not familiar with the measurements.
https://www.lesschwab.com/article/summer-tires-vs-all-season-tires-which-are-best-for-you.html
No, no poke. The only time you poke with tires is when you stretch them. This is proper fitment so no poke. I’m running 255/35r18 Indy 500’s right now (also on lowering springs). Using 18x8.5 +35 as well (fronts have 3mm spacer to clear my Brembo BBK conversion)

Honda Civic 10th gen Best tire for 18x8.5 35et BEE0E3EC-80DD-423A-9705-D33A9C25B498

Honda Civic 10th gen Best tire for 18x8.5 35et BD59E95D-6CC5-4C6C-B58B-8B9E600D03B7

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
No, no poke. The only time you poke with tires is when you stretch them. This is proper fitment so no poke. I’m running 255/35r18 Indy 500’s right now (also on lowering springs). Using 18x8.5 +35 as well (fronts have 3mm spacer to clear my Brembo BBK conversion)

BEE0E3EC-80DD-423A-9705-D33A9C25B498.jpeg

BD59E95D-6CC5-4C6C-B58B-8B9E600D03B7.jpeg
Alright perfect, then I’ll order 255’s for sure. What are those? AV-21’s?

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Stock tire size fits better on 18x8.5 wheels.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Stock tire size fits better on 18x8.5 wheels.
If you’re going to re-use the stock continentals, I don’t agree with what you say. Their sidewall is rounded compared to other brands like Federal, Yokohama, etc. It’s best to use at least 245 tire width for an 8.5 inch wide rim.

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
If you’re going to re-use the stock continentals, I don’t agree with what you say. Their sidewall is rounded compared to other brands like Federal, Yokohama, etc. It’s best to use at least 245 tire width for an 8.5 inch wide rim.
So 255/35r18 all around aren’t too wide and won’t be rubbing at all, right?

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
They are AV-27’s in hyper black
They look pretty good man nice set, I’ll take some pictures after putting the new wheels on. Do you know anyone has 18x9.5 +30 on?, I wanna see how they look and if it’s clear/no rubbing

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
And btw I got a great deal on the Michelin PS4s, but unfortunately for only 2 but I paid only $100, they guy drove 50 miles only on them, so I think I’m gonna get 2 brand new Indy’s now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best tire for 18x8.5 35et 444F8978-4B34-43E7-9885-44365BA27F5C

Honda Civic 10th gen Best tire for 18x8.5 35et C83D3139-6964-4E0D-B6E2-6F71B154FF49

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No you should get any rubbing what so ever on a 18x8.5 255/35r18 set up. The only time you’ll ever rub is during a nasty pot hole but it’s not often at all.

thanks man I appreciate it. I don’t know anyone that runs that set, should be fine though, but me personally I’d probably stay at +35 offset on 9.5

nice! What a steal of a deal! My OCD would kick in though seeing how all 4 wheels are not the same ?

OP
OP
Acetheboy

Acetheboy

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
No you should get any rubbing what so ever on a 18x8.5 255/35r18 set up. The only time you’ll ever rub is during a nasty pot hole but it’s not often at all.

thanks man I appreciate it. I don’t know anyone that runs that set, should be fine though, but me personally I’d probably stay at +35 offset on 9.5

nice! What a steal of a deal! My OCD would kick in though seeing how all 4 wheels are not the same ?
Great then, I wanted to get the Avid1 AV-30 18x8.5 but they’re only available in 9.5 but I thought it’ll be a lil bit too much and they’ll poke out. And I have OCD too lol!, but the lowest these tires goes for is $226 each, the guy might have more he’ll lmk on Monday, if not I’ll get 2 Indy’s and put them in the back

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great then, I wanted to get the Avid1 AV-30 18x8.5 but they’re only available in 9.5 but I thought it’ll be a lil bit too much and they’ll poke out. And I have OCD too lol!, but the lowest these tires goes for is $226 each, the guy might have more he’ll lmk on Monday, if not I’ll get 2 Indy’s and put them in the back
Its really your offset that will determine the poke, +30 on 8.5 is dead center flush with the fender that’s why I say bring the 9.5 back at +35. I recommend buying the tires on tire rack since it comes with free road hazard protection
Sponsored